What do you think of this as a business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marian

Reaction score
Hey all

Was wondering what you thought of Moz-art as a name for my not very well established home salon?

My husband thought of it as he calls me Mo and obviously art is the nails bit! Ok honestly is it corny and crappy or cool?

All opinions welcome!

Its different, but different often gets noticed. I share my salon name with a few other salons sadly. I sometimes wish id chosen differently.

Sorry, I don't like it. It doesn't tell people what you do.

Sorry, I don't like it. It doesn't tell people what you do.

Mmm....... good point! But lots of businesses dont say what they do in their name - what about Moz-art - music to your nails!

I dont mind it, i think you need something else to say basically what you do, i do like the play on words and i do like the "music for your nails". It put a smile on my face. Good luck, i know i had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with my name, and i had mixed comments, some liked it some didnt. I decided to stick with it and i am glad i did. You can't please everyone but you can please yourself :wink2:. xxx

Mmm....... good point! But lots of businesses dont say what they do in their name - what about Moz-art - music to your nails!
:lol: Now that I like.

I like this better. Unless you're a huge brand name with tonnes of advertising, I think your name needs to indicate what your business is.

YES! I really like that, nice and catchy, you could even have a hand with beautiful nails holding a music note, that would be different from the usual flower or wine glass

I like its but as the others have said if your name doesn't say what you do then your slogan should.

so what are u called?
Its different, but different often gets noticed. I share my salon name with a few other salons sadly. I sometimes wish id chosen differently.

lol true , very catchy name.

I like it...think it is witty and different and a great play on words...

with the by-line it tells people what you are/do...

Tell family and friends and see how they feel and what their reaction is...then go on to a website like Vistaprint say and design some business cards ( you don't have to order them ) and see what it would look like on some business stationary.... it might look different in print... ( on your screen ).

Good luck with your business xxx

I like it...think it is witty and different and a great play on words...

with the by-line it tells people what you are/do...

Tell family and friends and see how they feel and what their reaction is...then go on to a website like Vistaprint say and design some business cards ( you don't have to order them ) and see what it would look like on some business stationary.... it might look different in print... ( on your screen ).

Good luck with your business xxx

Good idea! I will have a look and play around with a few pics too - its so hard to think of an original name but with relevance to what I do lol

It's ok and probably memorable.

However, unless I wanted nail art, I wouldn't call. And the bread and butter is simply in the enhancements usually. (depending on area).

It's so difficult isn't it. good luck :hug:

I like it, you don't need a name that says what you do, it's better that plain ol "Marians Manicures" some names are just waaay to boring and conservative. YOu can add a little tagline to describe what you do, kiinda like Moz_Art .... then simply add Nailz. some business names are so mundane and innocent they make me wanna puke, we are in a creative industry, why not be creative in your name and branding, well done for thinking outside the square.

I like it, you don't need a name that says what you do, it's better that plain ol "Marians Manicures" some names are just waaay to boring and conservative. YOu can add a little tagline to describe what you do, kiinda like Moz_Art .... then simply add Nailz. some business names are so mundane and innocent they make me wanna puke, we are in a creative industry, why not be creative in your name and branding, well done for thinking outside the square.

If you approve then thats good enough for me!:lol: I like the way you have used a capital letter for the A in art, kind of accentuates the art side and nails are an art wether it be nail art or sculpting!

Latest posts

Back