Gabrielle's top 20 desert island products!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hi people!
Here are my top 20 desert island products that i could not live without....yes im that someone who rummages around peoples bathrooms to see what they have and then throw out something bad and replace it with something else!
Compare and tell me whats yours??
Here they are:

1.Elemis lime blossom cleanser
2.Elemis lavender toner
3.Elemis pro collagen marine cream....THE BEST!
4.Decleor aromessence oil neroli...an elixir to hydrate!
5.Decleor baume de nuit...perfect for stressed skin!
6.Decleor radiance renewal peel of mask...best for brides...
7.Elemis cellutox concentrate...great for cellulite!
8.Karin Herzog sillouhete cream....another cellulite buster but gives results qiuckly!
9.Decleor eye and lip mask...great dor tired eyes and will not cause puffyness...hurrah!!
10.Australian bodycare tea tree oil...will sort any angry skin.First aid all round!
11.SBC aloe vera gel....will sort out dare i say sun burnt skin....also good for sensitised skin.
12.SBC leg soothing gel....my husband swears by this as hes a sports therapist!
13.Elemis skin nourishing milk bath...perfect for itchy irritated skin babies skin etc
14 ID bare escentuals foundation and brush...would not use any other make up!
15.Lancome mascare....gives you lashes like you would not believe!
16.Academie lip plumper...at alst a lip product that DOES the job!
17.AcademieApricot mask...smells divine and is a real quick fix!
18.Academie creme veloutee hydraderm cream....the textures amazing and makes skin supple again!
19.Gatineau floracil eye make up remover...removes even stubborn proof mascara!
20.Nimue spf 20 cream...an spf is crucial and this one glides on like a dream and doesnt feel gloopy!

And my top 3 nail products are:
OPI nail envy....at last a nail strengthener that gives nails flexibility without breaking!
Solar cuticle oil by creative...smells like marzipan and sinks in to the cuticle!
A good old fashioned nail file....any brand providing its a salon brand of course!

Well.....the list could go on...but tell me whats yours???
Im willing to learn about anything new!!:) :green:

Not a product as such but the one thing i definately can't live without are my tweezers!!! The thought of my brows going bushy scares the hec outta me! Bit of a brow fanatic, it is one of my fav treatments to do, strange i know i'm just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of thing x

had a thread like this before and went to a place this year that i couldn't have all i want3d so the only things i need are

1 ear plugs
2 tea

if i get a sound night sleep and i have a fab cuppa in the moning i am very happy :)

i don't think i could name 20 but the main ones are:

1 - Matis Oil Control Gel Cream
2 - Matis Perfect Fluid Foundation
3 - Black Mascara, not fussed about the brand
4 - Fragrence, i'm loving D&G Light Blue at the moment
5 - Toothpaste/Listerine, i like to feel clean!!

Hemaroid cream,
cool blue (to use after the hemaroid cream! ...well i wouldn't have any knives and forks would i silly !!! )
erm..... pot noodles ,
endless L&P (including coloured powders)
a nail trainer (to do the l&p on obviously)
ciggies and a ashtray (don't want to flick them on the floor its bad for the environment and wouldn't want to cause a fire on a desert island :eek: )

hang on a mo ...is it desert as in hot and sandy with camels !
or desert as in ....all on my own I'm the middle of the sea with only palm trees and bananas to keep me company ?

mmm cant name that many but
1. face and body protector factor 25 ( All that sun = Wrinkled up prune + dangerous rays )
2. Lancome mascara
3. Lip Gloss Lancome jucy tubes
4. Deoderant
5. Clinique sparkle skin exfoliating cream ( buffs & leaves you incredibly smooth)
6. All about eyes eyecream (clinique)
7. oil free moisturiser
8. shampoo Frizz ease
9. leave in conditioner frizz ease
10. Razor (cant stand to be hairy
11. Toothbrush
12. toothpaste
Think thats it beauty wise. Got loads more in bathroom but these are my necessitys. Obviously i would also need an unlimited supply of wine but that goes without saying.

1. Razor
2. Vaseline
3. Moisturising cream (don't care by who really, so long as it leaves me soft and not dry - Hempz Anti Ageing is brill right now)
4. A hair bobble
5. My Toothbrush
6. Some efxoliating scrub and a flannel

Who cares about the rest when you're on a Desert Island?

