What is the point of Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'm moving closer :D

Loool come over to the dark side young Juicy xxx :D

TBH, even if you just buy 2 or 3 colours and top coat just to try out on yourself your not going to lose out financially because of the fab price, it wont break the bank.

BTW just to de-rail this thread for the moment , I've got my first re-booking, a lady liked me so much shes come back for more WOO! HOO!, I'm sooo happy :D:D:D

I've used Grape Gum for stamping over white. Worked well!

I am the world's worst retailer but I've already sold some today along with some solar oil - they just sell themselves :D

I've used Grape Gum for stamping over white. Worked well!

I sold all of my konad stamps before i did my training, so regret it now :sad:

I only got 3 colours to try and love it and I am sporting Vinylux on my toes today x

I think Vinylux is brilliant! I love Shellac, Gelish, and Gelcolor, but honestly I get tired of the color after 3-4 days. I have 4 children and don't always have the time to redo my nails. Also, getting out my equipment without my 2 year old getting into it is hard. Vinylux is for the client or nail tech who wants to change up their nail look every week or couple of days in my case. I normally cannot wear normal polish as it starts to chip hours after I apply it. So far, I'm on day 3 and my Vinylux still looks like I just applied it. No chips, dull finish etc. I'll probably change it up in the next day or two and it will only take me 15 minutes to do it vs 1 hour. Clients will love it for the same reasons!

What a fab idea!!! I was questioning whether Vinylux would be something my clients would be interested as I am a Shellac girl through and through and so are a majority of my clients,...
So I never thought I'd stock Vinylux...
But...
I never thought to use it on myself!!!
I change my Shellac EVERY WEEK as in my second job in a bank I want my customers to comment on how different my nails are each time I'm in (I only do two days a week there)...
Using Vinylux will be a massive bonus due to the reasons you have brought to my attention...
Easy removal, faster application and my 4 year old won't be delving into my kit...
Can't believe I didn't click on to that!!! Duh!!!

Another thing you can do is to donate partly used bottles of polish to nursing homes, homes for the elderly etc ... They love to get them ... Old ladies still have their feminine side too! :)

That it a really wonderful idea. I treated a facial client until recently in a Home and she said how wonderful it was when they came round & did their nails. I know where my salon used OPI stock is going as soon as I can get some Vinylux!

I put the polishes I used to use up for sale with proceeds going to the hospice where I volunteer - up to £35 so far and any not sold will go to the day care centre at the hospice for use on patients.

I can tell you they will not be doing any mini bottles of Shellac. They are mini enough and one service pays for a bottle. It is up to us to make colours popular with clients. CND are right on trend with colour so its not difficult.

In business life, you cannot have guarantees that clients will automatically like something or that you can trial it first; it is up to you as the sales therapist to encourage and to offer things to clients that they wouldn't necessarily choose without a bit of persuasion.

Most of my clients most of the time don't want to make decisions ... They leave it to me to make suggestions; that is why I am behind the desk, that is what I am trained to do and what I am good at ..... Our role is not to Just DO nails .. We wear many many hats behind that desk and knowing our colours and client preferences and what is fashionable etc is vital.

Wow, I only asked if Cnd would be selling mini bottles of Vinylux. I didn't expect a 'how to run a business' lecture or a job description thanks. I am well aware of the cost and profit margins on Shellac -but that wasn't my question.

I understand clients do not automatically like something that is why I thought that mini bottles of Shellac would be a good call. It's great for smaller salons who want the whole range of shellac for their clients to try ( of course with my input as to what colours, fashions etc would suit the client and their lifestyle because that is what I am trained to do! ) plus it does give us the opportunity to trial something first - why not?? Many businesses run trials before they buy into the whole system.

To get back on track:

Another point of Vinylux; night time mani/pedi and NO sheet marks in the a.m. My Tutti Frutti toes are super shiny and not a sheet mark to be seen! :D

I'm just baffled how the techs think they're going to wear vinylux and its going to stay perfect even after all the shellac wrap offs they'll do? At the end of the day it's still just polish and I can't see how that's going to withstand all the wear and tear that a techs nails go through.

