What is the most sought after treatment in the industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
I was going to do this as a poll, but could not for the life of me fathem how to do it, so will have to do it as a normal thread.
Ok many of us offer lots of different treatment and would all like to expand on the treatments we do. We hear so much about different treatments that us therapists want to do them, but what do the clients want.

Now i offer waxing, intermite waxing, mani, peds, faciels, and massage. My main clientel is for waxing, some peds. What would you say is your biggest seller and what treatments do you offer?

This would help many of us contemplating taken on a new treatment line. Tanning seems to be a biggy or is it, are people still turning to the old sun bed. Coloured nail extensions are they more asked for than the traditional french.

SPRAY TAN is def my main earner... As i can do 10-15 tans (if it was a party) in the space of the time i can do a set of enhancements. 5-10x the money!

hth

I was going to do this as a poll, but could not for the life of me fathem how to do it, so will have to do it as a normal thread.
Ok many of us offer lots of different treatment and would all like to expand on the treatments we do. We hear so much about different treatments that us therapists want to do them, but what do the clients want.

Now i offer waxing, intermite waxing, mani, peds, faciels, and massage. My main clientel is for waxing, some peds. What would you say is your biggest seller and what treatments do you offer?

This would help many of us contemplating taken on a new treatment line. Tanning seems to be a biggy or is it, are people still turning to the old sun bed. Coloured nail extensions are they more asked for than the traditional french.

I offer everything you do Jenny along with Hot Stone massage which is popular and tanning which is very popular still. I think the sunbeds are being used less as more and more information is printed about the aspects of safety using the tanning beds, especially in younger skins.

Waxing is my main treatment with male waxing being the most popular at the moment. My facials have died a death really.. but saying that I have had 3 book in over the next couple of week and not had any for weeks now, maybe thats the time of the year.. or as discussed in a previous thread, the product I offer which is not a big market brand. I hardly do any l&p nails these days but I do do a lot of natural nail care which I love.

Massage is always popular with both male and female clients and maybe I will do further training in this at some stage for remedial or sports massage. I am not sure really... the hot stones give a more deep massage than my normal body massage. I like to add essentials oils and since my training last year I am getting more relaxed about using the oils within my treatments if the clients desires them.

Another popular treatment is eyelash and brow tinting... this is a nice service to offer. Plus the hopi ear candles... they are always appreciated. :eek:

Up until about a month ago I offered everything. However I did not do loads of anything really apart from waxing and tanning. waxing is where my heart is, and its a real passion on mine so ive been yo yoing with the idea of just doing that. it took me a long time to finally make my decision and im glad i did as it works.

i would wax 24/7 and i do pretty much and i love it. i service my existing clients with previous treatments that i offered and all new clients its just waxing and tanning.

ive just spent a vast amount of money re structuring and getting it right and the dividends are showing already. ive kept my old logo as i love it but had all my salon stationary revamped and its pretty damn good. just waiting for it all to be delivered.

i know that i have made the right decision and my clients love it as well.

Waxing(which i offer),spray tanning(which i am training in) ,massage(which i offer) and nail enhancements(which i am training in) seem to popular and most sought after during a recent survey in one of the magazines...i get alot asking after massage and waxing and some manicures and pedicures but mainly waxing & massage

Waxing is probably my bread & butter money, and after that I do a lot of facials, pedicures, aromatherapy & remedial massage. Personally I like the variety of the work & can't bear doing one thing all day. Today I've been waxing non-stop from 9.30 in the morning until 6.00pm with no break & I'd be happy never to see another wax pot again! Can't stand slaving over a hot wax pot in weather like this! However, tomorrow is a bit more varied with a couple of CACI's, a facial, some tinting, waxing & a manicure & pedicure; much better!

I wax all day long (mainly men). I try to fit in some permanent make up when I can as I love doing it and see it as creative.

I was bloody hot yesterday and today. I should be as thin as a rake but I ain't. I will be soon I hope. xxx

I was bloody hot yesterday and today. I should be as thin as a rake but I ain't. I will be soon I hope. xxx

I've shed pounds in the last few days whilst waxing up a storm in my clinic! It must be bad as one of my clients brought me some biscuits in as she was worried I was going to disappear if I lost any more weight!!

I wax all day long (mainly men). I try to fit in some permanent make up when I can as I love doing it and see it as creative.

I had to have my cooler on last night and today... I bet you are sweltering in your studio Kim? Does your window open? I can't bare this humidity. :hug:

It is awful when the weather is humid, I do have a fan but when I leave work I look like a cavewoman, hair is stuck to my head and all make up is off, not a good advert for my business!

When I leave work I look like a cavewoman, hair is stuck to my head and all make up is off, not a good advert for my business!

I'm glad I'm not alone here! I'm the only one who comes out the salon looking worse coming out than when I went in! This evening when I left I was sweating, my hair was a mess & I had foot mask on my trousers that I had managed to spill during a pedicure - I looked like some manky old hobo! I sneak out in case anyone sees me & thinks that's what happens when you have a treatment in my clinic!

Latest posts

Back