Waxing reaction!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Any advise?

I waxed my best friends legs last night. I used perron rigot cristal ocean roller cleansed with blue lotion, used jasmine oil as I always do. I have waxed her about 4 or 5 times before all being ok!

This morning she looks like she is burnt!!!!! Mainly on her shins and a tiny bit on the back of her leg!!! Her skin isn't hot or weeping tho but does feel a bit tight.

I used my roller cartridge the wax definitely wasn't too hot as I tested it on myself first & after I did her legs I did my nieces too & hers are fine. The wax wasn't too cold either. She doesnt have any contraindications.

I feel so bad & I think she is looking at me to tell her why it happened & to be honest I don't know!

She did drop into conversation that she had just got out the bath before she came round but surely that would not have caused a reaction like this?

Caroline xx

It probably is a reaction to the heat as her skin was already warm from the bath.Its almost certainly not a burn just a bit of heat rash.If you only waxed her last night and she had the rash in the morning that is not unusual especially if she was warm in bed.
You can expect someones skin to take up to 24 even 48 hours to settle down if they are very sensitive or they have had a reaction.
Is it still the same this evening?.

Hi Gillian

Yes unfortunately it is and she says it feels really tight. Have double checked my roller and its definitely not under or over heating. Its really irritating as I just can't work out what has gone wrong, unless there is somethi g she isn't telling me! Just got to chalk it down to experience I guess.
I've done hundreds of leg waxes with no problems it has really upset me.

Thanks for your reply its really helpful.

Caroline xx

Latest posts

Back