What are you getting for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I got a number of present for this year's Christmas. But the most that I got is Headband, Vest and towel. :) Happy Holidays everyone!

do you know what, we had a lovely christmas day and although I got some lovely things I think christmas is definatly becoming more and more competitive. Some of the things my friends bought for each other and the kids was outragous, a laptop computer for a 9 year old, a £250+ phone for a 10 year old ??? :eek::eek::eek:

I agree Lilly....years ago kids only got for birthdays and Christmas...these days they get all year round for no reason at all....so people feel they have to go overboard at Christmas...its madness. I refuse to get dragged into the whole thing and my kids get some lovely things at Christmas but i don't go over board. Some of my daughters mates seem to think its all a competition to see who got more and who got the most spent on them. Its a huge pressure for alot of parents but i am lucky cos my kids ain't greedy and have values beyond a price tag.

What bothers me is the amount of people who get into debt over christmas....its just not worth it.

Christmas is about so much more than how much money you have spent or how many presents you got.

I was so dreading Christmas this year after losing both my father in law nad grandfather this year. I know that hubby was plotting behind my back to make it special for me and oh my did he do well!!

I got.... A Merceded 300SL hard/soft top convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, a black diamond necklace to match my birthday presie he got me, tonnes of perfume, soap and glory gift sets, a white gold and diamond torque bangle, a DKNY scarf, Paul's Boutique handbag and charm, several bottles of Baileys! ( I don't drink btw! ), Beyonce album, Lady Gaga album and lots of little bits like boots, leather gloves etc

My kids worked hard all year at school and at home for thier Christmas presents as they know they have to earn things and understand that although Santa is a giving man, he is also a fair man who treats those who behave well. They got a selection of good presents but nothing OTT like some kids we know - they did get a DS each but even then they had to eat all of thier dinner and clear the table and stuff before they could open them! ( my I sound like Hitler!!!)

I felt quite sorry for my daughter, she loved all that she got, things like an alarm clock with a ipod docker, sequin art, bits and bobs but quite a few of her friends got all this Jack Wills designer clothing, I get the feeling talking to her that she would rather have a few quid to spend in primark better than a £150. gillet but she's under pressure to like all the fine things in life because of some of her mates, they ask, or demand, and they get they are only 14 :eek: I like bagpuss refuse to get drawn into it, and I try to encourage her not to as well, but the pressure is not good.

Just to add, I went to get her some bedding the other day to brighten her room, I bought her a £9 peice of wall art and a bos of sequins to bling it up, she sat for 2 days working on it and she thinks it the best thing she has ever made, says it all really !

I was so dreading Christmas this year after losing both my father in law nad grandfather this year. I know that hubby was plotting behind my back to make it special for me and oh my did he do well!!

I got.... A Merceded 300SL hard/soft top convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, a black diamond necklace to match my birthday presie he got me, tonnes of perfume, soap and glory gift sets, a white gold and diamond torque bangle, a DKNY scarf, Paul's Boutique handbag and charm, several bottles of Baileys! ( I don't drink btw! ), Beyonce album, Lady Gaga album and lots of little bits like boots, leather gloves etc

My kids worked hard all year at school and at home for thier Christmas presents as they know they have to earn things and understand that although Santa is a giving man, he is also a fair man who treats those who behave well. They got a selection of good presents but nothing OTT like some kids we know - they did get a DS each but even then they had to eat all of thier dinner and clear the table and stuff before they could open them! ( my I sound like Hitler!!!)

MERCEDES CONVERTABLE?LOL
most people are posting gloves, choccies, bedding A BLOODY CAR?
Well i wanna ride in it haha xxx

My children got much less this year as for one thing we don't have the spare money, and they have so much stuff already! My youngest son who's 4 has just about every toy going as when my eldest was young I bought him everything, and I always buy good toys and make sure they are looked after.....so this year Zach got hardly anything, I felt so guilty, but he was absolutely thrilled with what he got.....My daughter who's 9 asked for GHDs and an Ipod, all peer pressure....it's so hard when her friends get all this, and I do feel awful trying to talk her into the cheaper alternative luckily she is quite savvy and I've managed to persuade her that she can get something just as good just without the name.....but I still feel guilty!!
My eldest got the most....as he always manages to somehow! I needed to get him a laptop as he is at boarding school and has just been diagnosed with mild dyslexia, so it's quite important for his studies, even so I felt I had to buy him some other things that he had asked for aswell.
I am quite lucky that none of my children feel the need to have the 'designer' trainers etc. I always encourage them to have something because they like it and not just because of the name on the label.
Posted via Mobile Device

As I'm officially the hardest person to buy for, I said to everyone that I could do with some perfume, and ended up with 5 bottles!!!
Also got books, picture frames, clothes and lots of foodie presents. Sadly, yet again dozens of bottles of champers from clients and I don't have the heart to tell them that we don't drink!!

send it my way!!LOL

Nothing wrong with that just accept them and save em for ppols bdays and xmas' for pressies!! save a load of mney then

Latest posts

Back