What are your thoughts on PhD waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkler

Reaction score
i have just ordered a PhD waxing kit, it seemed the best system for me as im a mobile therapist. hope ive done the right thing. have you any advise salon geeks?

Hi,

I only use the PhD system and I love it. I am home based aswell as mobile and find it quick to heat, hygenic and less messy than pot'n'spat. I cannot imagine using another product. I also did the advanced PhD Brazilian training with Ellisons which is VERY good.

Good luck

I found it rather gloopy...did not glide on at all...if you want a tube wax system,then check out Australian Bodycare...i never looked back:)

I trained on the phd system but have changed to pot and spatula and would never go back to phd.
As the tubes are constantly being taken out of the heating chamber, the wax doesn't stay at a constant temperature.
The applicator heads can get clogged and it actually works out more expensive as you are using more strips and more wax.
Some people love the system so see how you get on with it but for me personally, i wouldn't change!

Hi. I'm mobile and use clean n easy roller wax for larger areas and pot for hot waxing more delicate areas. I tried tubes but had same used over temperature. Rollers are great, clean and hygenic too.

HI -

I just didn't get on with the PHD system at all. I have one of the original heaters, and the newer ones are better so I believe. With me I always found the first application was fine, although the tubes were so hot they were difficult to handle even with a paper or fibre strip.

Once the tube had been placed back in the heating chamber the wax never came out at the same consistency. For me personally - I felt the whole system to be over- hyped. My friend , totally disagrees with me and she loves it. and would'nt use anything else.
One of its key benefits is the hygiene aspect , but I have to say that I have gone back to my trusty pot and spatula.

You have obviously based your decision on your own research and may be you've already worked with it. I'm sure you'll be fine. there's alot of people on the site who love it.

Regards

Meriden x

I must admit I've always preferred the pot & spatula method (Perron Rigot wax), but then I'm salon based. One of my mobile friends uses the PHD system & loves it though. I think with waxing a lot of it comes down to finding one that suits you personally, although some waxes do seem to be better than others at removing the hairs, especially shorter ones.

i have just ordered a PhD waxing kit, it seemed the best system for me as im a mobile therapist. hope ive done the right thing. have you any advise salon geeks?

After reading some of these posts...ask first then order later :lol:

My daughter trained with this product....she said it was okay but she had nothing to compare it to.

If you do a search using the search button at the top of the page...you might find some more info about it.....

Good luck....you will probably be fine with it I'm sure xxxxxxxx

thanks for all your advise geeks!
im due to do the training next week with ellisons, just to improve my tecnique. im also looking into training in hot wax for male and female intimate waxing (ouch) with kim.
this is what i love about this job, i never get boared, there is always more to learn!
i know this is an old thread just wanted to say thanks for advise and give update.
gemma x

It's always good to learn different techniques, so you could master the PHD system, then try a pot and spat. Good luck. xxx

Latest posts

Back