wax tip needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
hi just wondering if anyone knows a good way to stop tubs of wax gluing themselves shut and also a tip for opening them if they do. i cant seem to win

What system do you use?

I use PHD and cant say I've had this problem as when they are not in use they are stored cap upright, and when they are being used then the heat will have melted any wax around the top.

can youo heat them with the lid on. i thought you couldnt??????

thanks just need a new heater as i use a microwave to heat the wax up initially and i suppose cant do that with a lid on.
thanks again

Oh I see. Definitely get a new heater asap as you can't guarantee the correct temperature no matter how careful you are.

hi just wondering if anyone knows a good way to stop tubs of wax gluing themselves shut and also a tip for opening them if they do. i cant seem to win

If you put them in the microwave for just a few seconds the wax round the lid will soften enough for you to get the lid off. Either that or clean round the threads with surgical spirit or wax equipment cleaner before you put the lid back on. Then there's no wax to get stuck.

I just boil the kettle and poor the hot water over and around the the lid, this seems to loosen any wax that may have seeped around the lid.

Then before i close the lid on my post after use, i let the wax cool off a little, wipe a bit of almond oil or other just around the inside of the lid and then seal it.

Scrubfesh or similar on a lint free wipe [ cotton wool if you're clever :wink2:] works excellent.
I use it to thoroughly wipe over the roller heads, inside & out of C & E spa waxing unit & the hot wax pot.

HtH

XX J XX

Do you mean the tubs that you buy the wax in? I don't put the lids back on mine, just cover them with paper towel to keep everything out. If you do get lids stuck either pop it in the micowave for a few seconds or pour over hot water and you'll be able to open it.

microwave it - don't do it for long and keep checking it. The lids become loose after around 1.5 mins in my 800watt microwave. Hope this helps lovey xxx

thanks so much guys. i tried the cleaning trick and it doesnt work so will use the microwave just didnt want to blow anything up
thanks again

I microwave for 1 minute with the lid on
take the lid of - should be easy to remove now,
then microwave for two minutes before pouring into the wax pot.
This always works for me.

to take the lid off when u first open them?? Kee them stored up right and it shouldnt be a problem. as for afterwards, I wouldnt bother. Just pop a piece of paper over it or get a wax heater with a lid!! =]

right the lid off isn't really an ption as am mobile so dont want wax everyware but thanks for the help guys

right the lid off isn't really an ption as am mobile so dont want wax everyware but thanks for the help guys

have you thought about a roller system?

Latest posts

Back