Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te1fer

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am looking into creating a wedsite and would like to know how much business it would create if any.

So pls let me know if having a website has created a lot more business for you or if you feel it is not worth the cost

also i would love to have a look at your website

Sam

i got my website free from freewebs, i have got quite a bit of interest from it as well, so i think its def. worth having one and there pretty easy to set up...xxx

I got a website from 123-reg.com and from freewebs, tbh the freewebs looks more professional.

I am looking for a different company to do a new one done for my training.

I created and update my website with MrSite. I bought the software on Ebay for about £18; the domain name was about £10 for 2 years.

MrSite host the website - the renewal was about £35 for this year.

I hope this helps.

But ... to answer your question (Doh!) yes, I have had more interest since I have put the website address everywhere (business cards; flyers; etc).

I have been looking into this and there seems to be more than meets the eye to creating a web page for people to google your business, something to do with web spiders, will depend on were you will be placed on google. But as an add from say yell.com for people to go and look at that is a good idea. Sorry guys u will have to forgive me, i am not very computer literate but my husbands friens is, he said 1 percent of business would be generated from the web, unless a web master does it who is high on google. x

I created and update my website with MrSite. I bought the software on Ebay for about £18; the domain name was about £10 for 2 years.

MrSite host the website - the renewal was about £35 for this year.

I hope this helps.

But ... to answer your question (Doh!) yes, I have had more interest since I have put the website address everywhere (business cards; flyers; etc).

Been on the Mr Site website, and it looks fab (so does your website) i have bought a pack thingy so just waiting for it to come. Its loads better than the one i was using.

THANKS x

Thank you Gemma for your very kind comments. I'm delighted with the outcome of my website - I found Mr Site really easy to navigate - great for updating the website.

Plus there is an option where I can send out email updates to all my clients who supply me with their email address; which I have found great for repeat business!

:)

My site was created by our very own Seanny.
It's a fab site if I do say so myself and I achieve very high search engine results. This is very important as this is how you will get found.
It generates me pleanty of business and has more than paid for itself.

HTH

Seanny did my site too although its a lot different from the original because I was doing nails at the time and now I only do spray tanning... I get at least 95% of my business from it, wouldnt be without it!! and it is search engine friendly and only costs me about 11 pounds for 2 years to host it with freeola :green: I am not a fan of the big long freewebs addresses, I dont think they look very professional, JMO

Hi Guys

i have been advised i will need to pay a monthly charge for having my website any1 else heard of this?

xxx

I suppose it depends who you are hosting it with? Freeola dont charge a monthly fee, just pay once every 2 years to keep the domain name and that is about 15 pounds? that's all I pay! :green:

yep seanny all the way !

highly recommend him - professional, creative, knowledgeable, friendly, (too cheap in my opinion for the amazing sites he produces !!) totally gorgeous irish accent ... opps off track sorry :smack: ... more importantly knows his stuff and how to make your site search engine friendly which is extremely important ! no point having an all singing / dancing site if it cant be seen until page 50 eh !!

all i'd suggest is that you have an idea / content / wording / pictures etc for your site, he can really work wonders and will make suggestions all the way but have something for him to work with ! :hug:

ps. a chat / pm / email with him costs you nothing !

kx

Hi, who is Seanny?,

How much does he charge? I would very much like a website created.

Can I have a look at your website?:eek:
:!:I hope I have written in the right place. Ive never done this before

yep seanny all the way !

highly recommend him - professional, creative, knowledgeable, friendly, (too cheap in my opinion for the amazing sites he produces !!) totally gorgeous irish accent ... opps off track sorry :smack: ... more importantly knows his stuff and how to make your site search engine friendly which is extremely important ! no point having an all singing / dancing site if it cant be seen until page 50 eh !!

all i'd suggest is that you have an idea / content / wording / pictures etc for your site, he can really work wonders and will make suggestions all the way but have something for him to work with ! :hug:

ps. a chat / pm / email with him costs you nothing !

kx

i got my website free from freewebs, i have got quite a bit of interest from it as well, so i think its def. worth having one and there pretty easy to set up...xxx

Hi suze I am familiar with freeweb but did you pay for your website because it looks really good and I know they have a system where you can pay for different level.

hi

seanny is his user name on here

Sean's email addy is [email protected] - i'll leave it to him to discuss prices etc with you

if you do a search on here also you'll see some guys who have had theirs done by him ... my web site is Nail Enhancements Manicures Tanning Whitely Hampshire (not sure if this will get distorted once saved - but it should still give you a link ... its also at the bottom of my posts)

kx

Hi, who is Seanny?,

How much does he charge? I would very much like a website created.

Can I have a look at your website?:eek:
:!:I hope I have written in the right place. Ive never done this before

Here's my website: V Nails | Mobile Freelance Nail Technician and it's a Freewebs obe (although I pay £9 per month to have my own web address and some other benefits). I like having control over the content and I think it looks pretty good! I think Freewebs are a great option for doing your own.

It's definintely worth having a website, mine brings me significant amounts of business......

Hi we offer websites for the beauty trade and other trades at a resonable cost prices starting form £** inc 1 years hosting and free web domain name.

Please feel free to visit our website at abprintsolutions.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine with freewebs it was easy to use and best of free:green::green:

Hi suze I am familiar with freeweb but did you pay for your website because it looks really good and I know they have a system where you can pay for different level.
Thanks Bebeautiful, no mine is all free, you can add as many pages as you like and upload your own images, if you want to upgrade you can, the only difference I can see is that you dont get an advertising banner across the top, but tbh I never really notice them..there on the top of this site and they dont bother me ...HTH ..xx

mine too is freewebs please have a look it does help i think, plus when you log in to freewebs you can see how many people have visited you that day and what they looked at which is good for keeping track.

Latest posts

Back