What are your top secret beauty tips!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Come on...you can tell us.....your amongst friends!!

What are your top beauty tips?

Is there a product you just COULDN'T live without??

Any home receipe's or remedies you SWEAR by??

I am doing an NVQ beauty course and would love to include a section about this in my portfolio.

My top 3 essential items are...

1 / Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.......

2 / Palmers co-co butter

3 / I would NEVER travel on holiday without my Australian Body Care Tea Tree products......Mosquitos HATE it and it is like a 'miracle treatment' on sunburn, a also get tea tree wipes and put them in the fridge EXCELLENT for cooling the face after a day in the sun/pool/sea etc.

EUCERIN!
I had a nasty allergic reaction after years to an YSL under-eye coverup which left the skin under my eyes, sore, cracking etc.
I was recommended to use Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream - it's fantastic! Still using it now - it soaks in beautifully, non greasy, can use it under makeup and you can use it on the delicate eye area. I look about 10 now!! LOL. Seriously though, i am still using it a few months on from the allergy, and my skin is in the best condition it has ever been and no lines or wrinkes now! PS Haven't got shares in this!

Hi!!!
Hmmm...
1) I could't do without handcreams! I detest dry flaky hands! Any good brand would do! Just found out that ones with honey are very lovely!

2) I also like to keep my face moisturised, Clairins seem to be my favourite, but I don't mind trying all brands!

3) Oh, and eye creams, the ones that get rid of dark circles and tighten up the area. Tried Estee Lauder's and it worked wonders!

What level of NVQ beauty are you? I am doing a level 2 at the mo. Loving it!

Solar Silk for use as a shaving cream, it stops all soreness from shaving and moisturises at the same time.

David

Level II ....oh lovely a 'study budy' !!!

Finding it really cool!! Cant WAIT to get my hands on my clients!!

A brown paper bag over my head with two eye holes cut out so I don't fall over :smack:

hiya, hope loads more geeks reply on this as i love knowing what other people use, i'd love to ask Victoria, kylie, madge what they use, just to be nosy..for me its ...

1...drink loads of water..borin i know but great for skin

2...Decleor face products..Ylang Ylang oil

3...Tweezers... tidy eyebrows always make a face look better..

thanks xxx

Hi Minkus,

My top beauty secrets would be:

1) Mary Kay timewise skincare (3 in 1 face wash and moisturiser) - I am a mary kay beauty consultant because this product has worked on my very oily and very sensitive skin, like no other cream or face wash has and it has an spf in also, as well as an anti aging ingredient. I brag about this little discovery because people always ask me how do I get that healthy glow to my skin!!!
2) Palmers Cocoa butter - for after shaving, never found anyhting better.
3) Pantene shampoo and conditioner - I get endless compliments on my hair and how healthy it looks all the time, no other shampoo can leave my hair so shiny and so soft!!

I don't travel without these three and don't feel beautiful without these three either!!! :)

wow i am lovin' the solar silk for shaving idea my hubby ALWAYS gets sore after shaving!! He works outside and gets battered by all weathers which doesnt help!

Now THAT one is going in my little black book for later!

1) Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream - works on everything from dry cuticles to scabby elbows, good as a night treatment, good on the ends of hair after blow drying....

2) Kerastase deep conditioner - the only thing that sorts out my barnet (big, wavy, bushy, frizzy...all lovely qualities in hair!)

3) Origins pinch your cheeks, YSL false effect mascara and Touche eclat (ok, I know thats 5, but I can't live without any of them!)

(I also carry at all times a bottle of lavender oil and a bottle of tea tree - they fix most things between them!!!)

Keep sharing guys, this is a great idea for a thread!!!:D

CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT TO ADD

GHD'S !!

VASELINE!!

Lol not exactly glamorous, but its great for my very dry lips :Kissing: , and for glossy eyelids.

For hair...I always use After Party by TIGI, its a fantastic cream hair serum, and smells yummy too ;) And of course, Solar Oil for my nails :D

I cant use a lot of makeup products, I can use liquid foundation but after a few days my skin breaks out in rashes. I have extremely sensitive skin, I cant use any facial products - I have to remove my makeup with unperfumed soap and water!!!

