What are your nail tech pet peeves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this thread! Agree with all that has been said so far. Some client really p1ss me off. I had a 1.5 hour appointment this evening, client did a no show and did not respond to my messages ..... arghhhhh

Whoa Flic I could have just written that post myself, I literally just logged on here to have a mini whinge about the exact same thing happening (am sat here like a lemon knowing full well they're not going to show, but all ready to rock 'just in case' :p ). If only they'd just have the courtesy to text and let you know either way eh? Instead of just ignoring your reminders! Grrr! x

Clients that call my phone outside of work hours. Yes I have a home set up but You wouldn't call a salon at 10pm if they close at 8pm and expect an answer would you. X

80's girl, you have to be kidding! You CANNOT book her next Friday as well!! Lol :). I so laughed esp at the 'nice & loud, mouth wide open' bit ... I visualised the entire scenario, hilarious !! (Sorry)

Whoa Flic I could have just written that post myself, I literally just logged on here to have a mini whinge about the exact same thing happening (am sat here like a lemon knowing full well they're not going to show, but all ready to rock 'just in case' :p ). If only they'd just have the courtesy to text and let you know either way eh? Instead of just ignoring your reminders! Grrr! x

Haha, yes that was me - sitting waiting - Just Incase she never seen my messages and showed up anyway! And I was hoping that was the case as it was a gel nail appointment so the money would have been nice - lol!! Ah well, these things happen.

Hate it when you're trying to get as close a possible as can and they move, cough, laugh or sneeze and you paint the cuticle, makes you look sloppy when it's really their fault!

When they dig into their bag or turn their hand and lean on the towel or touch their clothing and you get tonnes of tiny hairs all over the nails! [emoji35]

and of course, the rigid fingers that are miles away from you, while you are sat on the very edge of your seat stretching over to just about manage to reach them.

Love this thread! Agree with all that has been said so far. Some client really p1ss me off. I had a 1.5 hour appointment this evening, client did a no show and did not respond to my messages ..... arghhhhh

This used to really annoy me but I don't allow no shows anymore if it's gets 15 minutes past their appointment time and I've not heard from them or they've not responded to me I I just pack everything away lol nobody has turned up after that time so far but if they did it would be touch luck and would have to book a new appointment - if that is also a no show they don't get booked in again Now haven't had any no shows for at least 6 months xx

Ooo this is a good thread. One of the girls in my salon is renown for her beautiful nails. You could see her face going red with anger after a client took the file off her and started doing her own nails. She had done a day course and thought she knew it all [emoji37].

Ooo this is a good thread. One of the girls in my salon is renown for her beautiful nails. You could see her face going red with anger after a client took the file off her and started doing her own nails. She had done a day course and thought she knew it all [emoji37].

I had a client like this once [emoji35] made my blood boil!

When a client says "my nails were fine last week then they started lifting".... And it's been over 4 weeks since their last refill!

I've actually received a call off a lady at 4am in the morning, Dopey me picking up the phone thinking it could be a family members emergency to actually getting 'Hello there love I'm wondering if you can fit me in to have my nails done tomorrow' obviously I booked the lady in seen as though as I answered the call whilst actually thinking 'WHAT?! Do you not sleep!'

I had a client text me about 5 times this week about her appointment and she still pulled a no show. And does anyone else find it annoying when clients buy you stickers? Like um stickers look tacky as fuh. Or if they go buy their own polish without telling you and expect to pay like 5 dollars because they bought the product, but don't want to leave it with you. Like um no.

When clients sample colors from my racks and do not retighten the lid properly. I've lost many new polishes this way.

When clients sample colors from my racks and do not retighten the lid properly. I've lost many new polishes this way.
Sparrow could you have sample tips with your colours on ? ;)

What drives me mad is clients bringing their own polish and its gloopy/old/bits in it.

How do they think I can get a pro finish with that?

Well I've had yet ANOTHER no show from one of my clients without being told she couldn't make it! It really does annoy me! Grrrr...
What bugs you the most about some of your clients...

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate no shows but my pet peeve is once I have dehydrated the nail bed and then they go and scratch their head or go in their bag [emoji36]

I hate no shows but my pet peeve is once I have dehydrated the nail bed and then they go and scratch their head or go in their bag [emoji36]
Agree, that is also very annoying. My clients tend to run their fingers over the prepped nail! So annoying haha

Wow. You summed it up in one for me there! Literally the bane of my life!

I have one client who does everything that I hate in a client... Touches her prepped nails (even after me asking her not to), strokes her dogs mid-service (ew), constantly moves her hands around especially whilst I'm working near the cuticle, and likes to tell me how to do my job. Argh!!!

Agree, that is also very annoying. My clients tend to run their fingers over the prepped nail! So annoying haha
....GOD YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back