Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyqueenxx

Reaction score
Is £20 for leg wax, bikini and underarm wax too expensive?!

I have my regular client who is also my mums friend who has been coming to me for her waxing since my college days and this is all I charge her for her waxing. Sometimes she makes jokes about giving her a free wax erc and I'm just wondering if I'm charging her too much?!

Sometimes she goes to another beauty salon for some treatments whilst I'm not available and I think if she went there for here waxing she would be paying so much more...

Thanks geeks xxxx

God know that's cheap! X

No!!! Sorry cx

That's what I thought but was just checking!
You know when it gets you thinking?!lol! Thanks xxx

She is getting a bargain!! And she still has the cheek to ask for a free one!!Some people!!
But honestly, where I live, you would pay about 25pounds only for a leg wax.

I give my sisters 50% discount and for a half leg, standard bikini and underarm wax it would cost them £20, so she is getting a huge discount in my opinion.

I think you need to charge her MORE! cheeky mare asking for a freebie... Your practically giving her a freebie anyway! don't undersell your self x

How much do you think I should be charging roughly?! Ive always charged this ever since college and that was 4 years ago?! Shall I increase the price? Xx

^ Have a look at your local salons, that will give you the best idea on what you should be charging.

My three local salons charge:
Legs: £22.50, £22, £25
Bikini: from £9.50, from £10, from £9
Underarms: £8.50, £8.50, £8

So that's what I base my own prices around.

If I were you I would say you are unavailable a few times so she has to go elsewhere and pay normal prices (no doubt more than twice what you charge her), then when she asks again, say sure you can do it but your prices have gone up due to wear and tear on your equipment and to cover product costs. You don't need to explain but if she's still making you feel bad after you explain, let her go elsewhere.

I have individual prices for everything and have based my prices around those but because I've charged her this from day 1 I never really thought about charging her individually. Perhaps I'll do that from now on! X

Wow she is getting a complete bargain from you!! I would charge £12 for half leg, standard bikini £8 & under arm £8 I'm home salon based so my prices aren't as high as I'd like them to be! X

Yeah I'm mobile and have a full time spa job too! But it's still time and money isn't it at the end of the day?

She is getting a bargain!! And she still has the cheek to ask for a free one!!Some people!!
But honestly, where I live, you would pay about 25pounds only for a leg wax.

Totally agree,its worth what she is paying for the leg wax alone,she is getting a bargain,cheeky! :)

Yeah I'm mobile and have a full time spa job too! But it's still time and money isn't it at the end of the day?

Yeh sure! Gotta make sure she's paying enough money for time!!! X

Waaaaaaay to low.

I charge 28.50 for a full leg
16.50 for half leg
11.00 - 15.00 for basic bikini
11.00 for under arm

You should revise your prices asap, work smarter not harder for the money.

Edited to add: After reading the 2nd post down (Divine H&B) I agree prices vary dramatically around the country.

But I still think £20.00 is too low for the three treatments and after four years your prices need to go up my lovely xx

Last edited:
I think it's very good value :) in my area its £14 for half leg, £10 for bikini and £9 for underarm!!!

What would you charge other clients?

I know where I am if we charged what some of the other geeks from around the country charged we would have any waxing clients at all

Cheeky mare...she's getting a bargain. I'd offer to charge her regular prices and every tenth treatment she can have half price if she prefers.

I'm quite cheap in my area and charge full leg £18, half leg £12, basic bikini £12, underarm £8.

She is deffo gettin a bargin I went today for a half leg, bikini and underarm and paid £48

Latest posts

Back