What do I use to remove shine on white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I am a bit puzzled on this one.I have been in the business 18 months and i thought i would start using french white tips. But i am unsure on what to use to get rid of the shine. I have been using the smooth side of the bommerange file, you know the one you use to smooth the finished acrylic before you use the sanding block. I have been using gentle sweeping strokes.I have been using this so i am sure that the shine is gone so the acrylic sticks, but i have noticed the tip goes a bit thin at the join. So i then have to apply white powder over the shadow.So should i just use the sanding block.
I am still a bit unconfident when it comes to white tips, as i have read, they may come of easy becaue they are not blended like the natural tips. So should i be using the white sanding block or continue to use the other file?
Laura.x.

stick with the white sanding block and you should be fine.

I dont often use white tips but when I do, I use CND performance tips, which already have their shine removed. On other tips Gently buffing with a 240 grit will remove shine x

i also just use a block buffer e.g a white sanding block.you only need to do it very lightly as you are not blending the tip.xx

i always go over the tip lightly with a white sanding block

hope this works for you too

Great. I had a slight idea that is what i was supposed to do but wasn`t sure. Thanks gals,
Laura.x.

I use CND Performance tips and don't need to do anything :green:.

For l/p applications you don't need to remove the shine on white tips....I would only ever file them if I wanted to thin them.....however, removal of shine is totally necessary for gel applications.

When I use white tips I just use the white sanding block to remove the shine I would stick with it. hth

Angela

I also ue CND performance tips, so the shine has already been removed, but Im sure I read on a thread yonks ago, that incase you touch the tips and get oil on them, give them a really light buff with a koala?

Am I right in doing this or not?

I have been doing it for a while now and so far no probs!

xxxx:hug:

I do this too, just to be safe. x

Latest posts

Back