web sites??? yes or no???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaone

Reaction score
can i ask what do you think of having a web site to promote your business, is this good or not. i'd like to hear your views???

Well I'm still sure that websites are a great thing, even though mine's been up and running for 5 or 6 weeks now and I've only had one single booking through it. I pay VistaWeb a monthly fee and also pay Google a monthly fee for a small advert to pop up every now and then. I'm trying to be patient ..... good luck x:)

you can make your own site for around £17 with mr site. mr site also do a pro version which cost around £59 . both my sites for my other businesses are running on mr site and i love them.

I have total control. They are easy to set up, one took me around 4 hours in total to do. I dont have to wait for a web site designer to make any changes and mr site is so easy to use.

I think the main problem as a marketeer that i come across is that people think if they put a website up , then they dont need to promote it, that it will promote you instantly. You still have to work at and you'll have to promote your site.

I am new here so dont know if i am allowed to tell you my sites to give you an idea of what a mr site website looks like.

The best place to buy them though is amazon as they are cheap.

I think you need to be very clear about what you want your website to do? One of mine is used instead of a brochure and the other is an online shop.

If i can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

tigi

Yes yes yes hun well thats in my case as its brought in most of my clients.

I would definetly have a website.
I would say that 90% of my business has come from my website.
xx

I've had a few appointments booked online. However most of the clients who visited my site did so to find out my phone number. So I guess they must like talking to someone who can explain about the treatment in detail, cost, length of treatment time etc etc.
Having a web page can't do you any harm, and like mine, it generates business in a roundabout way.

Why not?
It will not only promote your business but can also lead to job offers x

so it would seam that its a good thing to have a site.... i just thought that you cant really sell anything on it so maybe thats why i'm a bit put off by the thought of it, but from all your comments i may think again.... thanks girls :)

so it would seam that its a good thing to have a site.... i just thought that you cant really sell anything on it so maybe thats why i'm a bit put off by the thought of it, but from all your comments i may think again.... thanks girls :)

You can sell yourself with a WWW look at it, like a huge A-board out there for all to see. 50% off any new business for me comes from people searching the net. I am there to be seen and found, so ok you may not be able to sell a product, but hang on you are in a way. Ok so it's not an online product ordering service but it is an online profile, portfolio and advertising to the world that you are there and open for business....
That makes our tills ring, people wanting our fab services.......

Get out there be seen and then be doing xxxx

A very successful businessman once said that half the money he spent on advertising was wasted - if only he knew which half!
I think that you have to have your name out there as much as absolutely possible, covering every type of media available to you. On average it takes 7 points of contact before a sale is transacted. What that means to us is that some people will see your number on a flyer and call straightaway, others will see your number and think "I must phone her", but not get round to it for ages. Having a website is one weapon in your advertising armoury, and i think it's an essential tool these days. I also think that there are lots of people who actually don't use the internet like we do (it's easy to think that because we're all net savvie everyone else must be too!) and will still use Yellow Pages, Thomson Local, village directories, so having an ad in those publications can be useful too.
My website has brought me quite a bit of business. I change it regularly, have a mailing list and will be looking to allow online booking in the near future. I have a webshop and have sold several bits and pieces through it, and I rotate the products I sell on it to keep it fresh.
I used Freewebs, bought my own domain name and then upgraded to their pro package which costs me 50 quid a year. I used one of their templates and tweaked it a little bit, but it's honestly pretty easy to do. I change the wording and the images from time to time to reflect new treatments and seasonality.
I think you'd be missing a trick to not have a website. If you need help with one I'm happy to help, and Ruth Mills is an invaluable resource too!

Couldnt live without one.

Its your second shop window. It introduces you to your client before they come into your salon. It also helps having to handle tons of calls requesting treatment prices, requests for price lists or asking what you offer. I always ask if my client can access the internet and all say they can, I give them my web address and ask them to look on their where they will find everything they need to know.

I closed my shop down 2 years ago, and in the process of opening another one and a website is the first source of advertising I will be paying for.

Kate

can i ask what do you think of having a web site to promote your business, is this good or not. i'd like to hear your views???

hi hun, i felt pretty much like yourself, will it bring clients, well ruth kindly did me a web page that did not break the bank, but looks fab and within two weeks of it beinf finished i have now booked three clients in from my web page. Which has paid for the site to be done, so yes hun go for it. Pm ruth i am sure if she has time she will help, she is brillxx

I think a website is a must.
Nowadays they can be done very cheaply but still look very professional, and as long as they are optimized correctly the search engines should find it in no time...and therefore so will potential clients!

I have had people come to me because I am the only one around with a website!

When I did the aero/guild promotion in the summer, half of my voucher clients chose me because of my website.

i would say half of my clients have come to me through it.

Do an experiment, go to a search engine, type in your most popular treatment and your area and see how many have websites, a lot of salons just have telephone numbers on the free sites - how unsatisfying is that when you are a prospective client?!

he he i just had a go, god ruth is good i come up first every time, bar one when i put jessica pedicure in. But if i put waxing chesterfield bobs your uncle and there i am at the top, same with intamate waxing. Cool i a well chuffed

Latest posts

Back