What are your nail tech pet peeves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ficklbum

Reaction score
We all need a therapeutic vent session now and then, go! ;)

K I'll start, when clients show you their nail is lifting by pushing the tip down and making it lift even more..

When the cuticle looks dry and they haven't bought a solar oil in months yet they swear they been oiling their nails twice a day lol

When a nail 'just popped off' and half the nail plate has 'popped off' with it when you see it!

Someone said to me recently, when I signed up to do CND shellac course..
"Why are you paying to do that...you can just buy stuff on ebay for cheap. What can be hard about painting nails?"

When they don't relax their hands even though you've asked them countless times! Or they angle and move their hands/fingers as your polishing trying to help you with positioning. Sometimes I feel like im wrestling with some clients!

Mine is friends who say oh, can you just bring all your stuff home with you,and you can do my nails Saturday night/Sunday/on your day off. Ummm...how would you feel about doing your job out of working hours???

Yes as Luxebesuty says, stiff fingers are a nightmare, my hands actually hurt after one of my clients! And thumbs that are offered to me stuck up in the air like the "ok" gesture - what am I supposed to do with it from that angle exactly when I can't even SEE the nail!

Yes as Luxebesuty says, stiff fingers are a nightmare, my hands actually hurt after one of my clients! And thumbs that are offered to me stuck up in the air like the "ok" gesture - what am I supposed to do with it from that angle exactly when I can't even SEE the nail!
My mum does the thumbs!!! Lol

When they turn up 15mins+ late and don't even apologise and get you waaaay behind!

I had a client turn up 1 hour 30 mins late to get extensions removed on Friday that were applied by another nail tech! Then I to cancel my plans go the cinema because it took so long taking them off! She also kept pulling her hand away from me and tried biting some off because 'it was taking too long and it's getting late' er..it wouldn't have been too late if you came on time!!!

Oh don't you love it when they rip them off with their teeth in front of you !!!

Thought of another pet hate ... When you've prepped and primed and they rub their thumb all over the nails

When they rock up to the salon in a huff that their nails are lifting after 8 weeks.... then try to convince you they normally get 12 weeks from their regular technician ..... then try to book in for a rebalance .... eh rebalance what? you've 3 nails left ha ha

When you've prepped their nails and all they do is touch everything and rub their fingers through their hair ect...[emoji57]

When clients announce half way through a treatment that they once did a one day nail course (or that their second cousin twice removed is a nail tech) and so instantly they're a nail expert. AND..... clients who can't sit still...... hand waving, leg jiggling.... fidgets!! ;)

When they sit using their phone and you want the hand that the phone is in [emoji19]

Ive got a client that works on her I pad whilst im doing her Gelish,she looses track of what hand has to go under the lamp ,doesnt keep up with the rythum and says which hand ?? have we done this one ?..... If you put yur blimmin I pad down and concerntrated on what were supposed to be doing youd know !!!!..She also does this whilst soaking them off ...I hope one day the acetone seeps through the foil and burns a hole through her blimmin I pad,....its damn ruid too I think :/

Last edited:
When u paint a nail perfectly and then they bang it off the edge of the lamp on the way into the lamp ....I feel like walking out lol
Or
When they take their hand out of the lamp and rub it all over them self get sticky layer covered in fluff...and u were going to put glitter on so then have to paint the nail again...
Eating while at my desk!
Nail art requests which make u run badly late.

I could go on lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients who bring their whole family into salon to sit and watch u do one of their nails.....

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients that bring in their children and let them touch EVERYTHING, move stuff around and knock things over! I just want to scream "DONT TOUCH MY STUFF!!!"

Latest posts

Back