Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollie22

Reaction score
Was wondering what wax you guys use. I normally use hive roll on honey warm wax, then I went into my local wholesalers and salon system had some on offer so were some strips, so I got some. When I came to use them the wax wouldn't some off once it was on the skin. I thought it was the strips so got some new ones and it still happened. But know I have hive everything again and its all fine. Has any body else had this problem. It shows the more expensive is better. x x x

were they fabric or paper strips

well i have found some paper strips are thicker than others and some fabric strips shed more than others

i use mercia strips from sallys and i use salon system wax and i have no probs with them

but like everything people like different brands

i've only had probs with wax not coming off if its too cold or applied too thickly

Some systems require that you prep the nail with a cleanser or a lotion to reduce the adherence of the wax to the skin. Depileve for example has 4 lotions, 2 for pre treatment and 2 for post treatment. Isn't this the case of the system you bought?

I use Options pink creme wax, and I don't have any problem with it. It may be that you're not used to using pot wax, if you've been using roller wax for a while. Also, different brands of wax have a different 'feel' and different working temperatures, and can take a bit of getting used to.
Like chantell simone, I only get problems if the wax goes on too thickly or the temperature is too low.

Was wondering what wax you guys use. I normally use hive roll on honey warm wax, then I went into my local wholesalers and salon system had some on offer so were some strips, so I got some. When I came to use them the wax wouldn't some off once it was on the skin. I thought it was the strips so got some new ones and it still happened. But know I have hive everything again and its all fine. Has any body else had this problem. It shows the more expensive is better. x x x

Aren't they similar price though ??

There are several different types of Salon System wax, which one did you buy ?

I only find i have trouble if the wax cools down too quickly on the skin, if you apply the strip (i find bonded fibre strips are best) with a good firm pressure on to the wax intead of light strokes, this ensures the wax sticks to the strip so you can remove it efficiently.
HTH:)

What are you using to prep the skin with before you apply the wax?

Some peole apply a fine mist of talc on the:) area before waxing,as it helps absorb any perspiration etc. Personally i do not do this, as i do not use talc on my clients (carcinogenic and all that).
It sounds as though the wax may be too thick, i cant imagine it being the strips. i personally cannot get on with fabric stris- too floppy! but thats just me.:)

Ok Hollie,I personally dont think it's down to wax strips,they all do the same job at the end of the day,even though some of us prefer paper and some muslim(I'm a muslim gal myself)

What I will say is apply the wax,once you have prepped the skin correctly then apply a firm pressure,rub hand up and down the wax strip firmly, then the wax should stick to the strip,no problems.

Sometimes cold or dry skin can lead to difficulty in removal of the wax.

It's really nothing to do with expense,but experience.HTH:green:

Hi just to let you know I had some hive wax and strips delivered to day and used them on a client and it was fine, I prehaps didin't get to use the other long enough to work out how long it takes to melt and stuff, think i will stick to what I prefer and know, that way will get better results, thank you all for your replys, has been a big help x x x

Applying a thin layer of oil onto the skin first really helps. I find that even problem areas such as knees and toes comes off perfect if oil has been applied to the area first.

Latest posts

Back