What brand of gel do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand of gel do you use?

• Biosculpture

Votes: 126 17.8%
  • nsi

Votes: 136 19.2%
  • Akzent

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • Brisa

Votes: 204 28.8%
  • Gel it

Votes: 35 4.9%
  • Star nails

Votes: 36 5.1%
  • Young nails

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • LCN

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • OPI

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • NONE i hate gel!

Votes: 44 6.2%

• Total voters
Hi

Yes gotta agree with that, i would much prefer the POW and the Finishing gloss to be in some kind of tub so its much easier to use.

Thanks for passing our thoughts on Samantha :hug:

Its great to have you back on the board i have missed you lately.

Didnt realise we had so may biosculpture users on the site!

Mrs Geek said:
I am listening to you guys and will forward all these gems to CND! They really do love this type of feedback!!

What a Babe! It is brilliant to know we are being listened to Mrs G.
The POW packaging is a pain it would be fab if they could re-think.
I personally love the UV Gloss as it is but hey we are all different...

Hi All - Gosh, I've not posted here for AGES!!!! Anyhoo....

After mastering CND L&P I trained with Calgel. However, it didn't take me long to look into other gels on the market.

Calgel enhancements yellow - a lot. To prevent this you have to sell the client a non yellow topcoat, which they have to apply every 2-3 days at home, but they still come back yellow. 2 prob's with this; 1) client not only has to pay for her nails, but also MUST buy this topcoat 2)in my experience, clients want to come to get their nails done, then not have anything to do themself until their next appointment. NB and they yellow under normal wear - you don't wanna see them on sunbed users!!!!

Calgel is soooooooooo expensive to buy in, you have to charge more 4 ur work so you've missed market potential.

Rebalances were a nightmare due to the rubbery consistance of the gel - which also caused my clients friction heat when I was filing it to do their reblance!!!

My research lead me to Akzentz, which I have been using for about 3 1/2 years now. It goes on a dream, is thin, hard wearing, never lifts, has soft file properties so rebalances are a scoosh! There are loads of different combos you can use according to you and your clients needs. You can sculpt with it, do tip & overlay, do natural nail overlay, and do toes with it. Karen at NPB is an absolute star and is more than helpful any time you talk to her. I's competitively priced, allowing you to get into the market.

My client all have natural overlays. The ones who started with sculpts grew them off til they got to the natural overlay stage - well - there's no point getting rid of a natural nail just to build it up again is there???? If they have the odd breakage - which is rare!!! - I just sculpt them a new one.

It's FAB on toes, I've always got mine done, and most of my clients get it at least for their hols.

I've also "made" a couple of glittery gels and these are very popular, as are inlaid gems. nail art and the dried flowers and crushed shell from NSI.

I love it soooooooooooooo much I've never had the inclination to try anything else - not even when Brisa was launched (sorry CND). The only down side is they don't do coloured gels, but word on the street is they are looking into this.

Finally - I've just received my 1st pot of the new packaging and it's georgous.

:biggrin: I initially trained with star nails GF21, then moved onto NSI balance which i used for about 18mnths then came Brisa which I have been using since the end of last year and love it.

I use Cesars Secrets I have been using it for about six months and really like it more importantly my clients like it.:biggrin:

Hi, I'm from the USA and use a product called Gelouosy..I used another product that was a polycarbonate (a plastic) but had several clients whose nails began to deterioate. The Gelousy is easy to use, no heat spikes, is thin, durable and looks natural. The product dosen't thicken and from prep to finish I can do a full set of tips, either french or natural color tip, from 40 minutes to an hour and 15 mnutes (depends on how bad the cuticle and natural nails are in).My clients love the fact that there is NO ODOR and the product is hypoallergenic..Love this product....

Little Angel said:
HI

I was wondering which are the most popular gel brands now?? with the introduction of gel it and brisa from the big names i am interested to know if it has taken custom from other brands or has more converted L+P users to gel???

Why do you use the brand you use? What would tempt you to change?
Have you tried a new gel then gone back to your old brand or to L+P????

Try GELOUSY Gel Nails,, has 22 colors, NO Odor, great on tips, sculptured or natural..french and natural color...great website..www.gelousy.com, phone no..1-877-363-0201
..Spiceebear
MINKUS said:
it foxes me this .....how comes NO ONE has brought out a gel that is....

