What brand of gel do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand of gel do you use?

• Biosculpture

Votes: 126 17.8%
  • nsi

Votes: 136 19.2%
  • Akzent

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • Brisa

Votes: 204 28.8%
  • Gel it

Votes: 35 4.9%
  • Star nails

Votes: 36 5.1%
  • Young nails

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • LCN

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • OPI

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • NONE i hate gel!

Votes: 44 6.2%

• Total voters

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
HI

I was wondering which are the most popular gel brands now?? with the introduction of gel it and brisa from the big names i am interested to know if it has taken custom from other brands or has more converted L+P users to gel???

Why do you use the brand you use? What would tempt you to change?
Have you tried a new gel then gone back to your old brand or to L+P????

I had been using LCN for 3 years, but had a few problems with their phasique that got so annoying that I started to look around for an alternative. Narrowed it down to Brisa and Gel It and did my homework by having demos at Olympia. I decided I liked the look of the Brisa better (plus some bloke on the EZ flow stand did my head in trying to flog me other stuff when all I wanted was info on theri gel products, but that's another issue).

I started using the Brisa over a month ago, with the aim of running the LCN alongside it, but my clients are all Brisa converts. Clients who always had breakages now come in with a perfect ten, other clients love the feel of it, without exception each one has said they love it. So all my LCN stuff has gone to my daughter who is learning to be a nail tech! And then she will use Brisa too no doubt.

I love using it, levels nicely without flooding, keeping it nice and thin cos I have faith in its strength. I don't apply the Creative way as it seems long winded and old habits die hard! The light is fab with its 10 second and 2 minutes timers and bulb expiry light (another huge plus over Gel It because their light does not have times at all).

The only thing I would say is the sculpting white is tricky to use, so I need to get and master it, but then I tend to use the white gel paint to get a French finish as it's easier to rebalance in my opinion. And also it does have more of a heat spike than LCN (sorry Creative but it defo does!)

One other point that I cannot understand is why the large pots are not a lot cheaper than buying 3 small pots! and while I'm onto packaging, although it looks funky I am not sure if I am going to have lots of waste by not being able to get the dregs out of the bottom of the pots (ie the brush on white and finishing gloss, and the lips around the gel pots). Will have to wait and see when I get that far!!

for me its akzentz. i decided that it was the gel for me when i saw the fabulous work of anna lajourdie from canada also it was well recomended by techs on beautytech. i have not been dissapointed and find it a hard wearing system thats within my capabilities.i'm still working towards the same look that anna gets though lol.

i would consider changing if i could find a TRUE soak off gel that was just as hard wearing as akzentz but less expensive than bio sculpture and calgel.

I am a huge Brisa fan. I have never tried another Gel so dont have anything to compare to but love most things about it especially the finish. I trained with L&P initially but just couldnt spend the time needed to master it. Having said that because I am getting on so well with Brisa, apart from the brush on white wobbles, it has given me the confidence to think about trying L&P again.

Sassy Hassy said:
One other point that I cannot understand is why the large pots are not a lot cheaper than buying 3 small pots! and while I'm onto packaging, although it looks funky I am not sure if I am going to have lots of waste by not being able to get the dregs out of the bottom of the pots (ie the brush on white and finishing gloss, and the lips around the gel pots). Will have to wait and see when I get that far!!

Here here Sass, this bothers me too, also why is the brush you get in the brush on white not much good? Most people seem to use another brush to apply it so wouldnt it be better if it came with a decent brush in the first place?

I don't use the brush in the brush on white, I use a dotting tool. It would be so much easier if they made it in a pot with a wider opening so I could dip into it, it's damned fiddly as it stands!

As recommended by NailStyle (thanks Angie!) I use Creative's Crystal Touch Petite. I take the gel from the stem of the brush that comes in the brush on white but find that the neck of the bottle gets messy this way. Packaging re-think?

bio for me.....given up on brisa....(could well be me :cry: bad nail tek !).lcn training day on monday watch this space!

good thread

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Minkus - hope you dont mind me being nosey but why have you given up on Brisa?
MTIA KxXx

JMO (IE do not take any notice of what i say!!) think maybe my application....just seems not enough strength there for me......

ask sassy, nailstyle, ruth, gigi, little angel...they will give more positive feedback on it...,must be me!

ambx

MINKUS said:
for me only do not take any notice of what i say i may be a crap tek....but not enough strength there for me......

ask sassy, nailstyle, ruth, gigi, little angel...they will give more positive feedback on it...,must be me!

ambx

Hiya ambxx

Bring your brisa when you come i will go through that with you too! :lol:

Akzentz for me, although I sometimes use IBD (not on your poll ;) )

IBD is extremely strong and well priced, however I don't like the whites in their range. I have tried Gel It, but didn't like it at all......far too much heat spike :Scared:

Karen at Nailsplusbeauty has been so helpful concerning Akzentz. I love the new coverage pink in their range and soft paint on white and it is also reasonably priced without high postage and packaging costs.

I like biosculpture because 99% of my customers prefer to use natural overlays, rather than tips, so that works for me.

IBD is good on tips.I use it ocassionally.

Little Angel said:
Hiya ambxx

Bring your brisa when you come i will go through that with you too! :lol:

yes....you did say i was there for the week didnt you! lmao!

amb x

i use nsi balance (not on the list either) I like it a lot, but havent tried anything else really.... i dont find it as strong as L&P but its good for NNO ...x

Trilite Girl said:
Akzentz for me, although I sometimes use IBD (not on your poll ;) )

IBD is extremely strong and well priced, however I don't like the whites in their range. I have tried Gel It, but didn't like it at all......far too much heat spike :Scared:

Karen at Nailsplusbeauty has been so helpful concerning Akzentz. I love the new coverage pink in their range and soft paint on white and it is also reasonably priced without high postage and packaging costs.

Apology's :lol: it only has 10 options for a poll. ;)

Aspirations said:
i use nsi balance (not on the list either) I like it a lot, but havent tried anything else really.... i dont find it as strong as L&P but its good for NNO ...x

Sorry only 10 options forgot about NSI! If i could swap i would probably remove OPI??

Don't know how though! ;)

it foxes me this .....how comes NO ONE has brought out a gel that is....

Strong over tips....preferably soaks off....and is excellent on natural nails too...nice french colours....lots of other colours.....

ambx

I use Christrio gel, before that NSI Balance,and before that Pure gel which is a a strong soak off (can you beleive? its not marketed properly so you've prob never heard of it!)

I trained with Pure as thats what the training centre offered its great but didnt like the price, then I went back to NSI and tried their gel. Balance is very good and I Never had any probs with lifting or breakages but I could never get the hang of their white - its like putty, so thick! Saw Christrio being demonstrated and the rest is history! I love it! its thin and I can make the best shaped nail, its strong & shiny and and the white is bright and goes on a dream.

I can't go for one option because I use 2 gels, Brisa and Gel it.

I voted for 2 brands Lell!

Latest posts

Back