What brand of gel do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand of gel do you use?

• Biosculpture

Votes: 126 17.8%
  • nsi

Votes: 136 19.2%
  • Akzent

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • Brisa

Votes: 204 28.8%
  • Gel it

Votes: 35 4.9%
  • Star nails

Votes: 36 5.1%
  • Young nails

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • LCN

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • OPI

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • NONE i hate gel!

Votes: 44 6.2%

• Total voters
Currently I´m using a brand called Universal Nails, but only until I get my CND Brisa convertion done (which is next wednesday! :green:)
I was originally trained with IBD, but have never really used their products, because they aren´t easily available nor a well-known brand where I live.
So I will be a Brisa girl! :Love:

I don't see my gel's brand on the poll.
It's c-marso.Do anyone know that brand??
If you are confused about the name of the brand, i have to tell you that i'm from Greece!

i have to tell that i'm very satisefied because it lasts almost like a month....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm newly qualified and have been using Profile gel since I started. I get good results but the gel does tend to crack occasionally and not last as long as my l&p. Want to give Brisa a go but can I try it with my proile lamp before I splash out on the Brisa one? I know you're supposed to use the lamp that goes with the system but I'd hate to spend all the money and then not have any difference.

any comments??:lol:

Is that the one that comes in the white and purple coloured pot? Is it also called salon system? I have used that and never had any problems, and its a cheap brand. Also neither I or my clients get any problems with the burning sensation that some of you have mentioned. I tend to do 3 coats of thin layers. I just can't master acrylic yet but wont give up. The gel I use is self levelling and very glossy but I find with acrylic I seem to be filing for ever.

Currently I´m using a brand called Universal Nails, but only until I get my CND Brisa convertion done (which is next wednesday! :green:)
I was originally trained with IBD, but have never really used their products, because they aren´t easily available nor a well-known brand where I live.
So I will be a Brisa girl! :Love:

The Brisa 'Cut the Cord' is a fantastic promotion and a great way to convert and get your Brisa lamp for only 1.00 at the same time!!! Have fun and enjoy Brisa (for 5 years voted the top gel in the industry by NAILS magazine techs in the USA)!

The Brisa 'Cut the Cord' is a fantastic promotion and a great way to convert and get your Brisa lamp for only 1.00 at the same time!!! Have fun and enjoy Brisa (for 5 years voted the top gel in the industry by NAILS magazine techs in the USA)!

Thank you, so I have understood by listening fellow techs and reading about Brisa gels. That is the reason why I will attend Cut the Cord, I simply cannot refuse, as I feel that is an amazing opportunity for me! :)
I am from Finland and here, too, Brisa gels have won many awards, including the lates "Finnish championships" in the industry. (Or whatever they are officially called in English... :lol:)

I´m sold. :green: And will definitely share my experiences as soon as my Brisa conversion day is done.

I use INM Integrity Gel. The clear gel is the base layer, builder and sealer. It has a 7 second cure time between layers and it's also cost effective as you don't have to buy separate sealers and base layers! You can also mix it with INM acrylic powders for 40+ color variation. Its the bomb!

i use nsi brush on french white gel with my ibd french nails its a thin and concentrated bright white!

CRYSTALNAILS gels super gels over 200 colors en going up.Good prices allso.The best gels ever .:green:

NSI for me, am trained in Brisa and NSI, but I prefer using NSI.

xx

Have tried one or two others, tried the Young Nails Gel and love it, a client of mine had trouble in the past with lifting etc, (Not done by me!) put a set of Young Nails on, did a rebalance just before the Xmas rush and apart from the growth they look just as good as when I first put them on! (3 weeks later) No lifting whatsoever. She is delighted. :Love:

I started off using IBD - then switched to OPI.
I have NO grumbles with the OPI but decided to give Brisa a test drive seeing as it appears to be quite popular with geeks on here.

Sorry CND and all you brisa lovers - but I can`t see what all the fuss is about (suppose I`ve been spoilt by the OPI.)

Paint on White??? - whats that all about???? - looks like Tippex (IMO).

Although I will say this for the Brisa - if I`d never tried the OPI - I`d probably have switched to Brisa from the IBD. (although not the POW)
I became a Brisa Master Technician when it first came out in Australia as they had a deal that you got the lamp the starter kit and the master course all for the same cost as the lamp. I find the fact that nothing soaks it off to be quite not only annoying but suspicious what the f is it made of, also it really is just acrylic that you apply in a gel form and set under a lamp. For me the whole point of gel is that it is healthy for the natural nail, it comes in many colours so you can have a great manicure which last for weeks, I suppose now they have brought out the shellac but that is really just glorified nail polish, I am a big fan of Bio and Cal but have just discover a new gel call Bellisima Minx Nails - SWITCH FUNKY - Minx Nails, Nail Coverings, Sara Happ, Lip Scrub and Lip Balm - Minx Nails and Lip Scrub, Australia Distributor for Minx Nails and Sara Happ, Wholesale Nail Supplies, Bellissima Gel, Famous Names, Lumos Topcoat, Lumos Base check it out, its made by the same chemists as the cal gel and much better prices for Aus anyway. Just thought I would see if anyone else had heard of it or used it too? Thanks ladies

Last edited by a moderator:
I became a Brisa Master Technician when it first came out in Australia as they had a deal that you got the lamp the starter kit and the master course all for the same cost as the lamp. I find the fact that nothing soaks it off to be quite not only annoying but suspicious what the f is it made of, also it really is just acrylic that you apply in a gel form and set under a lamp. For me the whole point of gel is that it is healthy for the natural nail, it comes in many colours so you can have a great manicure which last for weeks, I suppose now they have brought out the shellac but that is really just glorified nail polish, I am a big fan of Bio and Cal but have just discover a new gel call Bellisima check it out, its made by the same chemists as the cal gel and much better prices for Aus anyway. Just thought I would see if anyone else had heard of it or used it too? Thanks ladies

Well for a Master Brisa Technician you seem to know surprisingly little about gels and not much about enhancement products in general. You obviously did your Brisa training with the same distributor (as the link you have provided in your post) when they were the CND distributors before they sold the business.

