What is the worst thing you did at school?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always had a real objection to "collective punishments" where the whole class had to stay behind late after school etc if a few people were misbehaving.

So when our form teacher made the whole class pick up litter during break time, I ended up creating a rather libellous news-sheet called "The Campaigner" which basically said how unfair it was that the whole class had to pick up litter when it was only a few people who had been messing about.

Anyway, the news-sheet found its way to the Headmaster, who burst into the English lesson I was in and made me go to his office straight away for a right ticking off! In fact my parents had to come in, it was that serious!

That's probably the biggest indiscretion I've ever committed at school!!!

I always had a real objection to "collective punishments" where the whole class had to stay behind late after school etc if a few people were misbehaving.

So when our form teacher made the whole class pick up litter during break time, I ended up creating a rather libellous news-sheet called "The Campaigner" which basically said how unfair it was that the whole class had to pick up litter when it was only a few people who had been messing about.

Anyway, the news-sheet found its way to the Headmaster, who burst into the English lesson I was in and made me go to his office straight away for a right ticking off! In fact my parents had to come in, it was that serious!

That's probably the biggest indiscretion I've ever committed at school!!!

Awh Ruth.. I'm disappointed in you... I thought you'd have been much naughtier than that LOL

Looks like you should have been a Politician!!! :lol:

Awh Ruth.. I'm disappointed in you... I thought you'd have been much naughtier than that LOL

Looks like you should have been a Politician!!! :lol:

LOL, the nurse at the hospital where I was born told my mum that she had a "Future Prime Minister"!

Not a fan of politics though - all talk and no action if you ask me!

I *was* rather naughty in primary school (I must admit I was rather "goody goody" on the whole at secondary school) - but a lot of that was due to boredom at primary school - whereas I found secondary school a *lot* more interesting intellectually. The naughtiest thing I did in *primary* school was probably inventing rude songs and then handing them out nicely typed out on coloured paper...

LOL, the nurse at the hospital where I was born told my mum that she had a "Future Prime Minister"!

Not a fan of politics though - all talk and no action if you ask me!

I *was* rather naughty in primary school (I must admit I was rather "goody goody" on the whole at secondary school) - but a lot of that was due to boredom at primary school - whereas I found secondary school a *lot* more interesting intellectually. The naughtiest thing I did in *primary* school was probably inventing rude songs and then handing them out nicely typed out on coloured paper...

Ha ha ha... I LOVE it!!.. God, I'd pay good money to read those typed rude songs!!

I should have known you were a bit of a swot though... especially when you get into your computer talk.... I love it, but I have no clue what you're on about :lol:

Ha ha ha... I LOVE it!!.. God, I'd pay good money to read those typed rude songs!!

I should have known you were a bit of a swot though... especially when you get into your computer talk.... I love it, but I have no clue what you're on about :lol:

Oh yes, LOL you just made me think of something... a bit of a blast from the past... there used to be an advert on telly for gas cookers called the "Superswop 6"... needless to say I ended up as one of the "Superswot 6" in secondary school!

The rude songs were *very* precocious though - looking back in hindsight, it makes me laugh when I figured out that some of the rhyming in them actually had double-entendres that I didn't realise at the time!!!

Excellent thread :lol:,I remember letting off a stink bomb in class and getting a rollocking off of the teacher, and was called out in assembly later for doing it by the headmaster ...how embarrassing, and then got sent home to get changed because I wasnt wearing uniform.:rolleyes:

Oh - and there was a rather unfortunate flatulent episode in the middle of a craft, design & technology lesson too that the teacher was none too amused about - although that was quite accidental really ;)

My dad used to make home-made wine and always had bottles and bottles of the stuff everywhere. My older sister thought she'd take a couple of bottles to school for her friends to try using her little sister (me) to carry them .............2 bottles hidden inside my coat whilst walking past the headmasters office and they slipped!!! 2 smashed bottles of wine right outside his door - 2 girls seen running down the corridor!!!
My dad still jokes about 'the only school that had wine at the dinner table'.:lol:

We were horrendous at school - I wouldn't like to say!

