Waxing & bleeding. Help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
Ive done a bikini wax on a lady today at about 4.30pm (its now 7pm) & shes just phoned me to say her bikini is bleeding. There was some spotting when I waxed but nothing out of the ordinary. She says when she took her trousers off, the had blood in them & says it's sort of 'seeping'. I've advised her to put pressure on it & an ice pack but I really dont know what else to suggest or why this is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kate

This is odd, it sounds like you may have removed the top layer of skin. But if you have it would have stopped bleeding by now is this a regular client? Has she had waxing before? You have given her good advice.

Its very strange. She's a new client but has been waxed regularly before. She says this hasnt happened before. She is a larger lady & the skin folds were a little red prior to waxing but no infection / broken skin. The hair was a bit too long so I wonder if I have dragged it a little as I've waxed? The wax wasnt too hot (I used warm wax). I've never had a complaint before I feel a bit upset! I need to toughen up!

I'd ask her to come in straight away and see what she's talking about, I wouldn't be just advising her to ice pack it. Redness and a little senstivity in area is normal after a wax, bleeding and seeping is not. I would def have her in ASAP to see first had.

This does sound like a not normal reaction. I would ask her to come along too. And if this reaction persists you should tell her to visit her gp.

You really need to see this my darling just to clarify what is wrong. Clients sometimes describe things differently than we would. :wink2:

yes at least if you see for your self you will know what she means

I agree with shedunlop. She may be exaggerating a bit.

Ive just spoken to her again because it was worrying me. What shes actaully said now is it wasnt seeping / weeping at all. It had bled a little bit & has stopped now & is just feeling a bit tender. I think she panicked at seeing some blood but it isnt ununsal for some spotting (is that correct) seeing as the hair has just been ripped out.

Thank you for your replies ladies.

Ahh I see. I would tell her to maybe apply some salon. If she's larger she. Could be sweating and it could be chafing. She might end up getting folliculitus. X

i would still advise if the same in the morning to see gp to cover yourself incase it does become infected in any way

Yes blood spots are normal especially with thicker hair as the erector-pilli muscle is being separated from the follicle. If the hair is really strong you should try and use hot wax in this area in the future if you already don't.

Phone her tomorrow to check the progress, if there is any contractions the refer her to your GP.

Glad you're not in a panic now. Out of interest, does she have red hair? Red heads can bleed a lot but it should stop once you've cleansed the area of blood.

Glad you're not in a panic now. Out of interest, does she have red hair? Red heads can bleed a lot but it should stop once you've cleansed the area of blood.

Do red heads tend to bleed Kim?
I'm a red head & so far have wimped away from bikini waxing!!
I know my eyebrows are stubborn & even when plucking them it's a real struggle to get them out!!!

Do red heads tend to bleed Kim?
I'm a red head & so far have wimped away from bikini waxing!!
I know my eyebrows are stubborn & even when plucking them it's a real struggle to get them out!!!
They do tend to bleed, although some just have a few blood spots from the follicles. I have had real ginger clients who have bled from every pore but once you wipe it away (never show them) it's gone. It's nothing to worry about. Red heads can find waxing more painful too:(

Latest posts

Back