What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kalchis said:
all the other posts make mine sound really selish but im very proud of myself at the moment.

i have a BIG fear of flying and always send my poor hubby off on holiday with his friends because of my fear so i can happily go off to buttlins, but hubby keeps asking, begging and pleading for me to go on a holiday with him. 2 weeks ago i went on the virgin "flying without fear course" and took a 45 minute light, had a major panick attack on the flight and said NEVER AGAIN, but yesterday was my wedding anniversary and wanting to do something special i have got myself a ticket to fly to ibiza in may with hubby as he is going with his sister and some friends. when i told hubby i was going he was smiling from ear to ear:biggrin:. even when we got married i refused to go anywhare so we went to the isle of white for a week.
so at the moment i feel very proud of myself as ive never been able to even get as far as booking a ticket before.
i might even get so use to flying he will be beging me to stay at home so he can go with his friends with out me:lol:

And so you should feel proud. FANTASTIC !!!!!
Ps. I wonder if your hubbies smiles were because of his fantasy of you and he joing the Mile High Club. :Grope:

Well for me what has made me feel proud and not just today............i care for my gran as she is 89 and housebound so yesterday me and my daughter went and did her shopping, then made her lunch, did her some ironing and cleaning!!! But i do that every week, cos her only daughter lives in OZ.................but what makes me proud and fill up is my freinds daughter has Rett's Syndrome and is very ill and on the 1st April 2001 i did a skydive:eek: to help raise money to send her to Disney............i am absolutly terrified of heights, but i jumped out of a plane at 14 1/2 thousand feet and perferated my eardrum in the process................

Amanda

blimey lily , that makes my stomach go wobbly just thinking about it !!, i could never do that , i am such a wuss ,lol

Well what makes me feel proud is when I brighten someone's day. My achievements are so meagre compared to others on this board that they seem too insignificant to mention. But being a member of this board and having such fab and wonderful Geeky mates makes me feel proud - of them at least!

dee said:
blimey lily , that makes my stomach go wobbly just thinking about it !!, i could never do that , i am such a wuss ,lol

I was green when i landed LOL it makes my stomach churn when i watch the video!!!!!!!!!

Whe free fell about 9,000 ft in about 30 seconds, then he pulled the cord:eek:

Amanda

wow a sky dive, you should be very very proud, there's me a gibbering wreck about flying, never mind jumping out the plane:Scared: .
as for my hubby even considering the mile high club, if i get on this flight i think the belt will be staying firmly around me and my fingers will be very firmly attached to the arm rest, so if he wants to join the mile high club he would have to do it with one of his friends (there all male so i dont think that will be happening haha)

errrrrrmmmmm cleaned my rabbit out.
Not very good at this one sorry:rolleyes:

WOW Sweet! I have a son with autism and we are so damn proud of him its not funny! He went from doctors telling us to put him away to today driving, paying his own bills and I think he is slowly turning his bedroom into a aptment. I know how it is crystals(give yourself a pat on the back too) to give up so much and then seeing what they are now, it tells you that you did good! :hug: I am with you its not what I have done so much as what he has done.. I don't know your son but I can tell he is worth being proud of!! Go get them tiger!!

crystals said:
not so much what i have done.. but i have a disabled son he had a swimming accident 3 yrs ago that left him brain damaged, he couldn't walk , talk basically went back to being a baby hes 10 but has the brain of a 3 yr old, he is one in a million he has come on so far never shuts up talking, runs faster than me, he makes me feel so proud of him every single day (hes a star) he still has a long long way to go. but as a family we are so very proud of him......:D

This may sound a little weird, but the thing i feel proud about is the fact my daughter is so cuddly and loving and always tells me she loves me. The reason this makes me so proud is the fact i am not close to my mum at all and never felt i could go to her. I do love her, but more in a "she's my mum so i should" kind of way, rather than "i love her coz i do" kind of way.

