What are you cooking for Sunday Lunch!????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a cook, when i get the chance.

I always cook sunday lunch, last week we had beef (topside).
This week i've had a complete change of cut and gone for rib of beef (on the bone) I've never cooked it before!!!??

It's delia's fault as she was at it this morning in her Winter Collection cooking sunday lunch.
So i'm doing the complete lot, yorkshires, roast parsnips, roast pots etc etc!

I'm even going to do a 'Gary Rhodes special Bread & Butter Pudding!'

What are you guys having for lunch tomorrow - is sunday lunch a dying tradition?

The rest of the week i'll be on a diet!:D

Bev Rose said:
I'm a bit of a cook, when i get the chance.

I always cook sunday lunch, last week we had beef (topside).
This week i've had a complete change of cut and gone for rib of beef (on the bone) I've never cooked it before!!!??

It's delia's fault as she was at it this morning in her Winter Collection cooking sunday lunch.
So i'm doing the complete lot, yorkshires, roast parsnips, roast pots etc etc!

I'm even going to do a 'Gary Rhodes special Bread & Butter Pudding!'

What are you guys having for lunch tomorrow - is sunday lunch a dying tradition?

The rest of the week i'll be on a diet!:D

Well er - we usually go to my mums:o

I usually do my roast on a saturday So we had roast chicken, roast and new potatoes, cauliflower cheese, roast parsnips, carrots oh and stuffing.
I love a roast dinner my fav being beef and yorkshire pudding Mmmmmmmm

mmmmmmm - cauliflower cheese....my plates are gonna be creaking with all the stuff on 'em!!!

Bev Rose said:
mmmmmmm - cauliflower cheese....my plates are gonna be creaking with all the stuff on 'em!!!

Yep pile it all on the more the better ;)

Here in Samos, Greece you cannot get parsnips or swede so my husband grows them in our garden!

Even though we love the Greek food we still try to keep our Sunday "British" by having some sort of roast. Tomorrow we will be having roast beef in my special oven - it has a special setting for roasts! Yummy!!

Yorkshire puddings in Greece - how fab!!

Eva

We are off to my mums tomorrow for dinner...cos its my dads birthday...i am dreading it...she ain't the best cook, veg all tinned and soggy...lumpy mash, gooey gravy and meat like rubber..eekkk. When i lived at home my bedroom window looked out onto the shed roof....i used to take my dinner to my room and put it in a carrier bag and lob it out my window onto the shed, then i would go to the chippy....lol...then one day my mum went into my room to clean and opened the curtains...she saw about 30 bags on the shed roof...she managed to hook one onto a broom and opened it....lol...she went mad at me and rang the doctors cos she thought i had a eating dissorder...lol...i said i do eat mum..just not what you cook. xxx

hopefully i shall be cooking nothing for sunday lunch, coz its about time someone looked after me.

i love cooking and every sunday (its the only day i do cook) i cook jamaicas traditional jerk chicken, rice and peas or curry goat rice n peas. served with salad and hot pepper sauce.....Mmmmmm. also do a great punch which has Guiness and nutriment drink in it and seansoned with nutmeg, i love it.

bling nails said:
i love cooking and every sunday (its the only day i do cook) i cook jamaicas traditional jerk chicken, rice and peas or curry goat rice n peas. served with salad and hot pepper sauce.....Mmmmmm. also do a great punch which has Guiness and nutriment drink in it and seansoned with nutmeg, i love it.

mmm, i love curry goat, but that punch sounds a bit dodgy !

bling nails said:

ohhh - I love Jamaica, wish I could go now!

no sunday roast in my house tomorrow.....dinner will be a big fry up

the reason for that is my brother is coming to visit, he stays in a nursing home and the food is not that great so i always make whatever he fancies for dinner when he comes to visit....when i spoke to him on the phone tonight he said that he really fancied a good fried breakfast for his dinner.....lol

i bought one of those large rodeo grills from ideal world last week and i can cook everyones food at the same time....no need to keep cleaning out frying pans before cooking something else....its large enough to cook a fried breakfast for 3 or 4 people at the one time.......i love that grill :Love:

stanleyann

Bev Rose said:

Lellipop said:
Yep pile it all on the more the better ;)
we will be having roast chicken tomorrow with CAULIFLOWER CHEESE:Love: My recipe for cheese sauce is just 2 items A block of cheese and a tub of double cream - a long time ago in my youth I used to be a silver service waitress in a top notch hotel and this is how the chef made his cheese sauce - we all used to argue who would scrape the pan out :D :lol: :D give it a go I would be suprised if you aren't converted:D

We have got a leg of lamb tomorrow with peas, carrots, green beans, sugar peas, broc, cabbage,roast parsnips,roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and some yourkshires as the kids love then.

For pudding we have choc fudge cake, cream and ice cream.

I do love my sunday roasts

Caz xxx

NailStyle said:
We are off to my mums tomorrow for dinner...cos its my dads birthday...i am dreading it...she ain't the best cook, veg all tinned and soggy...lumpy mash, gooey gravy and meat like rubber..eekkk. When i lived at home my bedroom window looked out onto the shed roof....i used to take my dinner to my room and put it in a carrier bag and lob it out my window onto the shed, then i would go to the chippy....lol...then one day my mum went into my room to clean and opened the curtains...she saw about 30 bags on the shed roof...she managed to hook one onto a broom and opened it....lol...she went mad at me and rang the doctors cos she thought i had a eating dissorder...lol...i said i do eat mum..just not what you cook. xxx
PMSL - it was like that sketch off the worst week of my life where howard put the lamb goulash into his pocket and then went upstairs and tried to flush it down the loo. The father in law caught him trying to fish it out with his hands and it looked like a big long poo! Dad in law goes off and then howard decides to throw it out of the bedroom window - it lands on the conservatory roof and slides down it :o all the dinner guests are in there and watch it slowly sliding down ............................:lol:

Sounds wonderful I will ahve to try this.

Caz xxx

Snugglepuss said:
we will be having roast chicken tomorrow with CAULIFLOWER CHEESE:Love: My recipe for cheese sauce is just 2 items A block of cheese and a tub of double cream - a long time ago in my youth I used to be a silver service waitress in a top notch hotel and this is how the chef made his cheese sauce - we all used to argue who would scrape the pan out :D :lol: :D give it a go I would be suprised if you aren't converted:D

caz3 said:
Sounds wonderful I will ahve to try this.

Caz xxx
I promise you - you will not be disappointed. My friend who is the best cook ever couldn't belive how good it tasted - she said at first what about all the cals? but when you think about it, you would be using butter milk cornflour and cheese anyway so it isn't too naughty:Love: and it is definitely nice:D

We had

FISH FINGERS

CHIPS

AND BEANS for dinner tonight

Followed by

M & S icecream - yummy!!

Ooops what a bad mum I am!!!

And a bad wife. Can't be bot'd cooking today (nor any other day of the week) but today we didn't make an effort!

I take it all back..mum did a lovey dinner..shepards pie and veg...it was really nice..and bread and butter pudding for after....if she cooked like that when i was at home we wouldnt have got through as many carrier bags....:)

We had roast beef and all the trimmings, and syrup pudding for dessert..yum!

Latest posts

Back