What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a major issue with people coming and sitting right next to me on public transport when there are hundreds of empty seats! :|
X
YES! and I hate when I'm at the gym and there's a zillion free treadmills and the firt bird comes and runs right next to me. Puts me off my (slow & wonky) stride!

I also get annoyed with 'no offence but...' or 'i'm not racist/homophobic...' etc followed by a super racist/homophopic comment. People suck.

I have a friend that started saying no offence in pretty much every sentence. I sometimes want to ask her if she really knows what that means, but I'm not that quick. Or mean.

On about names and shortening names, when unwanted to know how Peggy was made from Margaret I found this, quite cute and does show how calling someone a shorter name can end up giving them a completely different name.

In search from A to Z they passed,
And "Marguerita" chose at last;
But thought it sound far more sweet
To call the baby "Marguerite."
When grandma saw the little pet,
She called her "darling Margaret."
Next uncle Jack and cousin Aggie
Sent cup and spoon to "little Maggie."
And grandpapa the right must beg
To call the lassie "bonnie Meg."
From "Marguerita" down to "Meg,"
And now she's simply "little Peg."

Xoxo

On about names and shortening names, when unwanted to know how Peggy was made from Margaret I found this, quite cute and does show how calling someone a shorter name can end up giving them a completely different name.

In search from A to Z they passed,
And "Marguerita" chose at last;
But thought it sound far more sweet
To call the baby "Marguerite."
When grandma saw the little pet,
She called her "darling Margaret."
Next uncle Jack and cousin Aggie
Sent cup and spoon to "little Maggie."
And grandpapa the right must beg
To call the lassie "bonnie Meg."
From "Marguerita" down to "Meg,"
And now she's simply "little Peg."

Xoxo
ha like this. My Grandma was Peggy, I always used to think it was weird that was a nickname for Margaret.

ha like this. My Grandma was Peggy, I always used to think it was weird that was a nickname for Margaret.

My hubby's nan is Peggy, her real name? He doesn't know!

Know it alls drive me round the bend.

I was at a clients house today and her neighbour was round. My clients daughter had "Gelish" for a tenner last Friday and it looked chipped and awful. I told her it should last 2-3 weeks and definitely costs more than £10. I recommended she find a reputable salon that does it properly, or come to me and I will do her Shellac.

The neighbour then piped up, "you know you can buy that stuff from Sally's, then get a lamp off eBay and do it yourself. It's dead easy."

I started to explain the problems in doing so, i.e. undercure, allergy, lifting, chipping... when she said "yeah well I am a hairdresser, so..."

My reply, "Well, sorry! Listen, I don't claim to know how to do hair when I'm a nail tech. I'm just trying to educate, the way you would to anyone that was, for example, going to buy bleach or something from ebay...Do you do nails?" "No, but I could." "Well then... Please don't advise people when you don't know yourself."

My client was actually impressed, she said the neighbour told her my acrylics were horrible because they "had a slight bump and didn't look natural" (apex?!!).

Hopefully she won't go telling people to DIY any more. She was so rude and had a real stinking attitude, everyone was glad that I politely put her in her place!

Xx

Oh my, i completely agree about the parents with no conviction!

The child countdown that restarts everytime they hit 10, lol.

A woman in our salon always screeches at the top of her voice for her kids to be quiet...seriously love, you're worse than them.

The ultimate irritant, the woman in Tesco who screams at their child, this is your last warning, i won't say it again! Only to say it again and again and again....

Follow through with your threat and they'll know you mean it and behave.

When people don't rinse the lid out after pouring mouthwash into it & then put the bottle back on the sink/windowsill/wherever and it leaves a sticky blue mark around the bottom of the bottle yuk!

Had to resurrect this thread to express my anger!

I send reminders for all my appointments, and it's really starting to annoy me how only once they get their reminder (which states no shows are invoiced full charge) that only then they come back and say oh I can't manage can we change it. I'm so tempted to stop sending reminder and wait for them to no show and invoice them - if I thought I'd ever see the money then I would do it.

How do you deals with this or is it just part of the job? I must add its never ever my regulars, its always new clients. xxx

Being hungry ALL THE TIME!

My mother repeating herself, i hear these stories about 5 times before i leave the house to drop her off to work :/ She has to tell everyone her life stories, me and dad took the mick once, its really bad, but we are use to it now lol

This thread is so funny!

-I cannot stand slow walkers who stop suddenly & give you & dirty look when you accidentally bump into them!

- "Look at this photo on my phone " to which the person sees it fit to look through your entire photo album freely!

- People who are full of themselves. I cant count the amount of times I have heard "im sick of being chatted up & bought drinks" or about how people kerp telling them how good looking they are, eugh!

Mine is high pitched, continuous or irritating noises. That song "lovely day" where it has that continuous tone on the word "day" is an example. It sends me MAD !

People that lick their tongues out on photos!!! I HATE it xx

Kids not replying to your texts, especially when you know their phones are an extension of their arm these days!

being asked if i did badley at school because im a nail technition
being told im thick because i cannot work out what change someone needs
im not thick im dyslexic in maths and english
both these things were said to me today by the same customer if mine i was realy upset after she left :(

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

2 things turned on at once. My partner regularily have the TV on but then sit and watch a you tube video on his phone with the sound in!! Arg, my stress levels instantly hit max!! Lol

:p

Leading on from your old man, wearing socks with sandals and a fanny pack :wink2:

What about the people who can't go for a stroll without taking their ski poles with them?!! Cracks me right up. :D

Nicole333,

My 56 year partner uses those 'ski poles' (they are actually walking sticks NOT ski poles there is a difference here) as a mobility aid as he has bad arthritis and struggles to walk long distances with out them and allows him to remain mobile as he enjoys walking.

I'm sure given the choice he would like to walk without them, however its important given is condition that he remains mobile

A lot of other people use them as a mobility aids as many young or elderly people don't want to use a wooden walking sticks.

Laughing a people with hidden or visual disabilities is disgusting and ignorant especially as I see from your profile you are a NURSE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back