Strong over tips....preferably soaks off....and is excellent on natural nails too...nice french colours....lots of other colours.....

ambx

I think im one of few IBD users on here!!!

I love it!

the cosistency, the colour, the strength... its fab! saying that though i have been using it for like, 3 years, so i know it very well! its like my best friend lol.

Prior to IBD i used nail solutions and bio.

As ive said in another thread today, nail solutions is very much like IBD.

Bio was ok, but i found that clients would come back with grubby looking nails (when they had bio french), the surface seemed to go a grey colour, so i guess its porous or something.

I was looking into NSI balance range for a change, but to be honest, if its not broke dont fix it. Me and my clients get on just fine with IBD so i wouldnt want to change and have problems!

Katelisa said:
I think im one of few IBD users on here!!!

I love it!

the cosistency, the colour, the strength... its fab! saying that though i have been using it for like, 3 years, so i know it very well! its like my best friend lol.

Prior to IBD i used nail solutions and bio.

As ive said in another thread today, nail solutions is very much like IBD.

Bio was ok, but i found that clients would come back with grubby looking nails (when they had bio french), the surface seemed to go a grey colour, so i guess its porous or something.

I was looking into NSI balance range for a change, but to be honest, if its not broke dont fix it. Me and my clients get on just fine with IBD so i wouldnt want to change and have problems!

For pinkand whites, which IBD white do you use?

IBD ultra white builder

the brand i love is ibd.havent seen it mentioned, im in australia tho. their acrylics great too esp thier bright white powder.havent found anything better than nsi pink which i use with ibd monomer. naughty i know but no probs. ibd gels have beautiful colours and their intense seal is xcellent. mch better than ulta seal. its fool proof!

I used to use IBD but the last few jars of pink builder I've had have been too thick to work with, like trying to use toothpaste!
I've just tried Nail Solutions gel and it was lovely to use, my mum's had a set on for a week and no problems so far (her nails grow very fast, I usually infill every 10 days). I've only tried the normal pink but want to try some of their shimmers next. Pronails Protech is also really nice.

Hi I noticed your comment on this gel system. I use Akzentz gel line and was looking into the One Step for Gelousy. Have you used it? If yes do you like it? And how do you feel about the natural gel Gelousy makes? Thanks.

spiceebear said:
Hi, I'm from the USA and use a product called Gelouosy..I used another product that was a polycarbonate (a plastic) but had several clients whose nails began to deterioate. The Gelousy is easy to use, no heat spikes, is thin, durable and looks natural. The product dosen't thicken and from prep to finish I can do a full set of tips, either french or natural color tip, from 40 minutes to an hour and 15 mnutes (depends on how bad the cuticle and natural nails are in).My clients love the fact that there is NO ODOR and the product is hypoallergenic..Love this product....

I started off using IBD - then switched to OPI.
I have NO grumbles with the OPI but decided to give Brisa a test drive seeing as it appears to be quite popular with geeks on here.

Sorry CND and all you brisa lovers - but I can`t see what all the fuss is about (suppose I`ve been spoilt by the OPI.)

Paint on White??? - whats that all about???? - looks like Tippex (IMO).

Although I will say this for the Brisa - if I`d never tried the OPI - I`d probably have switched to Brisa from the IBD. (although not the POW)

not on the list ....LeChat.....i like how it stays put and the range of there coloured gels as well .....it's a nice product that works for me ....:)

I use Star Nail Acrygel. Have very little lifting problems with it, but the ones that I do have could be because I haven't been following the Perfect Preparation guidelines!! It creates a very natural looking nail, which I love. The only fallback is that it's a buff-off, and I use tips and don't sculpt with it, so when the tip grows out I have to start over. As I don't use an e-file (I'm kind of scared of them, not having been trained with one) it takes a while to start new.

I use StarNail as I have only been taught to use this brand...SHould I mayb try another product? I do find though that 2 of my clients are breaking their nails in a matter of one week...Not sure why this is happening because I wear gel nails and don't break mine..

I use Light Elegance. You didn't have that as a choice so I didn't vote because I love gels!
michele

i use le chat and ibd these were not listed

Latest posts

Back