Also are people selling the vinylux to just anyone? If the person has very dry nails then I would worry that it would stain as there is no basecoat. Techs also appear to be selling it without scrubfresh or cuticle away which we are told is essential before a vinylux application so I would worry that it's not going to last and that your customers won't be happy.

I hope it works out but I think people have just jumped onto the bandwagon without thinking things through properly. Just my opinion and I know ill get slated for this.

I'm just baffled how the techs think they're going to wear vinylux and its going to stay perfect even after all the shellac wrap offs they'll do? At the end of the day it's still just polish and I can't see how that's going to withstand all the wear and tear that a techs nails go through.

Also are people selling the vinylux to just anyone? If the person has very dry nails then I would worry that it would stain as there is no basecoat. Techs also appear to be selling it without scrubfresh or cuticle away which we are told is essential before a vinylux application so I would worry that it's not going to last and that your customers won't be happy.

I hope it works out but I think people have just jumped onto the bandwagon without thinking things through properly. Just my opinion and I know ill get slated for this.

Are people saying it is for techs to wear? I won't be wearing it on my fingers, but I can certainly put it on my toes.

Proper P.E.P is going to enhance the wearability of any nail polish, not just Vinylux. It has been designed to not need the base coat, and dry nails need Solar Oil.

Personally don't know how anyone sees Vinylux as anything but fab!

- Quick dry time
- Great colour selection
- Massive retail opportunity
- Shellac touch ups
- Matching toes to Shellac fingers
- Colour for use over enhancements

I see where you are coming from waffle4 and of course as Vinylux is a polish then it is impractical for us techs to wear it when we do so many removals. I tried wearing gloves yesterday but trust me that doesn't work with the sticky CND wraps lol :o

I doubt CND would bring out a product that requires no,basecoat if they hadn't tested it on every kind of nail imaginable and solved the staining problem, staining can still happen even with basecoat though ;)

Where Vinylux comes into it's own for me is with toes, it is set in 8.5 minutes !! No lamp required. I did a pedi yesterday and it took me less time what with no basecoat, and no curing time and after the 8.5 mins my client could put her socks on. Result!

As for retail, I will hang fire on that and see what my clients want, and when/if mini Scrubfresh and removers are available to retail I may make up a polish pack to sell.
That said clients can dehydrate their own nails with acetone or an acetone based remover, not as good as Scrubfresh but will still do the job. My clients don't like painting their own nails though, that's what they pay me for, so again I am not buying in any for retail yet.

Yes I agree actually toes is a really good idea with this. I've got ridged toenails so usually use BL smoothing gel. Could I use vinylux over this? Would I need to finish the whole smoothing gel application with BL topcoat before launching straight into the vinylux or would I put the vinylux over the smoothing gel inhibition layer (without BL topcoat)? Thanks x

I believe this could be the answer to a lot of my clients problems. I have a lot of nurses who like the colours but aren't allowed them for work, if they have a few days holiday they are a bit put off by the removal of gelish, so this will be great as they can remove themselves, with still getting a little pamper when it's applied! So excited!

I believe this could be the answer to a lot of my clients problems. I have a lot of nurses who like the colours but aren't allowed them for work, if they have a few days holiday they are a bit put off by the removal of gelish, so this will be great as they can remove themselves, with still getting a little pamper when it's applied! So excited!

Me too, Vinylux is perfect for these clients, the 8.5 minute dry time just makes a polish manicure so much less stressful, and the client can remove her colour at any time...win win!

I can't believe the response I've had to Vinylux - it's selling itself retail wise and bringing in new clients for non shellac manis and pedis that I've never had before!!! I absolutely love this stuff!

I'm ashamed to say I was one of the pessimistic ones when I first heard about it but wow was I wrong!!! But then again why would CND bring out anything that wasn't going to wow us!!! My only mistake was not stocking up at the event!!

x

I have just applied vinylux over BL smoothing gel, can anyone tell me what the correct procedure is for using this in conjunction with vinylux. ps I was eating a packet if crisps 10 mins after application love it ! 😄

I have just applied vinylux over BL smoothing gel, can anyone tell me what the correct procedure is for using this in conjunction with vinylux. ps I was eating a packet if crisps 10 mins after application love it ! 😄

Correct procedure has been mentioned at least twice in every Vinylux thread on the forum :) have a read over xx

Latest posts

Back