What is the lowest age you would do nails on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

I was just wondering what is the minimum age you would do nail extensions?
Do you think 12 is too young?

Morning Geeks

I think so yes but that might be just me. Just make sure you get parental consent

yes i think its too young, my daughter is almost 14 and still think thats too young she just wouldnt look after them, and nor would her friends the same age

i think 15 at a push really, and a sensible 15 yr old at that

Morning Geeks

I dont think your insurance will cover doing nail extensions on a 12 year old , but please check !

I do think its to younge. Ive had emails from parents who are wanting there daughters nails done as younge as 9 !! yes 9 !!!

I sent them a polite email back stating insurance etc.. and got a nasty reply back :sad:

I dont think your insurance will cover doing nail extensions on a 12 year old , but please check !

I do think its to younge. Ive had emails from parents who are wanting there daughters nails done as younge as 9 !! yes 9 !!!

I sent them a polite email back stating insurance etc.. and got a nasty reply back :sad:

9!!! That's shocking!! Far too young, they've still only got little baby fingers at that age :)

If you have a search on this subject there are loads of threads with some great advice :hug:

Have a word with your insurers, as they may have a minimum age limit for treatments.

hi there

i think 12 is a bit young to be getting acrylic or gel on there nails as like some people have said, theyre not going to want to look after them properly! maybe for like a couple of days, but when the novelty wears off, they start looking for bits to pick off :(

ive had a few mums come to me for nail treatments and theyre young or teenage daughter has tagged along and they often ask their mums if they can get the same as what mums getting lol! i find this flattering that they want to look like mum, so i keep stick on nails, you know the ones with the wee sticky pads and you pop them on, and they last 2 days or so! :D

I will also pop some little gems etc on them or do some free hand nail art to keep them sweet! And of course explaining to them that acrylic can ruin nails if not properly looked after, and to see how they like the falsies first!!

When mums come back, they will say, the falsies only lasted a day lol! she got bored and took them off! :D

so i think it just depends on your clients, if they persist in their daughters having acrylic nails on, then its at your discretion to do them, and obv advise on maintence and upkeep. you can always say no.

hope this helps, but the falsies are a fab way of pretending that you have nails lol x

I myself wouldnt do childrens nails. I have done 2 sets for my sister and within days she picked them off as they annoyed her! I should of realised after the first set I did!. She is nearly 14.

I dont think they realise the importance of proper aftercare and not to just pick them off. You will only get the parents whinging at you afterwards.

x x

i think 12 is to young probs would do on 15-16 for proms

Latest posts

Back