What are your top secret beauty tips!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot...

max factor more lashes - the best mascara I have ever tried!

3 things I will NOT leave the house with ...

Max Factor waterproof mascara
Lipfinity lipstick (cos it really DOES last AGES !!)
L'Oreal bronzer for my face cos I hate looking pale!

I've learnt the hard way...why is it, even when you try and sneak to the 24hr Tesco at some ungodly hour, if you haven't got your face on, you're GUARANTEED to see someone you know :rolleyes:

FIRST! my epilator to remove ALL body hair...!
THEN! st tropez shimmer body mist, all over!
FOLLOWED BY! palmers cocoa butter, everywhere!
NEXT! you rebel tinted moisturiser (benefit), makes you all glowy and dewy
AND FINALLY! eyebrow makeup (benefit) AND maybelline mascara, to define my peepers!

But my best tip... I make my own body scrub from time to time with olive oil and salt - brillo!!!! and dead cheap!!! Leaves your skin really soft after a shower... mm-mmmm!

I love this thread, a couple of years ago I did Cycle Cuba for NDSC so cycling in heat made you really decide what make up was important,

1. A good moisturiser with SF15
2. Mascara
3. Toothpaste

(I did have a small suitcase full of make up and stuff, when I got stopped at Customs in Havana, they had great fun looking through my case - when you realise that they average GP gets $50 per month, it did make my makeup case look over the top)

Cathy

1. Clarins ... I love it - all of it lol
2. lancome white base mascara followed by black mascara (p holes in the snow with none!)
3. Miss Dior perfume - mum always wore it and it reminds me of her and I love the smell :)
4. Solar butter - I love it
Dont suppose this ones a beauty thing but i have to have my big knicker tena lady things incase i laugh or cough or sneeze! lolol ooooh embarresing or what! :)

LMAO .....oh jo that was funny !!!

*Jo* said:
Dont suppose this ones a beauty thing but i have to have my big knicker tena lady things incase i laugh or cough or sneeze! lolol ooooh embarresing or what! :)

PMSL!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol!!!!!!!!!

mine would have to be,
1. mac eyeshadow and mascara
2. shock waves moussing wax (cos my curls will be sooooo frizzy its not funny!)
3. all the sheer blonde hair stuff! i cudnt pick just 1!
oh and sorry i have more than 3 too!
4. dandelion by benefit. its a gorgeous pink powder that makes your skin look shimmery and glowy!
oops i have another!
5. high beam by benefit.

id better stop there! :D x

I know I might go over 3...I will try to play nicely with the group.

1) I have just got to have Secret deordorant-The regular kinds NOT the platinum line...it's the only deodorant I buy.

2) I love taking candlelit homemade milk bubble baths...with dry milk

3) I am an Avon-holic, lipstick, eyeshadow, makeup, mascara, fade cream, Clearly C by Anew, and I got to have either Treselle perfume or the cucumber melon body spray...or any other smell good I can get my hands on in the catalogue.

4) I refuse to buy any other toothpaste but Colgate Total or Colgate Max Fresh w/ Mini Breath Strips...you talking bout fresh??? Ohh wee!! :D

5) Plenty...and I do mean PLENTY of water...best thing in the world for ya!

...and that my fellow geeks is why Ms. Matrix is sooooo beautiful!! (LOL)

1. I HAVE to have my ghds.... enough said.
2. Lip gloss or balm... not only for my lips, but try it when your out and your hair gets frizzy (just a TINY bit rubbed over your fingers and then smoothed over your hair) - brilliant. Needless to say I found this out by accident!!
3. Mascara to make me look awake and h&m eyebrow fix.
4. palmers cocoa butter.

1. My false tan is a must. I naturally have my colouring from my dad's side (Italian and Scottish ancestry) so look much better with a tan, and it's so much easier now we have the Solglo kit :D
2. Morrisons's concealer. Their version of Touche Eclat, is actually fab - blends really well, v natural but covers anything. Unfortunately no Morrisons now I've moved back south, so I'm trying to get as much out of my last one as possible!
3. Eyelash dye. I hate the threat of panda eyes, so this is so much easier.
4. Shimmery eye pencils. Have loads from the Mary-Kate and Ashley range, fab colours, creamy texture, so much easier than eye shadow!
5. John Freida Radiant Red range. Only just started using it this week (have used all three - Brilliant Brunette, Sheer Blonde and Radiant Red, depending on my colour) and leaves my hair lovely and shiny.
I'm a bit of a cheapskate at heart really, most of my cosmetics are Collection 2000! :D My only indulgence is Aquolina shower gels and bubble bath from Sainsburies. The chocolate mint shower gel smells yummy and wakes me up, and the chocolate bubble bath smells delish!

MINKUS said:
Whats PMSL?
I think it's P*ss Myself Lauging - but i could of got that entirely wrong???:biggrin:

pmsl ah got it .....now i know why *jo* was talking about her tena lady stash she needed!!!!!!!

I am off to the shops to get my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream ( seems to be the top tip!!!!)
Thanks girlies & chaps for joining in the fun!

HIYA,

HAVE TO SAY THE ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 HOUR CREAM IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, CAN BE USED FOR SO MANY THINGS! I GET QUITE BAD CHAPPED LIPS AND THIS SORTS IT OUT SO QUICKLY I SOON HAVE LOVELY SMOOTH LIPS AGAIN!!

ALYSHA :biggrin:

...and that my fellow geeks is why Ms. Matrix is sooooo beautiful!! (LOL) [/QUOTE]
what are like :biggrin: your so funny.....lol

1) Clinique anti gravity firming eye lift cream (though looking in the mirror today, I think its stopped working)

2) Lancome Poudre Majeur for my oily t. zone

3) ....Well number 3 Im hoping you Geeks can help me out with!

I share Jo's 'P. holes in the snow' eyes without mascara but, am struggling to find one that doesnt leave me with 'Panda eyes' after a few hours... especially when Ive been looking down doing nails!
Someone told me to buy No7's clear Lash & Brow definer.. have to say for me, its pants!
Any advice appreciated.. send a Pm if you prefer, Ta x.

With regards to mascara - I have tried for many years to find one that does not have me rubbing my eyes every minute. I even decided I could never wear mascara ever again and had my eye lashes tinted and then used clear stuff.

I have finally found Revlon Colourstay - stays on for 3 days without clumps or flakes and no panda eyes and it does exactly what is says on the tin LOL.

joannerowsell said:
...and that my fellow geeks is why Ms. Matrix is sooooo beautiful!! (LOL)
what are like :biggrin: your so funny.....lol[/QUOTE]
Well...if I don't toot my own horn who will???? (LOL)

i love your little smilie men

Latest posts

Back