I would have thought you knew, that there is no nail product that is more un-healthy/healthy, safe or unsafe for the natural nail. Certainly gels are no different to L&P or wraps in that respect.

What is not healthy for the natural nails are bad nail techs who have aggressive techniques and clients who love to pick off their nails enhancements.

Brisa is only one of many hard gels, that do not soak off easily. Very simple explanation, no need to swear about it and certainly nothing suspicious about it! Like all non-soak off gels, the oligomers are very highly cross-linked which makes them highly resistant to solvents.

All gels are part of the acrylic family, the difference with Brisa gels is that Brisa is based on methacrylate technology instead of acrylate technology which is one of the reasons that Brisa is a hypoallergenic gel along with the fact that it contains no Formaldehyde or Gluteraldehyde. :green:

As for dismissing Shellac as a 'glorified nail polish' I suppose you could say that about all thin coloured gels too apart from, of course, the gel you seem to be here to promote yourself.

That wonderful phrase we have heard so much over the years "It's made by the same chemist as XYZ" is completely meaningless and useless hype. One Chemical corporation will make thousands of different product formulations which doesn't mean any of them are even similar never mind the same. You might as well say this product that is new to you is just a private label of cal gel but cheaper ... yada yada yada!

Last edited:
can these gels be used for overlays with no extension.................what lamp is needed for this system???

can these gels be used for overlays with no extension.................what lamp is needed for this system???

Do you mean can hard gels be used for free form sculpting? .. yes.

The lamp you need to use, is the lamp that is designed to cure the gel system you choose. With CND Brisa gels you must use the CND UV Lamp or it will not cure thoroughly.

Try it and ull never go back

I had the same question last month. I've been nail tech 15 years. I tried gels like 12 yrs ago and it was awful. I just got in my CND brisa master pack and I think I'm gonna love it. Easy to use. I'm only doing one client right now with it to try to perfect it, but not doing bad at all. I just hope it holds up in this USA florida humidity.

Sent from my MB200 using SalonGeek

I had been using LCN for 3 years, but had a few problems with their phasique that got so annoying that I started to look around for an alternative. Narrowed it down to Brisa and Gel It and did my homework by having demos at Olympia. I decided I liked the look of the Brisa better (plus some bloke on the EZ flow stand did my head in trying to flog me other stuff when all I wanted was info on theri gel products, but that's another issue).

I started using the Brisa over a month ago, with the aim of running the LCN alongside it, but my clients are all Brisa converts. Clients who always had breakages now come in with a perfect ten, other clients love the feel of it, without exception each one has said they love it. So all my LCN stuff has gone to my daughter who is learning to be a nail tech! And then she will use Brisa too no doubt.

I love using it, levels nicely without flooding, keeping it nice and thin cos I have faith in its strength. I don't apply the Creative way as it seems long winded and old habits die hard! The light is fab with its 10 second and 2 minutes timers and bulb expiry light (another huge plus over Gel It because their light does not have times at all).

The only thing I would say is the sculpting white is tricky to use, so I need to get and master it, but then I tend to use the white gel paint to get a French finish as it's easier to rebalance in my opinion. And also it does have more of a heat spike than LCN (sorry Creative but it defo does!)

One other point that I cannot understand is why the large pots are not a lot cheaper than buying 3 small pots! and while I'm onto packaging, although it looks funky I am not sure if I am going to have lots of waste by not being able to get the dregs out of the bottom of the pots (ie the brush on white and finishing gloss, and the lips around the gel pots). Will have to wait and see when I get that far!!

hi sassy hassy, could you tell me the price difference with brisa and lcn, i currently use lcn and the cost is quite crippling!! This is what would make me switch if i could find a rival or `better` product!!

Could you tell me the price difference with Brisa and lcn, i currently use lcn and the cost is quite crippling!! This is what would make me switch if i could find a rival or `better` product!!

The place to compare prices is by ringing Sweet Squared ! Once you ring and register as a professional then you will be able to view all prices on the web site, but I Can tell you this, you will be very favourably surprised by the difference in the cost of Brisa Gels.

I also used to use LCN and in fact was a trainer for the product for quite some years. Brisa is a different kettle of fish and I'm sure you will appreciate the differences.

The place to compare prices is by ringing Sweet Squared ! Once you ring and register as a professional then you will be able to view all prices on the web site, but I Can tell you this, you will be very favourably surprised by the difference in the cost of Brisa Gels.

I also used to use LCN and in fact was a trainer for the product for quite some years. Brisa is a different kettle of fish and I'm sure you will appreciate the differences.

Geeg, I had NO IDEA! I too have trained with LCN. I'd be interested to hear what you feel yourself are the differences, but I'm sure that goes beyond the scope of allowable postings here.

Hi, I use YN, and never changed. I use their gels only on my clients who insist having gels and not L&P (most of them don't like the smell :p). And I absolutely love their white sculptor because it is so bright white and stays that way. Also their gels are really good to work with, and I have tried some other brands out of curiosity but always kept with YN.

Latest posts

Back