My daughter is only 5 but i feel so close to her and have managed to build such agreat relationship with her and so has my hubby. I just feel proud for making her happy. Sounds mundane really compared to other posts, but thats what makes me feel good. That and being a member of such a great community on here.:D

its not mundane hunny its brilliant:biggrin: i wasnt very close to my mum either(she always told us she loved us though) but my son is also really close to both me and his dad , like this morning he cried for 20 minutes coz his dad went to work, and had only gave him a kiss and not a cuddle !!! hence we had to phone daddy and dave sent him a big kiss down the phone :Love: bless,
me and my mate were saying the other day when we take kids to school (theyre only 4) we r the only parents you hear say "love you " before we leave em, some of em dont even kiss the kids which to me is a bit awful reallly,
so you should be very proud hun , at least you know you have a close bond with your daughter :Love: dee xxxx

I was extremely proud of my 14 year old son yesterday - I went to his parents evening and he's in the process of choosing his options for GCSE's - All the subject teachers say he's capable of any but to choose what he likes. He's already doing his french this year (2 years early) and his oral part which has already been submitted his teachers have marked as a high B. (he's a little disapointed because he would have rather got an A!!) He's also on a fast track course for his maths because he is quite advanced!
I'm so flippin proud of him I feel I could burst! This is a child who couldn't talk or understand until he was 6. He really struggled and his social skills were zero. He has aspergers - but to be honest you wouldn't really know now - it's so subtle - but he's very gifted especially in maths and we've talked about his future and he would like to be an accountant.

Suzie.e said:
I was extremely proud of my 14 year old son yesterday - I went to his parents evening and he's in the process of choosing his options for GCSE's - All the subject teachers say he's capable of any but to choose what he likes. He's already doing his french this year (2 years early) and his oral part which has already been submitted his teachers have marked as a high B. (he's a little disapointed because he would have rather got an A!!) He's also on a fast track course for his maths because he is quite advanced!
I'm so flippin proud of him I feel I could burst! This is a child who couldn't talk or understand until he was 6. He really struggled and his social skills were zero. He has aspergers - but to be honest you wouldn't really know now - it's so subtle - but he's very gifted especially in maths and we've talked about his future and he would like to be an accountant.

What fantastic news I wish him ever success and Suzie you must be so proud :Love:

no wonder you feel so proud:D when my son started at nursery the teachers said he "wasnt right !!" as his social skills were pants, anyway hes now at full time school and he is really bright, hes only 4 but hes on his 19th reading book since september which i think is pretty good considering they wanted him to have a special teacher !!!
i am sure your son has a fantastic future ahead of him , xxx

Wow - There are some amazing stories on this thread!!
I felt proud yesterday of myself as I got a credit on my EN Course,
I feel proud of my little girl every day but especially this morning as she said i was her best friend & i felt proud of myself for having such a loving relationship with her - she's only 2&half -bless her xx

I don`t know about every day but today I managed to boil my lads (14 & 16) a dippy egg! and it was Dippy!! not hard or `snotty` as they put it.I too was very proud of my 16 yr old yesterday,he`s in the middle of his mock gcse`s and he came top of the year in physics!! ( must take after his mum lol :D ).

talontedbitch said:
I don`t know about every day but today I managed to boil my lads (14 & 16) a dippy egg! and it was Dippy!! not hard or `snotty` as they put it.I too was very proud of my 16 yr old yesterday,he`s in the middle of his mock gcse`s and he came top of the year in physics!! ( must take after his mum lol :D ).
lol i'm still at the snotty stage

I've been so moved by some of these stories and honestly had to wipe away the odd tear. It's incredible how strong people can be.

The thing I'm really proud of is in 2001 we were told we wouldnt be able to have children, a prospect I found devastating and so hard to come to terms with.

However-thanks to the clever fertility people at Barts Hospital we now have a fantastic little boy whos nearly two - and he's changed our lives so much! The most exhilarating (and exhausting) experience ever!

We're also considering adopting a little brother or sister for him in the next year or two.

Wishing you all a bright and happy future

Love Rebecca xx

Where does the time go? it only feels like yesterday that Kimmi started this thread, and it's nearly a year old. :eek: So with the passing of time going so quickly I booked myself on 4 different beauty courses yesterday, 3 in advanced facial techniques, and finally I have booked myself on the dreaded waxing course :Scared: :Scared: :Scared: ... I've now got to look for willing volunteers that want their bits defuzzled!:rolleyes:

my college kit arrived today and i did a really good nail only on my thumb mind but its great i was really proud of that ...it makes so much difference using "proper" products instead off the nailene rubbish kit ive been using for the last few months
and i was proud when my kit arrived as i realised i did actually get of my bum and start learning something ive wanted to for years :)

hi, i passed my infill,and repair assesment at college today,so im smileing to myself now! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back