What are your nail tech pet peeves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I work from home and it does happen unfortunately. [emoji35]
I don't take deposits but I do always get a phone number from them.
I wait 15 mins then I ring.
Sometimes they have genuinely forgotten or have a valid reason .
The ones I hate are when they don't reply to any message you leave - so rude!!!
I take anyone like this off my mailing list and file them under 'withdrawn' so they can't book again.
I always write the event down on their card in case they raise their head again years later!!

Last edited:
I send out reminder texts the day before and it doesn't happen hardly ever with my regulars now I remind them.
I feel for you though x

Yes I send out texts to my 'forgetful' clients the day before too! [emoji3]

Mind you sometimes they still get the time wrong - one came 2.30 today instead of 2 what more can we do lol

How about a day early? I was in my scruffy cleaning togs!! Lol!

Yeah I send reminder messages out the day before - didn't get a reply to this one either so should've known then really!
Not much to send a quick message - I'll see if the replies tomorrow with an excuse

Well, don't take it personally, it has happened to all of us.
It's her loss really for not getting a lovely lovely treatment from yourself [emoji140]

We all need a therapeutic vent session now and then, go! ;)

OH MAN! Good day to rant LOL
Three pet peeves of the day, my first client was a half hour late and didn't apologize. Second, my last client was on her phone the entire appointment and sighing every time I needed her hand that she was using to play with her phone. Lastly, the same woman who couldn't keep her hands off her phone kept using her gel painted nails (which wasn't finished yet) to run her fingers through her hair and dusted the lint off her pants which clung to her nails....

Hahaha this post is hilarious! :)

I have a client that thinks I should worship the ground she walks on ans that I should put her nail appointments on high priority above others. Like who do you think you are?! I don't like working saturdays. It's the only solid day I can have with both my husband and kids. But I do her nails every other saturday because that's the only day that works for her. So I recently dropped saturdays and let her know that we would need to move her appointments to another day. She proceeds to send me a lengthy message about how complex her schedule is and I get it she has 5 boys that go to 3 different schools because one is special needs. But then she asks if I can do her nails after hours. Like no I still have a family and a life I would like to see them some time during the day. So I told her that would not work. Then she asks me basically the same question but with this at the beginning "it really isn't fair that you moved my appointment without talking to me first". I personally feel like it isn't fair that I work overtime just to do your nails with my cheapest option and you don't tip me or even show any appreciation. After I told her i still was not willing to work later than my current schedule she said she could come but she would have to come in the mornings (I don't work mornings, no one to babysit my 2 year old and 4 month old) and she will bring "electronic babysitters" to watch her kids. Like ya ok I will leave my 2 year old and 4 month old with your 5 boys under nine while they play video games? Like they're going to quietly behave for the entire hour and a half it'll take me to do your set and absolutely nothing will happen to my kids. She knows why I don't do mornings ans that no one will be home. One of her kids is autistic and the other 4 all have sensory processing disorder, all diagnosed by her because her psych won't diagnose them. Or her autistic child. She says that he doesn't test on the spectrum but she thinks the psychologist doesn't want to do the work. But aside from that when I tell her I am not comfortable leaving kids upstairs unsupervised. She then asks me if it would be easier if I came to her house??? Like ya. It would be so easy to pack up my lamp, dehydrator, acetone, wipes, primer, all 49 of my gel col
.... So you don't like working a Saturday, don't work "after hours" & can't work a morning!? Sorry I've got to be honest..... I'd be a slightly disgruntled client!

When you find out that clients rip off the gel polish with teeth (bad nail biter) and after giving several warnings to the client as it will cause damage on the nail plate.

Love this post! One of mine is family members or friends....can you please please please do my nails tomorrow? Me: ummm ok I guess I can squeeze you in at 5:30......then the next day I get a text "Hi, I'll be round about 7 this eve, so excited, can't wait" the first few times I did it, then the last time I said well you'll have to wait because come 7 I'll be chilling with the TV, it's 5:30 or nothing! Lol

I wish I had the balls to! Haha I suck at standing up for myself sometimes (lol unless I get mad, in that case I usually have no problem). I hate telling people to pay me more!

What about the clients that text 2/3 weeks after they've had their nails done saying something along the lines of "oh I've been meaning to text you, I lost 3 nails a few days after you did them and now they're all coming off"......really??!!!

When they don't relax their hands even though you've asked them countless times! Or they angle and move their hands/fingers as your polishing trying to help you with positioning. Sometimes I feel like im wrestling with some clients!
I know especially their thumb its like I have to break their thumb so they can relax it instead of them holding it up in the air n I'm trying to paint it lol

Oh don't you love it when they rip them off with their teeth in front of you !!!

Thought of another pet hate ... When you've prepped and primed and they rub their thumb all over the nails
Or after prep dig in their purse to find gum ect. Like really

When you have put on a layer of shellac and it's still tacky and the client insists on putting their hand in their bag/pocket and comes out with fluff stuck to their nails

Got one today that keeps popping up. Client Just finished having her nails done and says "I normally go have my nails done with another girl but …………". I find that insulting. Like I don't care if you are cheating on your nail tech. [emoji51]

When they come to their appointment ill! I'd much rather they cancelled than pass bugs and colds onto me then I lose out in numerous days of work because of it!

When they come to their appointment ill! I'd much rather they cancelled than pass bugs and colds onto me then I lose out in numerous days of work because of it!
I rarely get ill so would actually be peeved if they woke up with a cold and cancelled on me, I had a client yesterday who called to tell me she was ill and was it an issue her still coming so I said no...

I guess it depends who the tech is and our immune systems, it is polite to ask I guess, I personally wouldn't think anything of it though and wouldn't cancel my own appointments unless I was bed bound...

Latest posts

Back