What do you charge for replacement nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
What do you all charge for a replacement nail? In my local area it seems to vary between £1.50 and £4.00 per nail. Should it be one tenth the price of a new set? Love to hear from you xx

Hi there

I charge £2.50 for replacement nails , I am mobile but some salons near me charge £3 +

Jan XX

I charge £5.00 as a " call out fee " then 10% of the cost of a full set ,per nail.

Upon mainainence appointments i charge 10% of the cost of a full set hth's .

£3.00 per repair - one free with a rebalance xx

10th of the price of a new full set - £3.50 for me (£35 full set)

I'm considering putting it down to £2 (10th of the price of a rebalance) just because some of my clients who break them leave them because they say it's too expensive to pay for one nail.

Perhaps if they where cheaper they'd come back sooner?? And it's not really cheaper as they cost £2 each on a rebalance anyway, not sure :irked:

I charge £3 for a repair and get 2 free with the rebalance.

xx

I charge between £3.50 and £5, but they get 2 included in a rebalance, which is usually enough. Once they have been once for repairs they usually admit to not using their oil, then when they realise the cost surprisingly it seems to cure them of their forgetfulness!:rolleyes:

I charge 3.00 for every replacement, and natter on about the benefits of solaroil for the duration of the replacement!

£3.50 per nail (1/10 full set) one free with a rebalance.

Hi

I charge £4 for a repair and 3 included in an infill!!

HTH

Funnily enough I've just finished updating my price list.

For replacement nail £4.00
First one free with rebalance

Call out charge £7.00 plus replacement charge.

Amazing how it cuts out the piddly little 1 nail replacement jobs. They all wait for their appointment now.

I charge £6 for a single nail.... its all calculated on the time it takes....
I don't do free nails, when a client leaves me, it is up to them to look after their nice new nails.....I have enough confidence in my service to know that its not service breakdown but client breakdown lol....
For example; a maintenance and no repairs is say £30, but if there is a nail to be replaced ,I charge for 9 nails to be maintained and one to be replaced, so its then £33.00....
I used to offer 2 free nails with every maintenance and there would always be at least two breakages, but as soon as I stopped these freebies(LOL) hey presto no more.....
Now I am not saying offering 2 free replacements is wrong, I am just saying I don't do it lol......
JMHO

I charge £3.50 (10%) for replacing a nail, 1 included in a re balance (this is under review!!)

I've never had someone have 1 nail replaced, they always wait til their re balance appointment.

I do think they look after their nails better if they know they have to pay extra for this service.

I charge £3.50 (10%) for replacing a nail, 1 included in a re balance (this is under review!!)

I've never had someone have 1 nail replaced, they always wait til their re balance appointment.

I do think they look after their nails better if they know they have to pay extra for this service.
Exactly why I've updated my price list!:)
It's funny, how a client can change if you move the goal post slightly to the left!!:lol:

when i am doing a fill ...
I subtract the cost of the fill on one nail = 10% of the fill price
then add on the nail price which is 10% of a fullset
depends on what the nail is made from too, natural, French or sculptured.

I am mobile and I charge £2.50 per nail but 2 included in a rebalance. After reading the above posts though, I shall be reviewing this!

£10 per nail if they call me out!! Which funnily enough never happens!:lol:

£6 if they come to me for just that one replaced. (It's my time)

£3.50 during infill or rebalance. I don't give a free replacement with either. This is 10% of full set P&W & pro rata for all other types.

So £20 infill plus £3.50 for each replaced nail.

Sculpted repairs I charge at £3.00 each.

No one complains about my prices

Thanks everyone for your replies. They make very interesting reading and food for thought.

Any other responses very welcome. :hug:

So do |I gather that most of you would charge more for a single nail done separately to the rebalance than you would a new nail done at the same time as the rebalance? It certainly seems to take more time to have to do one from start to finish with no other nails to do.

Latest posts

Back