I plead the 5th ;)

You lot are hilarious!!

I can't actually remember doing anything really terrible apart from bunking off school the majority of the final year. I used to pretend to my parents that I didn't have the normal hours due to exams and stuff so my mum would go off to work at 9.30 under the impression I would be getting the next bus to school and then when my dad came home for lunch I would either hide under the bed for nearly an hour or go to my friends who also skipped school !

The school thought I was actually ill most of the time as my friends mum used to call up for me and pretend I was :eek: at one stage id been off for something like 7 weeks on the trot and when I finally decided to go back my tutor insisted I provide a docs note (they thought id had glandular fever) Id been off twice in year 10 for this so it was believable. I actually faked a doctors note on the pc and hoped to god they believed it, which they did !!!

Thats about it really, I can't remember doing anything really awful.

I can't actually remember doing anything really terrible apart from bunking off school the majority of the final year. I used to pretend to my parents that I didn't have the normal hours due to exams and stuff so my mum would go off to work at 9.30 under the impression I would be getting the next bus to school and then when my dad came home for lunch I would either hide under the bed for nearly an hour or go to my friends who also skipped school !

The school thought I was actually ill most of the time as my friends mum used to call up for me and pretend I was :eek: at one stage id been off for something like 7 weeks on the trot and when I finally decided to go back my tutor insisted I provide a docs note (they thought id had glandular fever) Id been off twice in year 10 for this so it was believable. I actually faked a doctors note on the pc and hoped to god they believed it, which they did !!!

Thats about it really, I can't remember doing anything really awful.

Oh My God.. you're gas!!.... I love that you think you didn't do anything too awful, but you bunked off for that long PMSL!!! :lol::lol:

I did the same as you on my poor Dad when I bunked off Maths class (first and last time to do it),.. when he came home early and I hid in the wardrobe.

He was calling up the stairs "is anyone here" and I was afraid to breath and was convinced he'd have a heart attack if he opened the wardrobe.

Thank God I heard him getting his golf clubs and off he went, so I never bunked off again:lol:

I went to a terrifying all girl's boarding school where physical and mental abuse was par for the course. I was way too scared to play up! This was the 70's though and teaching was more akin to army basic training than to education.
That said, I was bullied incessantly for 2 years by one particular girl (whose father was the captain of the QE2 and really ought to have known better), and despite repeated requests for help, the teachers just told me to turn the other cheek. She hit me one day around the face with a lacrosse stick and I flipped. I managed somehow to grab her hair either side of her face and brought her head down on my knee, breaking her nose.
I almost got expelled for it, but my parents could prove that they (and I) had reported her bullying many times and the school had done nothing about it.
Interestingly she was expelled the next term because she got pregnant by the laundry boy!

I went to a terrifying all girl's boarding school where physical and mental abuse was par for the course. I was way too scared to play up! This was the 70's though and teaching was more akin to army basic training than to education.
That said, I was bullied incessantly for 2 years by one particular girl (whose father was the captain of the QE2 and really ought to have known better), and despite repeated requests for help, the teachers just told me to turn the other cheek. She hit me one day around the face with a lacrosse stick and I flipped. I managed somehow to grab her hair either side of her face and brought her head down on my knee, breaking her nose.
I almost got expelled for it, but my parents could prove that they (and I) had reported her bullying many times and the school had done nothing about it.
Interestingly she was expelled the next term because she got pregnant by the laundry boy!
well done you !! the 70 s education system i was unlucky enough to have been educated in was also like a cross between tom browns school days and KES !!

Nope nothing to report I was a girly swot !!! However I did have the audacity to divorce my first husband and my younger twin sisters gave his dad a load of grief because he was their metal work teacher !!!

My other younger sister viki was an absolute terror and threw a chair at a teacher, and one day shot her mouth off once to often and got an absolute kicking! I got called into the headmasters office to see her and boy was she a mess but true to form I phoned my older taller sister and we waylaid her attacker on her way home ....... did not beat her just gave her a talking to..........

to be honest probably been in more trouble since I left school !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back