Wax Spillage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caro

Reaction score
I stupidly put my wax heater in my trolley case last night, with warm wax in it... needless to say it has spilt all over the case.

Does anyone have any tips for removing wax off fabric? I love my trolley and don't want to have to bin it ....

Many Thanks
:cry:

Have you tried the wax remover and a bit of scrubbing? I soak mine leave a few mins then scrub. Or depending how thick of type of material, use wax strips maybe? Sorry ive only ever had to clean my pots and a little spill on a carpet, I'm sure someone else will be more helpful, good luck :)

Thanks for your reply... I have soaked it in wax remover and scrubbed (wax is now stuck to the brush!) managed to get the excess of ...just need to get the real sticky stuff off :( This is why I don't like waxing soooo messy when you're mobile!:!:

Caro I can completely relate to this I have mine in a box and it spilt on my way back from a clients house. Cleaned it up in the kitchen and the wax cleaner ended up staining the kitchen surface......parents were very pleased......
It's such a pain when your on the move all the time! Xx

This is very naughty but nail varnish remover removes wax! I can't speak for carpets or fabrics though. I clean my waxpot/trolley with it and they come up sparkling!

i had great results with WD 40 spray it leave it then wipe but dont know how it will do on fabricc maybe surgical spirits after that ???
:cry:

I have a specific wax remover but im not sure if it works on fabrics. I do know that Ive had to throw away many pairs of pants because the wax completely ruined it.

I spilt the wax pot over onto my carpet and I saturated it with wax cleaner then covered it with wax strips then put books on top of it, left it for a day or two and the wax had completely dissolved. Mad but it worked. Carpet absolutely perfect.

There is a spray you can buy for getting chewing gum off of carpets. It's like a dry ice spray, good for killing fleas and dust mite too. But where you buy this from, I have no idea. I know it's still available to buy, because I saw someone in my local shoe shop using it. You could try professional cleaning company suppliers and after that, places like, car valeting professionals, Maplins, then diy shops. If you find it, please post where, it's something we could all do with from time to time.
Or, if your case isn't massive and you have a chest freezer handy, put it in the freezer over night, then use a paint scrapper to get the now brittle wax of.
Good luck:hug:

Thanks for your reply... I have soaked it in wax remover and scrubbed (wax is now stuck to the brush!) managed to get the excess of ...just need to get the real sticky stuff off :( This is why I don't like waxing soooo messy when you're mobile!:!:

Its just a suggestion, but you could try taking damp tea towel, put it over sticky area, then go over it with a warm iron to soften up the wax, then try using your wax equipment cleaner on a clean non coloured cloth. I've heard it works with candles so its worth a try. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I was going to suggest the warm iron over cloth or thick paper, you need to warm the wax for easier removal, once it's warm use a wax spatula and scrape off then use the oil to remove any remnants. This is always happening to me its so frustrating. Good luck :)

Thank you everyone! Will give all suggestions a try!

My Mum will think I've completely lost the plot when I turn up asking to use her chest freezer and pop my case in there !!!!

I've used WD40 (allow to soak for a bit),or washing up liquid with hot water (scrape with a knife). tbh i don't think you'll get all of it off. you could remove the material? or cover the material with something that can be wiped if it happens again. hth

Latest posts

Back