Waxing someone on warferin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
I've had a lady enquire about leg waxing, she's never been waxed before and was wondering if its alright as she's on warferin. I'm newly qualified and can't find anything that says it can't be done but thought i'd ask a second opinion before i said yes.
Does anyone know if there's any reason not too?

Ive waxed people on warfin before , its quite a common medication.Just follow usual protocol and do a patch test as normal , some meds can disrupt skins imbalance and of course the heat factor, but i would think its ok . patch test will tell you anyway
good luck

You might find this interesting Beauty Guild: Waxing / Warfarin

You can always get her to check with her GP. Just be aware that if you do go ahead, warfarin is a blood thinner and so may cause her to bruise much more easily.

Hi, thats helped alot. I think i'm going to ring her back and advise that she may bruise and that if she did want to go ahead that 'lli would let her have to have a g.p consent formto be filled in by her doctor before hand. I'm thinking the doctor will probably say no anyway.

I've had a lady enquire about leg waxing, she's never been waxed before and was wondering if its alright as she's on warferin. I'm newly qualified and can't find anything that says it can't be done but thought i'd ask a second opinion before i said yes.
Does anyone know if there's any reason not too?
This forum has medical queries generally answered by medical professionals..
As the others have said its the risk of bruising etc ..

Warfarin Side Affects?? - Heart Disease - MedHelp

Thanks Jack

Latest posts

Back