What forms of sterlisation do you all use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Basically the title says it all! What forms do you find are the best for sterilising all your equipment?
:confused:xxx

I use barbicide to sterilise my metal tools.
I wash my towels and facial sponges in the washing machine at a 60'C wash.

hth

There is sterilisation which you would do if you were performing 'invasive surgery', and then sanitisation and disinfection, the latter two are perfectly fine for the beauty/nail industry.

Products like Barbicide, Virkon etc.... don't truely sterilize. They kill off a vast percentage of nasties but the only way to truely 100% sterilize is to use an autoclave, however, this method discounts items which will melt eg. plastics.

As Sandi (ValencianNails) said, nail tools suffice with a thorough disinfection in eg. Barbicide after being washed first.

Can I just mention that Barbicide is apparently not environmentally friendly. Only say this because it was impressed upon us in college, but I'm not 100% sure.

I disinfect my things with either Barbicide or a 60 degree wash. This is more than sufficient.

my local authority insists on virkon first then barbicide. Not keen on virkon as it rusts metal. The supplier told me it was designed for vet's operating tables!

my local authority insists on virkon first then barbicide. Not keen on virkon as it rusts metal. The supplier told me it was designed for vet's operating tables!

With Virkon, tools need to soak for no longer than about 10 minutes... but it is kinder to the environment... apparently.

In Canada, Barbacide is considered a low level decontaminate and only allowed to be used for hairdressers combs and brushes.
I use Accel CS20 for my metal implements and Accel TB for any bed, or table surfaces.

Hi everyone! Basically the title says it all! What forms do you find are the best for sterilising all your equipment?
:confused:xxx
sorry i couldnt resist this!! vasectomy :lol::lol: ive been done like an old tom cat according to mrs nouvatan it stops me straying and peeing in corners :):):)

We use Tea Tree wash to clean, Barbicide to disinfect and Prestige 2000 Autoclave to sterlise.

We gave each client their sponges away with them. Find it easier, just costs pennies and sometimes a good retail tool as we educate them on cleansing technique, which can prompt questions acout cleansers are other products.

Was thinking about using Mundo as I've heard it's nice. Anyone use Mundo, what one's are the best?

xxx

sorry i couldnt resist this!! vasectomy :lol::lol: ive been done like an old tom cat according to mrs nouvatan it stops me straying and peeing in corners :):):)

Lol!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Have a look at mundo or call 0113 258 5540 - we're happy to discuss your needs and recommend what would be most suitable for you.
We use Tea Tree wash to clean, Barbicide to disinfect and Prestige 2000 Autoclave to sterlise.

We gave each client their sponges away with them. Find it easier, just costs pennies and sometimes a good retail tool as we educate them on cleansing technique, which can prompt questions acout cleansers are other products.

Was thinking about using Mundo as I've heard it's nice. Anyone use Mundo, what one's are the best?

xxx

Thanks iv had alook at the site will be contact and ordering soon. many thanks

Have a look at mundo or call 0113 258 5540 - we're happy to discuss your needs and recommend what would be most suitable for you.

Latest posts

Back