What is the stupidest thing you have done for someone you love?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handmaiden

Reaction score
come on peeps, cheer me up, give me a giggle,

I want to know what the stupidest thing is that you have done for your loved one, only to realise how silly it actually was when they dropped you like a hot rock!

I will start....... about 3 months ago Michael told me he loved peircings, so silly old me said I had my ears pierced:lol:.......not what he was thinking lmao!! so about a month ago off I trotted to the tattoo place and got two piercings , I will spare the gory details of the whereabouts of them:o. all was ok until the other day, when we split up.Now I am feeling a complete idiot for going and getting them done,cos I didn't even like them!!! the things we do for love eh! xx

and yes...I have now removed them lol

I was in my teens, when I got the old ''if you love me you would'' :rolleyes: so I did, only to realise very soon after that I didnt love him.

That was the last time I ever did anything against my own wishes for anyone else, love or not..if they loved you they wouldnt expect you to.

BTW. I have a lot of piercings and I love them all, tho my partner is not to impressed with the nose stud he loves the rest :lol:, but they were there before he was ..

Good tag line BTW..

When i moved to Dundee for uni i missed my boyfriend of 3yrs like crazy. One weekend i begged him to visit me and he said he had no cash to get up etc so i transferred £150 into his account (remember i was a poor student but i was lonely for my boyfriend!).

4hrs later i called him to ask why i hadn't heard from him yet and all i could hear was his friends laughing and a pub atmosphere! The git had taken my money and went out to the pub.

Me being enraged by this jumped on the last bus to Glasgow to confront him, got a taxi to his home which i knew he wasn't in but i hoped his mum would order him home (cringe) she just laughed at my patheticness! So i had to get a taxi back to Glasgow centre pay out £100 for a hotel for the night as there were no more busses and i cried myself to sleep - not before one last ditch attempt call to my boyfriend offering him sex in the hotel if he came to meet me (i was desperate!)!

Yes i sound pathetic but i truly loved this guy and we had been together for ages. I never did see my money again or him!!!

So i bet none of you feel so pathetic now do you!!! I'm great to have around you can't feel stupid around me as i will always have did something worse!

My wife and I have had matching tatoos done on our shoulder blades..tribal art sort of stuff...but only a half design each..me on my right and her on her left..so when were on the beach at the bar we have to make sure were standing next to each other the right sides as that then makes a complete design...bit silly but also cool.:lol::lol:

Thats not the funny thing though as the tatooist was telling us when he was doing us that a young in love couple came in one day and they (more her than him) wanted to have each others name tatooed on them..

Well silly girl she went first and had "George" tatooed somewhere suitable on her....having got up so George could sit to be done she was horrified when George simply got up and walked out of the building telling her didnt want to go out with her anymore.

Now I dont know if this is true but makes a good story:lol::lol::lol:

i wouldnt do anything involving pain for anyone wether i love em or not , haha ,
ooh forgot i had 2 kids so that goes out the window :lol:,

the most stupidest thing i did was for my uselss ex , he was a right scum bag , and my mum had got me a beautiful gold bangle for passing my hairdressing course , and a gold chain for my 18th and he was skint so i pawned em !! :smack: thank god i got em back though but not before my poor mum sussed out why i wasnt wearing em !!
gawd i cringe at how much stuff i did for him , i wouldnt have minded but he wasnt exactly "good " if you know wot i mean so couldnt even compensate with that , :lol::lol::lol:

I shall be watching this thread with interest!

My answer is....

'plenty of unmentionable things' :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
i wouldnt do anything involving pain for anyone wether i love em or not , haha

I cannot tell you the pain that I felt, it was unbelievable and I came close to assulting the poor girl lmao xx

i gave up my nurse training (with six months to go) to get a full time job so that he could complete his degree in computer programing , he's now a train conductor go figure ? x:smack:

Had a baby at 16...coz he liked kids :eek:
Ok I'm joking,....of course thats not really why,

But I did at the age of about 14. carve his name into my arm with the blade out of a razor not once.......BUT TWICE !!!!
STUPID STUPID STUPID !!!!!.
Its still there, but can only see it faintly...

I have done many a silly thing...really head bang against the wall stuff...
Just allowing myself to be walked all over, and then reversed all over.

But luckily I learned my lesson a few years ago...and I will NEVER do anything for a man,
Everything I do, will be for No 1 and my girls....

Ok I do the day to day stuff,....But if he is gunna stick around, then he does his fair share too ...end of!!! lol

Why does it take us so long to learn these lessons though!! I don't think I'll ever learn.

I've been married to my hubby for sixteen years this year but about nine years ago we split up.... for seven years!! yes, you heard it 'seven years'. A couple of years ago he started begging me to give it another go. So I did, he was living with someone at the time though. I know... shouldn't have got involved but am STUPID! Anyway.. after months and months of upset.. I sold my house, made £70,000 and moved in with him with our daughter. Then paid off £50,000 of loans, credit cards etc., paid for holiday, finished decorating house etc., to find out that he had been seeing his ex behind my back for the first six months of being back together!! Go figure......

heres another stupid thing I did......
I got married at 17 to martines dad because he had asked me and I couldnt face hurting his feelings:smack:. it cost about £15000 and lasted less than a year. :o
ooohhh to think what better things I could have spent that dosh on lol

i was with a bloke for 5 years i went for a tatoo on shoulder tweety pie but had howie wrote above it then found out 4 weeks later that he was sleeping with :irked: his best mates wife for 8 month before
i was heart broke went a bit mentel and smashed his car up ect :hug: as well as other things lesson learnt been on my own since
i went totally out of charictar never again

come on peeps, cheer me up, give me a giggle,

I want to know what the stupidest thing is that you have done for your loved one, only to realise how silly it actually was when they dropped you like a hot rock!

I will start....... about 3 months ago Michael told me he loved peircings, so silly old me said I had my ears pierced:lol:.......not what he was thinking lmao!! so about a month ago off I trotted to the tattoo place and got two piercings , I will spare the gory details of the whereabouts of them:o. all was ok until the other day, when we split up.Now I am feeling a complete idiot for going and getting them done,cos I didn't even like them!!! the things we do for love eh! xx

and yes...I have now removed them lol

Hire an industrial magnet and let it hover over his front door .......

Does getting married twice count???:lol::eek:

Ha ha ha... how about getting married twice and then after splitting up with second husband, getting back together with him after seven years of blissfull separation! Doh!

You'd have thought I'd have run... run as fast as I could! We live and learn... LOL

Latest posts

Back