What application were you taught first

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, i did my original training with Star nails and they showed us pink and white application from the outset, but we also had to show how we would do a natural application too. The trainer told us that as most clients want this, it was better to learn this first.

I was taught pink and white application by the creative nail acadamy when i did my foundation course,havnt done any other courses with them yet:lol: .

I was taught to sculpt with L&P white and clear with a product called Brand Nails. My sister came over from Vancouver to teach me and brought all the products in her suitcase!!!!! It was 16 years ago mind you..... can you imagine getting caught with all that white powder in your suitcase??? ER honestly officer .... it's just to do my nails:eek:

I was taught to sculpt with L&P white and clear with a product called Brand Nails. My sister came over from Vancouver to teach me and brought all the products in her suitcase!!!!! It was 16 years ago mind you..... can you imagine getting caught with all that white powder in your suitcase??? ER honestly officer .... it's just to do my nails:eek:

Ye ye....and she hasn't changed a bit!!....worth the watching that one!

I was taught to sculpt on my first course costing £500 8 years ago...using Kiss products...in a pat and wipe method!!...after etching the nail of course with a 100 grit file...:eek:

Thank goodness for Creative...they showed me the error of my ways and taught me the skills of the Forever French and how to smile!!!...I mean really SMILE!!:)

I was taught pink and white from the start, and we also had to do some pink and white sculpts. This was Creative L&P foundation course in Denmark. I would never have been able to do forever french if i hadn´t been taught from the start. Better to start of with the hardest bit. :)

I was taught Pink & white L&P tips & sculpts at the same time!! :O)

Hi there

Tip & overlay - either pink or clear. Sculpture's -choice of the 2 colours again. We used to practice sculptures on a piece of paper.
Looking back it was a pretty lacklustre experience... Self taught until Creative course's a few years back.

XX J XX

I was taught natural tips and clear l&P first, Then went onto p&w.

Hi there. I am new to this site. I have recently graduated from nail school, but have not yet taken my state board tests for my license. I am able to work on a work permit. I'm a little confused about something--what is L&P?
And where do you get "Creative" training? In my classes, we learned fiberglass wraps, acrylics, and a little gel. We covered pink and whites, but didn't have much time to practice them.

I orignally only learnt single colour over tip, & taught myself to do P&W and sculpt

mani/pedi, odorless l&p, l&p, wraps (paper, silk, fibergass) then dips and gels

whew, say that 5 times fast!

**both l&ps are p&ws, no white tips.

I was taught L&P White tips with pink overlay and the P&W sculpts.

I was taught p+w from the outset on my Creative Foundation course - thankfully! It was really hard at the time, but I'm glad now......

Me too I am really struggling with p+w but I can see why it is done this way. I have to admit though that this didn't stop me wanting to kill my educator the first couple of days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back