What have I done wrong????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clementine

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I did the Glam Lash course 3 weeks ago and have been practising on friends as much as possible
On Thursday I did a full set of lashes on a friend and I asked her to keep me posted as how she gets on etc
She only lost one the next day and tells me she is being very careful
This morning she text to say she used the Glam Lash mascara yesterday and washed her face in the shower this morning with only water and lost 15 - 20 lashes!!
I could cry, what have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance
Sarah x

Hi Geeks

I did the Glam Lash course 3 weeks ago and have been practising on friends as much as possible
On Thursday I did a full set of lashes on a friend and I asked her to keep me posted as how she gets on etc
She only lost one the next day and tells me she is being very careful
This morning she text to say she used the Glam Lash mascara yesterday and washed her face in the shower this morning with only water and lost 15 - 20 lashes!!
I could cry, what have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance
Sarah x

Hi first of all are you sure she has followed all your after care not getting them wet in first 2 hours etc etc etc.

If so maybe its the prep I always ask my clients to make sure they have no make on and no moisturisers round the eyes, I then get them to go over eyes with make up remover while I am setting up then I primer the lashes with the glam lash primer. (at infills I just make sure I ask that they clean off any mascara then use primer to get rid of any residue.)

The glam lash glue needs to be shook for at least min I always take my glue out first give it a good shake, then set up and before I use glue I give it another shake. also I disgard the first drop of glue.

Are you running the lash extension through the glue from about 2/3 down right to the end, Then running the lash extensions over the lash a couple of time to coat it with the adhesive before you place the lash as they may effect the bond if not done.

The only other thing I can think of is the shape of lash you used might not of been suitable I doubt this is the case as you will have received j curls in your kit which should be ok, but worth a thought that if you used a really curly extension ie a c or d on a very straight lash your bonding area wouldnt be as strong,
Hope this makes sense and helps

Deb
x

I think it was the mascara application or when she cleaned the mascara off the lashes. Obviously you can use mascara but only on the tips of the lashes. Do you think she could have been applying it from the base? Also, she could have been quite rough when cleaning them.

Thanks geeks

I've been looking on you tube this afternoon and noticed I didn't run the whole lash across the donor lash
Have just done another set tonight and concentrated on making sure I cleaned and primed correctly, then ever single lash I ran over the donor lash to make sure adhesive went over the entire lash
Fingers crossed it works!!
Mind you it could have been down to the way she's cleaned her lashes, but more than likely it's been me not covering the lash correctly

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help lasses

Sarah x:)

i had same problem when i first used glam lash, yep make sure 1min shake up and pull the lash through the glue 3 times making a little tail on the jadestone wipe down the lash 2-3times b4 letting lose for the extension to attach. if in doubt ring glam lash they were so help ful when i had problems xx

Thanks to all of you
Didn't know about shaking the bottle though!!!
AAAHHHHHHHHHH hope this hasn't affected the ones I've just done
I really didn't know I had to shake the bottle at all let alone a minute!!
Oh god, I've got my toes crossed as well as my fingers now!! LOL
Thanks again
Sarah x

i think it could be down to her having a shower to be honest more than the way you have applied them.

on after care it says to be carful with heat/steam/water and having a shower/washing your eyes. a shower obviously includes heat/steam and water and if she wash her eyes with water then surely she had to dry them or rub them to wash them? again, rubbing eyes is to be avoided. at the end of the day even if it is after the 48hour period it is still only glue and doing the above in reguards to the shower isn't going to help whatso ever.

all the above that everybody else has suggested will all help to keep the lashes on as it will help to give a great bond, but that's as much as you can do. after reading this site that is soemthing i have picked up on that you really should drum into clients that they need to follow the aftercare. do a search on here and read some of the posts made that clients have said about their lashes! honest to god so many times i've read and thought 'omg'. x

i think it could be down to her having a shower to be honest more than the way you have applied them.

on after care it says to be carful with heat/steam/water and having a shower/washing your eyes. a shower obviously includes heat/steam and water and if she wash her eyes with water then surely she had to dry them or rub them to wash them? again, rubbing eyes is to be avoided. at the end of the day even if it is after the 48hour period it is still only glue and doing the above in reguards to the shower isn't going to help whatso ever.

all the above that everybody else has suggested will all help to keep the lashes on as it will help to give a great bond, but that's as much as you can do. after reading this site that is soemthing i have picked up on that you really should drum into clients that they need to follow the aftercare. do a search on here and read some of the posts made that clients have said about their lashes! honest to god so many times i've read and thought 'omg'. x

Thanks Miss C
How are clients supposed to remove their makeup? I'm a bit confused
:confused:
Cheers
Sarah x

Thanks Miss C
Cheers
Sarah x

to quote my flirties aftercare leaflet 'do not use any oil based make up remover, and when removing eye make up use a cotton wool bud near the lash line to prevent damaging the bond' to quote my training manual it basically says 'want to apply mascara, only apply to the tips' and it should be 'water based'. i'm not sure who you trained with or weather they advised differently. also, a post was made the other day about lash extension eye make up remover and there is a company that sells it (forget which) so that would be a great retail addition :) i'm sure somebody else who is far more experienced than me will come along with some better advice as i haven't long since done my training and still need to do my case studies. x

Hi Sarah,
Sounds like you havent shook the glue enough, it does have to be shaken for 1min before use. I will put an update out tomorrow reminding everyone.
Thanks x
Thanks Miss C
Cheers
Sarah x

Hi Sarah,
Sounds like you havent shook the glue enough, it does have to be shaken for 1min before use. I will put an update out tomorrow reminding everyone.
Thanks x

to be honest I didn't shake it at all :o
so much to remember
getting all the input from you geeks is great, it's helping me eliminate all the problems I've had
another set tonight, I'll start shaking the bottle now!!!:lol:
might even get some pics on if I ever get a grip!!

cheers lasses
Sarah x

Latest posts

Back