What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
A bit of a morbid thread :p but my mum is really annoying me tonight -.-
She keeps apologising for her opinions...you know, the classic 'I'm sorry but...' one! ARRRRGH!

What grinds yours??

'No offence but ....'. Arrgghhh! I hate it! Of course you're going to offend if you're starting with that sentance.

My four year old daughter when every second word is "Mummy!?....."

Aaaggggghhhhhhhh!! :irked:

Mummy can I have .....

Mummy look at me.

Mummy. What's that?

Mummy, can I have .....

Mummy where's this/that

Mummy are we there yet?!

My four year old daughter when every second word is "Mummy!?....."

Aaaggggghhhhhhhh!! :irked:

Mummy can I have .....

Mummy look at me.

Mummy. What's that?

Mummy, can I have .....

Mummy where's this/that

Mummy are we there yet?!

My four year old is doubt the same thing
aaaaaaaah I'm changing my name!!

Mine is........... "at the end of the day" :-/

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Mine is, "to be honest with you..."

And "well, the thing is..."

Why not just launch into your sentence without these pointless conversation fillers?!

Xx

I hate it when someone says oh you've done this that and this but not this and them say so.....and wait and I'm thinking so freaking what?!?!

When people say "To be honest", "I'm so sorry, but...." or "Now, don't get annoyed, but...." the one thing to remember is THEY DON'T MEAN IT.

My four year old is doubt the same thing
aaaaaaaah I'm changing my name!!

Hahah :p

Another thing what p*sses me off...we have a chimnea thing in our backgarden...my mum lights a fire in it & buggers off! Oh & my good friend/neighbour has a disgustingly annoying habit of sitting RIGHT next to me on my sofa, even though there's just me on it, & I mean literally squashed up to me..WTF!

Just thought of another one:

To cut a long story short....

My husband is notorious for waffling and going off on a tangent, forgets where he's up to in a story and goes right off track. He knows I get really annoyed with this drivel because he takes ages and ages to get to the point so he's adopted the above saying in order to maintain my interest.....but he doesn't cut the story short at all!!! Drives me batty.

"I'd just like to make you aware ............." Don't make me aware, just fricking tell me what I need to know! Stop trying to cover your own a..se!

My husband is notorious for waffling and going off on a tangent, forgets where he's up to in a story and goes right off track. He knows I get really annoyed with this drivel because he takes ages and ages to get to the point so he's adopted the above saying in order to maintain my interest.....but he doesn't cut the story short at all!!! Drives me batty.
My OH does this too! Just like his dad. When i know its going to be a long story i just say 'get to the point please babe' :) haha xx

My mum....
"what you doing?" a few minutes after walking in and what I'm doing is really actually pretty obvious!
"are you making a cup of tea?" after walking in the kitchen and clearly seeing me putting a tea bag in a cup and the kettles boiling! (just ask if you want one!!!)
And "my hair/nails/waxing really need doing" (said as a general comment) my response is "oh do they?".... Eventually I get asked if I can do them lol (can't stand people hinting and beating around the bush, if you want something doing, just ask outright, the worst I can say is no!)
But my worst one is asking me to do hair/nails/waxing "quick, once I've eaten my tea and had a bath" 2 minutes after walking through the door from a fully booked day. Erm maybe I would like to eat my tea and have a bath and actually be in bed (not working) by 10pm mum!

Dont fly the nest for 9 years then rerun home! Lol

Haha this sounds just like me! My mum or boyfriend just yawn or roll their eyes so i go 'doesn't matter didn't want to tell you anyway!' lol i can't help it i just get distracted because something pops into my head mid story and if i don't say it there and then i'll forget lol.
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

"How bought I let you do my nails on ......"

Oh ok so your gonna let me doo your nails !? Really?!

Because I only do nails and talk about beauty products all day...so in my spear time between my two jobs your gonna" "let me do your nails" oh I get it now....whats that you
Think im your frienf even though you never talked to me till you found out im a nail tec? Oooohhh ok I see now :) so we hang out and I do free nails on you?

Bahhh I hate people like thar

Mines the hubby
'in a minute'
Argh i ask him to do something and he'll say it and honestly half an hour later hes still bloomin sat playing on his phone after about 287 remindera to do it!!

Mines the hubby
'in a minute'
Argh i ask him to do something and he'll say it and honestly half an hour later hes still bloomin sat playing on his phone after about 287 remindera to do it!!

I hate phones.

My list is endless!!

But when I ask hubby to do something, he says yeah. And doesn't move a muscle is one of my worst.

I'll just go do it myself then!

I can't stand the "...well, at least I say it to her/his face" attitude of thinking that being bluntly painfully "honest" is a good thing.

Not only is it assuming that "honesty" is the same thing as being true and correct, but I'd MUCH rather people talk behind my back than be horrible to me face to face.

Ignorance is bliss as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather assume everyone likes me than someone coming up and telling me I'm fat and stink because they have some pathological urge to tell everyone what they think of them!

p.s I'm not fat and I don't stink. Much.

This is a really good threat, two that get me are when some one starts to answer a question and the say "yeah, no .... " I'm just like is the answer yes or no??? Stupid.

The other is when people say "as I said" when they haven't even mentioned it before and I think but you didn't say.

Latest posts

Back