What is in your opinion the best shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel84

Reaction score
Professional or just a consumer brand..

I like Redken

I like Tigi hair shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair its fab!!

Sue

I use 'Wella' color preserve at the moment. :D

I love tigi too.....but also love Clynol and Kerestase (have I spelt it right?!!) Oooh was I meant to pick one......ermmmmm I cant!!!! All 3!

i like Sp, lifetex and redken but i recently won some products called Bondi and they are fantastic on my hair not sure where theyre sold tho!

John Frieda Brilliance is my personal fave.

I use bumble and bumble or when flushed I buy Alterna

At home i use tigi

Hi, Goldwell shampoos are beautiful, expensive but rich and beautiful
I also loved one called Avec but I don't know whether its still going :hug:

Hi

Redken and Paul Mitchell for me

so are pro brand shampoos very much different from supermarket ones ?

so are pro brand shampoos very much different from supermarket ones ?

Hi, good question but I really don't know
as I always have loads of professional stuff at home too ,
maybe you should ring and ask Wella or Loreal
sorry I cant be of more help :hug: x

actually hundreds of shampoos were tested recently. and the one that came out top??? tesco's own cornsilk and wheatgerm!! i can't remember how much it is but it is really nice. i use the conditioner and it's 57p!! it smells lovely and works really well. i always used kerastase and it cost me £13 for shampoo and £16 for conditioner and i prefer the cornsilk and wheatgerm!

Joico silk result shampoo and conditioner is gorgeous - smells nice, and my hair is super shiny.

actually hundreds of shampoos were tested recently. and the one that came out top??? tesco's own cornsilk and wheatgerm!! i can't remember how much it is but it is really nice. i use the conditioner and it's 57p!! it smells lovely and works really well. i always used kerastase and it cost me £13 for shampoo and £16 for conditioner and i prefer the cornsilk and wheatgerm!

thats very interesting.
in the nail world there is a considerable difference in pro and public products.
maybe there is not such a huge difference in the hair sector.

thats very interesting.
in the nail world there is a considerable difference in pro and public products.
maybe there is not such a huge difference in the hair sector.

Hi, everybody has to wash and condition their hair between salon visits ,
a bit like hand cream and nail polish,

As professionals we would advise our clients (nail and hair) to use only professional products .

In a hairdressing salon you will only ever see professional products
because these are made to go hand in hand with the professional systems that they use.

They are specially designed to work together to balance out the PH system of the hair ,
especially after a colour or treatment ect ,

As you know we try to encourage all clients (nail and hair) to use professional products in between salon visits,

A hairdresser would not use a supermarket product in a salon ,
and I don't think anyone will ever see that happen ,

its just like we would not use a supermarket nail polish in a nail bar .

A lot of hairdressers will only ever use professional products because they have been specially designed with the professional in mind by top professional manufactures to go with their products,

when using any professional product we always follow the manufactures instructions ,
We trust these top professional manufactures of hair products
to give hairdressers the very best in hair care ,
if we didn't get good results then we wouldn't be using it,

You may find a lot of Hairdressers cannot compare against supermarket brands because a lot of Hairdressers just don't use supermarket brands,

just as professionals wouldn't use supermarket brands for nail polish brands or hand creams ect

Professional products (nail or hair) are designed with professionals in mind
and we trust them to do a good professional job for us.

hope this helps :hug: x

Last edited:
I love Joico Bodylux shampoo and conditioner..i only use it a few times a week other wise its to heavy on my hair. I also used Goldwell, or Toni and Guy (the conditioner is great)

I like the sebastian shampoo's. My local hair salon uses it and I love it. I think it's called laminates, I always love my hair when I have washed it with that. The only problem is that if a salon local to you uses it, they won't let you use it, apparently.

I know it was advertised in this months Elle too.

I like the aveda range of shampoo's although they are expensive they are well worth the money.

I like tigi and loreal professional shampoos. That bondi is realy nice and not expensive ether. My local wholesalors do it I especialy like the bright pink protein boost one smells just like cherry and almonds and doesnt make my scalp itch which is a bonus!!!:)

Latest posts

Back