Waxing timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddyreddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I seem to be taking an age with my waxing, not sure if it's because I chat a lot or that I'm a perfectionist or that I'm just slow!

Could you share your wisdom and let me know approx timings for the following:

warm wax

1/2 leg
1/2 arm

hot wax

basic bikini
under arm
brazillian (which I do as all hair gone except landing strip)
upper lip
eye brow shape

Thank you so much I would really appreciate some advice :hug:

Hey hun you sound so down (hugs) everyone has their own way of doing things and if you have happy clients that's the main thing people can get so caught up on the 'proper' times I prefer happy returning clients than trying to rush them through also not every client is the same where one treatment say an eyebrow shape could take ten mins with one and twenty with another, I will list my approximate times (actual working tie not including consult) for you HTH x

Half leg 30 mins 45 with bikini
Full leg 45 mins 1 hr with bikini
Eyebrow wax 15 mins
Underarm 15 mins
Basic bikini 10 mins
Forearm 15 mins
Braz bikini 20 mins
Back 20 mins
Chest 20 mins

Lucy @ Jazzybelles

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi hun, is it pot wax you use? as i invested in a hive 6 cartridge roller wax heater and found that cut my waxing times an awful lot!

hth

melx

brazilian takes me an hour?! but i used to use non strip wax... thats probably why!

how do you find the roller wax? i've got the clean and easy wax heater and tbh, its rubbish!

Hi hun, is it pot wax you use? as i invested in a hive 6 cartridge roller wax heater and found that cut my waxing times an awful lot!

I agree, for leg waxing a roller system is brill, for cutting down time AND saving my back! With roller I can do a 1/2 leg in 10mins and a full leg in 20 mins, thats inc changing time. With pot and spatula it's about 10 mins more.

But as has been said, if you're happy with your timings, and your clients are happy, that's what counts. I like to be quick, because my clients like it, and I can charge less which they also like. :) Speed shouldn't compromise quality though. No one wants a quick rubbish job!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I seem to be taking an age with my waxing, not sure if it's because I chat a lot or that I'm a perfectionist or that I'm just slow!

Could you share your wisdom and let me know approx timings for the following:

warm wax

1/2 leg
1/2 arm

hot wax

basic bikini
under arm
brazillian (which I do as all hair gone except landing strip)
upper lip
eye brow shape

Thank you so much I would really appreciate some advice :hug:

Hi there

Half leg 20 mins
Half arm 10 mins both with roller

Basic bikini 15 mins
Underarm 15 mins
Brazilian 25 - 50 depending on size of client and hair growth.
Lip 10 mins
Eye brow shape 25'mins - hate doing them!!
Xx

Don't beat yourself up if you are slow, everybody is different, my clients come to me because I take my time doing their eyebrows etc, they comment on where they 'used' to go saying they were on and off the couch in minutes and had to finish off the job the therapist should have done when they got home. I have been doing eyebrows for a couple of years and I have never speeded up, I am a perfectionist and my clients don't leave until their eyebrows are perfect! I have new clients coming all the time because of this. Hope this helps you a little xx

how do you find the roller wax? i've got the clean and easy wax heater and tbh, its rubbish!

I've got the hive roller wax heater and i love it, alot of my wax clients come in for everything so the roller wax cuts the time down alot, i still use my pot and spatula for smaller areas like eyebrows because i like to be precise and don't feel confident using roller wax there.

HTH

Mx

Hi, most salons ive worked in allow the following times.

half leg 15 mins
half arm 15 min
braz/hollywood hot wax 30 min
underarm 15 min
full leg 30min

dont worry to much if you take a little longer tho, good luck

1/2 leg - 20
under arm - 10
Braz - 15
Hollywood - Absolutely no more than 20 mins

Hiya!

I use the roller wax system for legs and forearms, for the bikini, facial waxing and under arms I use hot wax.

1/2 leg - 20 to 25 minutes
1/2 arm - 10 minutes

Basic bikini - 10 minutes
Full bikini - 30 minutes
Under arm - 15 to 20 minutes
Upper lip - 10 minutes
Eye brow shape - depends on what the client wants, some just need a tidy up which is about 5 to 10 minutes while new clients might want a completely new shape which can take up to 20 minutes however once they become more regular it's more tidying up which cuts the time down...

Do not panic too much just do the best job you can do and with time it will seriously get better. Really consider the roller wax system for legs and forearms they are amazing and cuts down so much time!

:Love:

Let me give you some advice. You have to wax and talk. Also, however long you allow yourself, that's how long you will take. Allow yourself half an hour for brows and you'll take half an hour………allow yourself 10 mins and you'll take 10 mins. Try it xx

Don't beat yourself up if you are slow, everybody is different, my clients come to me because I take my time doing their eyebrows etc, they comment on where they 'used' to go saying they were on and off the couch in minutes and had to finish off the job the therapist should have done when they got home. I have been doing eyebrows for a couple of years and I have never speeded up, I am a perfectionist and my clients don't leave until their eyebrows are perfect! I have new clients coming all the time because of this. Hope this helps you a little xx

I totally agree im new to waxing and i did half leg 2 night on my friend using the spatula method in 45 mins a progression for me already lol but id rather do a good job and my client be happy :biggrin: im a perfectionist too and the same with everything i do and they always come back,i havent started taking clients for waxing yet as i wanted a few practice sessions in 1st x

1/2 leg - 20
under arm - 10
Braz - 15
Hollywood - Absolutely no more than 20 mins

How????
Brazilian in 15 mins? do you use hot wax? what about the cooling down?? (do you include a bumhole wax in your brazilian?)

