What are your top secret beauty tips!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joolz said:
thanks mrs geek i will pm sassy
xx

Hi hun. it's a very prescriptive range and is best bought from a salon, but I have helped a couple of geeks on here after loads of questioning and sent in the post - I can take card payments as well.

I'm a simple girl.....

My must have's:

1. CHAPSTICK (totally addicted and simply can't be without)

2. Oil of Olay moisturiser

3. Kerastase Bain Oleo Relax shampoo & conditioner.

4. SolarOil

Bumping up so new geeks can reveal their beauty secrets :wink2:

Tickled Pink! said:
I had a nasty allergic reaction to an YSL under-eye coverup which left the skin under my eyes, sore, cracking etc.

I used this only once and it did the same to my skin

clarins beauty flash
revlon skinlights foundation
garnier pure cleanser
zinc supplements, keeps oily skin healthy and spot free.

Hi Guys

1/ Aquaspa Body Veil by Nutrimetics. I just love the smell of it and it feels great!

2/ I love my Mac Studio Tech Foundation, its the best I have used.

3/ Joico Kpack Shampoo, conditioner and Treatment. It keeps my hair great because I to love GHD and need an excellent hair system to keep it in good nick!!!!
Thats my 3 (4 really)
Cheers xxxx

I love Joico shampoos too.

LayStar said:
VASELINE!!

Lol not exactly glamorous, but its great for my very dry lips :Kissing: , and for glossy eyelids.

For hair...I always use After Party by TIGI, its a fantastic cream hair serum, and smells yummy too ;) And of course, Solar Oil for my nails :D

I cant use a lot of makeup products, I can use liquid foundation but after a few days my skin breaks out in rashes. I have extremely sensitive skin, I cant use any facial products - I have to remove my makeup with unperfumed soap and water!!!

If anyone could suggest a makeup remover product for really senstive skin, I'd be very grateful!! I've tried using Simple stuff and products for sensitive skin, but I came out in allergic reactions to all of them!! My eyes swell, and the skin around my eyes becomes blistered and swollen :cry:

:D

xxlaylaxx

Have you tried Johnson's baby lotion??

Mine are

1 - clinique 3 step
2 - GHD wide plates
3 - Diorshow catwalk mascara - the best I have EVER found.

There's loads of things I couldn't live without!!
Lancome hydra flash bronzer moisturiser
lancome juicy tubes lip gloss
YSL touch eclait
Vaseline (to tame my eyebrows)
The best tweezers in the world (which I'm still looking for)
Zorvirac (yep I'm the cold sore queen)
olive oil and sugar (for my dry hands)
my GHD's
epilator
babyoil spray

1. GHD's for my hair!
2. Johnsons baby lotion for my skin.
3. Vaseline for my lips.

also if you want your eyes to look wide awake put some vaseline on your eye lids works a treat!

Rach xx

OOOps, forgot to mention my fav of all favourites PERFUME, love it, Miracle, Jadore, Sensi, Romance, Glamourous, After five, gottem all and cant step out the door smelling like a flower. Got my 5 year old daughter into it to!!! She goes of to school wearing what mum does.:Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:

right i'm at work and haven't got time to read 8 pages of replies but here's one i'm sure you haven't come across

Johnson's Baby Wipes (pref with Aloe in them) are BRILLIANT for spots. God knows what they put in but if i get a dreaded spot it clears it up overnight (unless its one of those big lumpy under the skin ones it takes about 48 hours .. but that's still quicker!). Has to be Johnsons, any other brand doesn't work. in fact, when i take my make up off with this i look radiant in the morning which, believe me, is a miracle in itself!

o yes, and i agree GHDs!!!

Suzie.e said:
Lancome hydra flash bronzer moisturiser
YSL touch eclait
The best tweezers in the world (which I'm still looking for)
my GHD's
epilator
babyoil spray

Tweezerman tweezers I have found to be brilliant the plain silver ones preferably expensive but worth it.

I agree Tweezerman tweezers are fantastic I have the blue ones with a circle so you get a fantastic grip! Team this with their magnifying mirror and you will be plucking all day!!!!!

Cathy:biggrin:

cuticles said:
I agree Tweezerman tweezers are fantastic I have the blue ones with a circle so you get a fantastic grip! Team this with their magnifying mirror and you will be plucking all day!!!!!

Cathy:biggrin:

Oh my idea of bliss... I also have the Tweezerman tweezers in pink.. and a 12x magnifying mirror from boots ... omg... it is SOOOOO addictive!!!

I've got tweezerman - but the really sharp pointy ones - I've never come across the slanted flat sided ones - do they do these? and do they have a good grip......... oh and were can i get them please?(would like pink):biggrin:

Thanks!!

Suzie.e said:
I've got tweezerman - but the really sharp pointy ones - I've never come across the slanted flat sided ones - do they do these? and do they have a good grip......... oh and were can i get them please?(would like pink):biggrin:

Thanks!!

they are the best things...mine are in pink, boots sell them for about £12 i think, certainly wouldn't be without mine!!

xx

Suzie.e said:

babyoil spray

Hi Suzie, you know you could use SolarOil for ALL of the above and save a lot of space in your bathroom:D

Jaydee said:
Solar Silk for use as a shaving cream, it stops all soreness from shaving and moisturises at the same time.

David

hmmmm might have to try that the next time i have a shave lmao :cool:

Latest posts

Back