What brand of gel do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand of gel do you use?

• Biosculpture

Votes: 126 17.8%
  • nsi

Votes: 136 19.2%
  • Akzent

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • Brisa

Votes: 204 28.8%
  • Gel it

Votes: 35 4.9%
  • Star nails

Votes: 36 5.1%
  • Young nails

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • LCN

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • OPI

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • NONE i hate gel!

Votes: 44 6.2%

• Total voters
You will only get guaranteed results if you use the correct lamp. I tried Brisa with my old Daylight Company 4 x9watt tunnel lamp and got serious undercure. In fact the cracking you are getting now may also be attributed to this, or it could just be that it's not the best gel you can get!

I use gel from magnetic, so can't answer your poll :green:

I use Gel It and love the versatility of it as well as the bright pink, the slight opaue pink as well as their coverage gel they have for nail biters. I love the white and soft white of their range.

Its a great gel as well as the Pronails one i trained with as well. I have many gel clients and they always love how natural they look.

I use Le Chat and its great!:)

I now use Calgel, so unfortunately I couldn't vote as it wasn't included in the choices and obviously I wasn't going to vote for the only other option which was I hate gels.

if I could vote my vote is for Calgel.

Joan

I'm newly qualified and have been using Profile gel since I started. I get good results but the gel does tend to crack occasionally and not last as long as my l&p. Want to give Brisa a go but can I try it with my proile lamp before I splash out on the Brisa one? I know you're supposed to use the lamp that goes with the system but I'd hate to spend all the money and then not have any difference.

any comments??:lol:

I have PM'd you!

I only did my conversion to Brisa just over 1 week ago, but have so far done 4 sets and everybody loves it including me!!! I cant stand the sculpting white so I use the paint on and put enough onto the back of a Handsdown pad the slippery side and paint it on from there with the brush we were given in the kit!

I have only used Brisa so cant comment on other brands!

I had been using LCN for 3 years, but had a few problems with their phasique that got so annoying that I started to look around for an alternative. Narrowed it down to Brisa and Gel It and did my homework by having demos at Olympia. I decided I liked the look of the Brisa better (plus some bloke on the EZ flow stand did my head in trying to flog me other stuff when all I wanted was info on theri gel products, but that's another issue).

I started using the Brisa over a month ago, with the aim of running the LCN alongside it, but my clients are all Brisa converts. Clients who always had breakages now come in with a perfect ten, other clients love the feel of it, without exception each one has said they love it. So all my LCN stuff has gone to my daughter who is learning to be a nail tech! And then she will use Brisa too no doubt.

I love using it, levels nicely without flooding, keeping it nice and thin cos I have faith in its strength. I don't apply the Creative way as it seems long winded and old habits die hard! The light is fab with its 10 second and 2 minutes timers and bulb expiry light (another huge plus over Gel It because their light does not have times at all).

The only thing I would say is the sculpting white is tricky to use, so I need to get and master it, but then I tend to use the white gel paint to get a French finish as it's easier to rebalance in my opinion. And also it does have more of a heat spike than LCN (sorry Creative but it defo does!)

One other point that I cannot understand is why the large pots are not a lot cheaper than buying 3 small pots! and while I'm onto packaging, although it looks funky I am not sure if I am going to have lots of waste by not being able to get the dregs out of the bottom of the pots (ie the brush on white and finishing gloss, and the lips around the gel pots). Will have to wait and see when I get that far!!

Hi Sassy,
I am very new to gel nails having only recently completed my Brisa course. Please could you explain how you use it as I am finding it a bit "fiddly" (for want of a better word):) Many thanks

Hi Sassy,
I am very new to gel nails having only recently completed my Brisa course. Please could you explain how you use it as I am finding it a bit "fiddly" (for want of a better word):) Many thanks

Vanneb please call the Technical Support Line and speak with Shona or Diane. Equally why don't you speak to the Creative Ambassador that taught you?

Technical Support is 0113 275 5719 press 4 or be asked to put through. Hope this helps:!:

Thank you Samantha, I think I will ask my trainer if I can have a 1-2-1 with her.
I´m sure I just need to practise more.
I am struggling with the "brush action" of doing the Gels....I keep wanting to pat it into place :confused:
I have read all the tutorials and my head is saying tease the product into place but my hand is still trying to pat it!!! But I WILL keep trying lol

One other thing..... :o I am sorry that I seem to keep bringing up "older threads" I get so engrossed in reading everything that I sometimes ask a question or reply to a poll without looking at the dates.....I will try and remember to check in future

Many thanks once again for your reply

Thank you Samantha, I think I will ask my trainer if I can have a 1-2-1 with her.
I´m sure I just need to practise more.
I am struggling with the "brush action" of doing the Gels....I keep wanting to pat it into place :confused:
I have read all the tutorials and my head is saying tease the product into place but my hand is still trying to pat it!!! But I WILL keep trying lol

One other thing..... :o I am sorry that I seem to keep bringing up "older threads" I get so engrossed in reading everything that I sometimes ask a question or reply to a poll without looking at the dates.....I will try and remember to check in future

Many thanks once again for your reply
Not a problem - it was nice to re-visit this thread and I do understand the frustrations of learning Gel when you are used to L&P. Just keep practising and like I say, we are right here if and when you need us to walk you through something on the phone!:!:

could u add "other" as an option?? i've voted brisa as that is what i use at work, but at home i use pronails!:green:

I love bio sculpture gel. Have tried Brisa, Ibd and star nail but we have always gone back to bio in our spa. Most of our clients only want overlays with bio we dont get lifting and it looks so natural. Bio is also great for all of our new techs as its really simple to apply. :) Oooo and the colour gels are very popular. I also like that you can easily soak it off.

I love en vogue gels, the best shine out there and the flexibility makes
it so unique - and strong. They are designed to sculpt - the results speak for themselves. Once you try en vogue, you won't settle for anything else. One of the few companies left that actually manufacture the product themselves so quality control is possible. They have over 20 colors and 3 pink sculpting gels to choose from.

hi

Apologies girls, when i did this thread those were the brands i could think of at the time. I didnt mean to leave any out but as you all know there are soo many to choose from.

So for those who cant vote :hug: sorry x

I use La Fame Gel - its what I was trained in, but would like to try other gels. I trained at New Image Hair & Beauty in Bangor, NI and that's what they used. I'd like to try Calgel or Biosculpture but don't know where to getting training over here. Are there any other nail techs from Northern Ireland on here? :)

I use La Fame Gel - its what I was trained in, but would like to try other gels. I trained at New Image Hair & Beauty in Bangor, NI and that's what they used. I'd like to try Calgel or Biosculpture but don't know where to getting training over here. Are there any other nail techs from Northern Ireland on here? :)

just send a message via their wesite and they will give you the contact details of the trainers in your area.

I dont use any of the listed either, I have just qualified and have trained using Calgel, I have;nt used any other to compare it with at the moment, so if anyone has any opinion on this I would be grateful

Apology's :lol: it only has 10 options for a poll. ;)

Been using Le Chat Gel for a while now and just started using the Le Chat Nobility for natural nails, great!!! love it, and nice and cheap to buy :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back