Hollywood? I can understand if it was a regular but not for a first timer, do you incorporate bum hole wax in your hollywood?

Interesting timings.

Jacqui xx

What do you mean, by interesting timings, Jacqui (spill!)??

I don't know how can you do brazilian wax in 15 mins.. or a hollywood in 20 mins....i mean i do a bikini wax in 15 mins!!! I feel Brazilian/Hollywood is also such a delicate skills which requires extreme precision and technique to ensure you are waxing correctly...

Like this is what i do...

Talk - yap yap for few mins - talk about the previous wax appointments, any concerns, holidays, other treatments etc etc..Look at records cards if necessary...
Take off trousers/skirt
Trim hairs
Clean area
Apply oil
(Wipe off excess oil)
Scretch skin
wax with hard/hot wax in several areas
cool down - check it if wax are really ready to be peel off.. its all depends on the weather!!!
peel it off
stretch skin
wax again
cool down
peel it off
stretch skin
wax again
cool down
peel it off (
and again (it depends on how large the pubic mound isn't it???)
Then I may use soft wax (Perron Rigot cristal ocean) to ensure the hairs on the front is all off, then i would apply milk/gel/oil/afterwax cream to soothe down the redness.

There is absolutely no way I can do this in 15 mins...Unless I am being really really slow and I have been doing female initimate waxing for three years now!!

30 mins to 60 mins for brazilian and hollywood for me..

Id rather do it properly and take a little more time and care to ensure I do the job properly then whip it off and off you go!! I am going to put it another thread to see what people's brazilian/hollywood really entails?

xxxx

What do you mean, by interesting timings, Jacqui (spill!)??

I don't know how can you do brazilian wax in 15 mins.. or a hollywood in 20 mins....i mean i do a bikini wax in 15 mins!!! I feel Brazilian/Hollywood is also such a delicate skills which requires extreme precision and technique to ensure you are waxing correctly...

Like this is what i do...

Talk - yap yap for few mins - talk about the previous wax appointments, any concerns, holidays, other treatments etc etc..Look at records cards if necessary...
Take off trousers/skirt
Trim hairs
Clean area
Apply oil
(Wipe off excess oil)
Scretch skin
wax with hard/hot wax in several areas
cool down - check it if wax are really ready to be peel off.. its all depends on the weather!!!
peel it off
stretch skin
wax again
cool down
peel it off
stretch skin
wax again
cool down
peel it off (
and again (it depends on how large the pubic mound isn't it???)
Then I may use soft wax (Perron Rigot cristal ocean) to ensure the hairs on the front is all off, then i would apply milk/gel/oil/afterwax cream to soothe down the redness.

There is absolutely no way I can do this in 15 mins...Unless I am being really really slow and I have been doing female initimate waxing for three years now!!

30 mins to 60 mins for brazilian and hollywood for me..

Id rather do it properly and take a little more time and care to ensure I do the job properly then whip it off and off you go!! I am going to put it another thread to see what people's brazilian/hollywood really entails?

xxxx

Its interesting that an under arm wax takes 10 minutes and a brazilian takes 15!!!! 5 minutes more than an under arm wax to do a brazilian wax and 10 minutes more to do a hollywood.

It usually takes me up to 40 minutes to do a hollywood, I talk while I'm working lol

Not a single hair left behind when I'm finished and the final check is feeling the skin in an upward motion for invisible hair that you can feel but not see.

Your routine is good, I do have an unusual technique that I will share if you pm me although you may not wish to use it once you have heard it. Its not for the fainthearted lol.

Jacqui xx

Its interesting that an under arm wax takes 10 minutes and a brazilian takes 15!!!! 5 minutes more than an under arm wax to do a brazilian wax and 10 minutes more to do a hollywood.

I thought the same. Although I do only take 15-20 mins for regulars hollywoods (100% hair removed), 30 for newbies, but then I only take 5 mins to do an underarm wax.

Saying that, I don't pluck out every last tiny hair if the client has been shaving, or not left it long enough after shaving, simply because I don't charge enough for the time it would take (I can't in my area). It's also an incentive for the client not to shave in between waxes, cuz they don't get that same smooth finish do they. :)

I thought the same. Although I do only take 15-20 mins for regulars hollywoods (100% hair removed), 30 for newbies, but then I only take 5 mins to do an underarm wax.

Saying that, I don't pluck out every last tiny hair if the client has been shaving, or not left it long enough after shaving, simply because I don't charge enough for the time it would take (I can't in my area). It's also an incentive for the client not to shave in between waxes, cuz they don't get that same smooth finish do they. :)

Ok.. I am going to try and get my timings down to 45 mins and need to shut my big fat mouth up!!

Ooooohhh Jacqui I am going to PM you for your UNUSUAL waxing technique!!!! :biggrin:xxx

Latest posts

Back