If anyone could suggest a makeup remover product for really senstive skin, I'd be very grateful!! I've tried using Simple stuff and products for sensitive skin, but I came out in allergic reactions to all of them!! My eyes swell, and the skin around my eyes becomes blistered and swollen :cry:

:D

xxlaylaxx

Trinity Nails said:
A brown paper bag over my head with two eye holes cut out so I don't fall over :smack:

PMSL :)

Dawnie xxxxxxxx

MINKUS said:
CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT TO ADD

GHD'S !!
Yes yes yes for these. I once forgot them when I went to my mums for a couple of days and distraught does not even begin to describe it!

1. Lip balm and gloss - hate having dry chapped lips and love having shiny, healthy lips. Have got several brands and shades all round my flat and in all my handbags.

2. Mascara - to make my non-existant eyelashes come to life

3. Body lotion/cream/butter - I just love slathering my body in cream, it makes my skin look so much healthier and I love the feeling of moisturised skin. Current fave is Bliss Labs Vanilla and Bergamot body butter (amazing scent and works all day). But I also love the Body shop body butters, palmers cocoa butter and molten brown body lotions.

Fab thread! I too love reading about what other people use and getting recommendations.

I think I would struggle to limit it to a top 3 but my faves are....

1) Benefit "You Rebel" tinted moisturiser...spf of 15, wickedly wonderful and I cant live without!

2) Gotta keep a Dermablend compact handy....brilliant for covering up my "teenage" spots which oddly enough at 42 still are hanging about!!!! :cry:

3) Yup....Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is a must have! Brilliant instant pick me up !

4) Solar Oil for everything thats dry!

5) Sanctuary Mande Lular body cream (How long does that fragrance last.....bloomin ages!!!) for a bit of "after bath" luxury!

Id have to have my Dax Wax....I have short cropped spiky hair and cant get it to do the spiky bit without this. Tweezers...a must absolutely gotta have!
SBC Propolis Gel....great for cold sores and sore skin and smells luurvely...like baby powder! Clarins "Eau Dynamissante"...need to smell sweet all day long!

More than 3, i'll limit myself to five(ish)

1) ghds (pink please!)
2) tweezers - always make you look groomed!
4) benfit bathing beauty bubbles (they stopped making that:cry: ) and the new, gel one
3) lip balm - mac lip conditioner, carmex
4) drink loadsa water and get lots of sleep

ohh its hard limiting it to 3 but here goes;

Ruby & millie liquid eyeliner- i love this and never go anyway without my eye make up.

Elisabeth Arden eight hour cream- i swear by this it helps get rid of almost anything chapped lips, dry skin, minor sores etc.

Clarins milk fake tan- I love this ive tryed every tan there is and i always come back to this.

Sorry i tryed but i cant keep it to 3 :rolleyes: so.......................

Colgate 2in1 toothpaste&mouthwash (fresh mint) strange i know but this is the only toothpaste i like :rolleyes:

Greatlash mascara by mabeline- cos i have none esistant eyelashes

Straighteners.........., and the list could go on & on & on & on....

my husband calls me high maintaince lol :green:

My best beauty products are:

1) Liz Arden 8hr cream - honestly its great for Everything!!
2) Vaseline - put it on your eyelashes and theres no need for mazzy!
3) Glittery eyeshadow! (MAC or Urban Decay)

I have loads more but I could not survive without these and anyway the 8hr cream and vaseline can be made into sooo many things I would feel pretty good heading into the jungle with them!!

mine are
1/ eyeliner and black smudge proof mascara i have big eyes and long eye lashes that are quite fair if i aint got my eyes done i look awful. :eek:
2/ max factor lipfinity with lip gloss on top lasts allllllll day.
3/ blusher i am very pale so look like a ghost without it.
they are my top 3 i would sacrifice evrything else but them.
i have a really good skin care routine but without my top 3 i would look as ruff as abadgers bum, just ask my boys what i look like without my slap on :irked:

joannerowsell said:
i would look as ruff as abadgers bum :irked:

LOL! :D

Latest posts

Back