What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the reason why when going to a national trust property or similar, they always seem to set up their deck chairs in the car park to have their picnic on? Because they can't walk very far due to mobility? It's always cracked me up that people make the effort to drive to these places but then decide to picnic in the car park.

I think you've answered my question and I will no longer look upon these people as freaks (as previously thought) but as perhaps not being as mobile.

Nicole333,

My 56 year partner uses those 'ski poles' (they are actually walking sticks NOT ski poles there is a difference here) as a mobility aid as he has bad arthritis and struggles to walk long distances with out them and allows him to remain mobile as he enjoys walking.

I'm sure given the choice he would like to walk without them, however its important given is condition that he remains mobile

A lot of other people use them as a mobility aids as many young or elderly people don't want to use a wooden walking sticks.

Laughing a people with hidden or visual disabilities is disgusting and ignorant especially as I see from your profile you are a NURSE.

Thank you for the judgement, but at no point in my post did I single out people who have to use them for mobility and laugh at them. You have taken this out of context, for which I understand because of your partners situation, but you have got me totally wrong.

People saying "you must have been bullied at school " and " aren't you to short to be a police officer "

Oh and people saying " I pay your wages " when clearly they have never worked a day in there life !!!

Laura x

Thank you for the judgement, but at no point in my post did I single out people who have to use them for mobility and laugh at them. You have taken this out of context, for which I understand because of your partners situation, but you have got me totally wrong.

Some disabilities are hidden, so how do you know that everyone you ridicule for using walking poles doesn't have disability? I have not got you wrong at all or taken it out of context.
I showed your post to my partner and he was offended by your post and was upset that you openly laughed at people like him for using these so called 'ski poles' to go walking with.

It has taken me a lot of time if encouragement to get him to use them as he was self conscious of using walking sicks, so I suggested the walking poles. Now my other half feels he maybe ridiculed by other people for using them especially when that person is also a Health care professional and now is thinking about not using them.

Thanks.

My boyfriend who EVERY TIME he is looking for something looks for a second then shouts me. Every time he has done this in 3 and a half YEARS it's been right in front of his face!!
People (my dad or boyfriend lol) ask who my clients are tonight then I tell them, oh is that *** I'm like no you don't know them!!
People who drive at 40mph in a 70!!!!!! Ahh I get serious bad road rage haha

People who drive at 15mph...

Cyclists who hold up a mile long queue of traffic on my route to work. Move over! If I wanted to travel at cycling speed I'd get a bike grrrr

The phrase....."That really grinds my gears" .....LOL

The phrase....."That really grinds my gears" .....LOL

HAHA me too! I saw the thread title on another forum & didn't know what else to call it, should have embraced my Yorkshire roots & called it 'What does yer ed in?' instead haha!

People pulling out on me on a main road then indicating to go down another side street. God give me strength!

:idea:
HAHA me too! I saw the thread title on another forum & didn't know what else to call it, should have embraced my Yorkshire roots & called it 'What does yer ed in?' instead haha!

People pulling out on me on a main road then indicating to go down another side street. God give me strength!

Ha ha Pinkswoon - I should have also mentioned everything listed on this thread...I am a very irritable person....LOL....

I've just been informed by someone at work that I am an irritable person and should let stuff go. What?? Me??
Someone stole my mug, of course I'm irritated! The tea bags went walkies last week. I hate thieving

I've just been informed by someone at work that I am an irritable person and should let stuff go. What?? Me??
Someone stole my mug, of course I'm irritated! The tea bags went walkies last week. I hate thieving

That's just plain wrong - step it up now Missy - swift jab to the throat should suffice! Robbers! ha ha

That's just plain wrong - step it up now Missy - swift jab to the throat should suffice! Robbers! ha ha

Lol. Thinking of setting a good old booby trap. That'll sort it. Any patented ideas considered

Lol. Thinking of setting a good old booby trap. That'll sort it. Any patented ideas considered

Can't help with ideas (tired brain lol!) but you've gotta love a good old booby trap so I say go for it :)

Haha. My bro used to balance his sweaty socks on top of my bedroom door so they fell on me at 3am when I crept in from nightclubs. That was a good booby trap 😄

People who look you up and down when they are speaking to you! ! Hate that!

Morning PinkSwoon... What grinds my gears?

Ridiculously long emails. Some take 8 paragraphs to make 2 points but continuously repeat what they are trying to say.

I literally don't have time to read 'war and peace' emails... And although I do... If they look like that it can take me a week to get my head into the zone...

Otherwise I answer emails as fast as physically possible.... You have been warned lol :Love:

I've got another one......

Why would anyone write "I didn't want to read and run......" WHY would you even write that......surely you just leave a comment or you don't?

:irked:

I've got another one......

Why would anyone write "I didn't want to read and run......" WHY would you even write that......surely you just leave a comment or you don't?

:irked:

Yeah, I'm with you on that one! There was a thread last year about expressions people hate (something like that) and this one featured a few times. I haven't really noticed it much since that thread.

Latest posts

Back