Hemaroid cream,
cool blue (to use after the hemaroid cream! ...well i wouldn't have any knives and forks would i silly !!! )
erm..... pot noodles ,
endless L&P (including coloured powders)
a nail trainer (to do the l&p on obviously)
ciggies and a ashtray (don't want to flick them on the floor its bad for the environment and wouldn't want to cause a fire on a desert island :eek: )

hang on a mo ...is it desert as in hot and sandy with camels !
or desert as in ....all on my own I'm the middle of the sea with only palm trees and bananas to keep me company ?
LMAO Emmsy.xx
I will try to keep it in a small bag, lol.
1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.
2. Hair serum
3. Guinot Uni bronzant, a fabulous tinted sunblock for the face.
4. Toothbrush and a tube of Colgate Total Care.
5. Jeremy Irons with a large bottle of SPF 40 and a small towel (for him!)

Dont forget the men too....
My husband desert island products is his shaving gel and moisturising balm from Academie...plus his beer!LOL

Yes....a man that uses proper mens grooming....what made me laugh is that when he used it after the very first time he commented that it really calmed his racorburn and did the trick...I just smiled sweetly thinking "yes i told you it would..!":rolleyes: Men!

I had loads more products that i could put on my list...i just hope i never get stopped on my luggage when i go on holiday next to France....i never take lots of clothes ...just my skincare make up and nail and hair care...it propably would weigh more than my clothes suitcase anyway:eek:

my 15 must have beauty ( and hair ) products

1. Decleor eye make- up remover- Removes without panda eyes!
2. Elemis rosepetal cleanser
3. Elemis giseng toner
4. Elemis redness relief
5. Elemis skin buff
6. MAC hyper real foundation- skin twinkles all day!
7. Dior show mascara- ENOUGH SAID
8. St tropez mousse
9. Body Shop body butter- Chaep but effective
10. Molton Brown Eucalyptus and tea tree body scrub
11. Avada camomile shampoo
12. Aveda camomile conditioner
13. Spake NK brush set- does that count as product?
13. Carmex lip balm
14. Benefit brow gel
15. ghd iron oil

and 3 hero nail products-
1.Orly Bonder
2.Orly Glosser
3.Nailtiques cuticle and skin gel.

well, let see.....

Toothbrush and sensodyne paste
Dermalogica cleansing foam gel
Dermalogica Daily microfoliant
Prescriptives Age prevention + serum and eye gel
Rose water toner with a few drop of lavender oil added
Rose oil from Neals Yard - fab overnight moisture treat
Bliss oxygen mask
Maxfactor mascara
Revlon stay true foundation
Clarins Eau Dynamis? spray tonic/perfume (red)
Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and conditioner
Palmers cocoa butter lotion

Solar oil
Creative spa leg gel
Essie and Creative enamels

That's it for now! Makes you realise how many pennies these add up to though - but we're worth it!! :hug:

solar oil
wine
a nice fit hunk:green:

this thread cracks me up...your on a deserted island and you want your skin to sparkle ... lip gloss and cellulite cream....PMSL...:lol:

no-one's gonna see ya !!!!....(i'm only playing with you )

all i would want is a bar of soap....pain killers...toothbrush and toothpaste...ohhh and a boat would be good !!!...:lol:

a packet of fags, matches, tea bags, sugar and a bar of soap and toothpaste... does me

Heres some more to add to the list...

Just incase im lying on my back with the sun in my face(not that it EVER would happen)as you all know im an spf queen!

Weeell, just in case i was sunning myself on the island i would just have to have my ID Bare Escentauals lip gloss in "truffle" or my lipstick in "thistle" shade just in case some hunk came along to rescue me off the island,as i would want my lips to be ooooooh so kissable to thank him:Grope:

Of course i would also have the essentials with me like toothpaste mouthwash and floss.LOL:green:

1. Benefit lip pencil
2. Concealer
3. Sun screen
4. Eyelash curlers (nothing else now I've had my tint!!:lol: )
5. Hand cream

. . . . that'll do me!

1:Lancome hypnose mascara
2:ID bare minerals foundation & brush
3:ID bare minerals blush
4:lancome juicy tubes
5:No 7 blusher soft damson
6:NARS lipcolour chealse girls
7:NARS eyeshadow night breed
8:MATIS vital moisturiser
9:Elisabeth Arden eight hour cream

I think thats my most important things,cant live without my mascara thats for sure!lol

Latest posts

Back