What are your nail tech pet peeves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND clients that chomp on chewing gum with their mouth open really loudly whist talking to you! BIN IT, so gross!

Omg.. All of this and more.. Smh...

I hate when clients try and barter. I had a client try to knock off £5 off her Gelish mani just because that the price she paid at another salon. You feel like saying 'go back there then!'.

When they inspect each nail after you've finished filing it, then blended the tip, then applying the acrylic! Then painting it! After. Each. Nail. [emoji35]

When they inspect each nail after you've finished filing it, then blended the tip, then applying the acrylic! Then painting it! After. Each. Nail. [emoji35]

I had a client like this ,done my head in!!! ..you feel like throwing the file etc at them and saying.... here are you can do a better job do it yourself !!! Thank fully shes gone now ...she decided to give her nails a break !!!...I didnt argue with her that she didnt need too I just said pheww thank god shes gone :)))!!!

When a client has nasty bad breath!

When a client keeps changing their mind on nail art DURING service

When a client wants something and then complains about the price

I have lots of clients that ummm and ahhh and check Pinterest 'one last time' as i'm about to apply the first colour coat!!

I have lots of clients that ummm and ahhh and check Pinterest 'one last time' as i'm about to apply the first colour coat!!
Oooh this would rip my knitting lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

When a client has nasty bad breath!

When a client keeps changing their mind on nail art DURING service

When a client wants something and then complains about the price
Yeh the bad breath one...wowww...I have to switch my nose off sometimes ...eek

When a clients hands stink lol I think to myself omg I gotta drown these in sanitizer without her realising

I had a client like this ,done my head in!!! ..you feel like throwing the file etc at them and saying.... here are you can do a better job do it yourself !!! Thank fully shes gone now ...she decided to give her nails a break !!!...I didnt argue with her that she didnt need too I just said pheww thank god shes gone :)))!!!
Haha or stab them in the back of the hand with the cuticle nippers! [emoji23]

The bad breath thing is awful but it's the customers that chew gum the whole way through their appointment that get me, I can feel my eyes floating back to their munching mouths [emoji35][emoji23]

I also hate it when clients have a fag straight before their appointment and their hands stink of cigarettes. I also used to have a lady that caked on her foundation and obviously didnt wash her hands after. When i did her cuticles i was always scraping foundation off her nails and it would be all stick around the cuticle.

People who don't realise that if they jiggy their foot while I'm painting, they also jiggy their hands grrrr

I nearly ground my teeth down to my gums Friday night. Client has booked mani and pedi at her house. Picture the scene ...

I arrive and she has a friend there. She continues to cook him stir fry while I patiently wait. Just get started on feet (dirty of course) when husband and kids turn up with fish and chips. Client has old glitter polish on that is welded to her toes. She sits eating chips and drinking tea. It's now bedtime and she goes upstairs while I switch setup to mani. She's up there for fifteen minutes singing lullabies while I slowly go insane. Eventually I start mani and her hands are so dirty and sticky that my stomach is turning. Cleanse the nails ready for painting and she disappears to get a cardi. Cleanse the nails again. Husband starts shouting through wondering why it's taking so long (!!!). Start painting nails and one of the kids turns up and sits on her knee to finish off the chips. (Nice and loud with mouth wide open). THREE HOURS LATER I get out of there. Ooh she says if I want my nails done next Friday are you free? The idiot that I am I say yes! Arghhh!!

..... and breathe .....

I nearly ground my teeth down to my gums Friday night. Client has booked mani and pedi at her house. Picture the scene ...

I arrive and she has a friend there. She continues to cook him stir fry while I patiently wait. Just get started on feet (dirty of course) when husband and kids turn up with fish and chips. Client has old glitter polish on that is welded to her toes. She sits eating chips and drinking tea. It's now bedtime and she goes upstairs while I switch setup to mani. She's up there for fifteen minutes singing lullabies while I slowly go insane. Eventually I start mani and her hands are so dirty and sticky that my stomach is turning. Cleanse the nails ready for painting and she disappears to get a cardi. Cleanse the nails again. Husband starts shouting through wondering why it's taking so long (!!!). Start painting nails and one of the kids turns up and sits on her knee to finish off the chips. (Nice and loud with mouth wide open). THREE HOURS LATER I get out of there. Ooh she says if I want my nails done next Friday are you free? The idiot that I am I say yes! Arghhh!!

..... and breathe .....
Holy moly I think u did well to have kept ur calm lolx

People who turn around to talk to the rest of salon and whilst talking constantly move hands!

And the one we all know and love...and has probably already been said....people who don't give u their hands and so u end up near sitting on the table to paint their nails!

I hate when they brush all the dust from filing on their hands towards you and then they start playing with their hair or touch their face so it ends up on them anyway [emoji23][emoji85]

The clients that question your pricing. "Oh so you're mobile but you charge the same as a salon"
I shut them down straight away. "Yes. Just because im mobile, doesnt mean im inexperienced. Yes , they have overheads of the salon and i dont but my overhead is my car. Petrol, insurance, travel etc
Meanwhile in my head im thinking shut the f*ck up

I hate it when they act like because you work from home you should do marvelous work for dirt cheap, and that you have nothing better to do besides their nails so they show up late and take their sweet time picking out what they want to do or ask for the most extravagant nail art and wonder why it's taking so long. I hate when they question pricing too and oh man I have one client that no matter how much I tug on her hand to try and get her to bring it closer to me she always brings it back. I also had a client that would micro inspect everything I did and change her mind after its cured and then be pissed when I charger her only a dollar per nail when I remove the ones she changes her mind on

Every single one of these! And more, and it hasnt changed for 24years in the buisiness! Peeve at mo.....am mobile now (plus have a self employed contract in an embassy one day a week)so assumed that im available to answer calls any day or time because of being mobile and no landline, if i get called on a sunday and dont answer phone which i refuse to do as its my day, get reported to head of department i contract from!

Latest posts

Back