What little extra's do you offer your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquariushoney

Reaction score
I was just wondering, how does everyone make their clients feel really special?

What little thing do you do that sets you apart from other salons?

What things have clients commented on that they really like?

I have an electric blanket on my treatment bed.
Also, my bed is quite long, stble and wide - perfect for men and bigger ladies. They feel comfortable and secure, and arn't scared they won't fall off the bed.
Also, I use fresh towels rather than paper when waxing.

What do you do??

Donna :)

Also, I know a lot of salons offer loyalty programs to their clients.
What does your loyalty program offer and how does it work?

I don't really offer anything special... but I do treat each of my clients like they are the most important person. I believe that having a close relationship with your clients helps to build trust and loyalty.

Yes I agree, your customers pay your wages, so treat them like ROYALTY!

I don't do extra's as such but i do take note of different clients preference in drinks / music products etc so that when they come in they have a drink they'll enjoy and good music and they feel special because i remembered and don't keep asking them.

I just note it all down on the back of their client cards.

xxx

i bought a lovely fleece blanket to go on my couch when i do a body massage ...my clients feel really comfortable and at ease with it's softness...it's huggable so a few has commented to me .

j x

Eye pack and mini eye treatment with eyebrow wax, brow tint and lash tint.

Free toe or nail paint if they have a mani or pedi so their nails match or I give them the nail varnish I used as a gift along with the file and the pedi rasp. I only use one per client anyway so give them to them in a gift bag after the treatment.

I exfoliate legs prior to waxing and then do a mini massage after using the after wax oil.

During facial whilst mask is on I do scalp, foot or hand massage. I also wash the clients feet in a wooden bowl with lavender etc to relax the client before massage or facials. The clients love it!

Provide mineral make up application after facials for the vainer of the clients.

Provide freshening wipes, disposable pants etc for waxing/tanning.

Also been known to shove the foot spa under the nail desk for clients having nail extensions, especially during hot weather!

Kate x

Bottle of mineral water at the end of each treatment and a loyalty programme, 10 treatments get one free.

may sound funny but as a mobile hair and beauty therapist i have different thing that make them feel good espeshaly my older clients i will hoover up hair after me rather than leav it to them. and do small things for them make them a drink answere ther phone and door i know it sounds silly but sometimes im the only person they see for days and i become a freind as well as there hairdresser or beauty therapist, i was always taught to give the foot rasp and file to my clients i stock mini bottels of all my big varnashis and give them one of them as well, it's the littel things that make a big differens to your clients.

how do you work your loyalty scheme? (looking for ideas for the wife's salon) what if you had supplied ten different priced treatments?

I do a loyalty card scheme, 9 visits (not treatments!) and they can have a treatment on their 10th visit, that is the average cost of their previous visits. If that makes sense. So basically I add up the value of their total treatments over 9 visits and divide it by 9.

Often find that people have their free treatment and then pay for an additional treatment as a treat for themselves.

I don't do many 'extras' as such, because I do monthly special offers. Although I do thread people's toes as part of my pedicure, which they love:lol:

my clients mainly comment on the fact that we take care with them,
we r chatty, and make sure they r happy...
ive worked out that more than anythiing people dont like to be rushed out the door, and to feel like they r in a conveyor belt.
i make sure i leave enough time to do a consultation, and always offer an assortment of drinks (on a tray with a biccie!)
i love fresh flowers and scented candles,
i also offer a loyalty card, but i think a good, relaxing atmosphere deffo gets clients coming back, as there r so many protentious salons out there......
its deffo the little things that keep people coming back
xxxxxx

Last edited:
These are all great ideas!

as already mentioned, I jot things down on the back of their consultation card, so refer to it when they come back.

I also treat them as VIP'S, have a scented candle and a heated blanket on the bed. I check that they are warm enough.

I do special treatments every month, I put a money off voucher in my monthly newsletters.

I have a heated blanket and my clients love this. It also give me the oportunity to keep the room cooler so aids my comfort too.

I don't overlap clients ... I always have time to do a thougher treatment and make them feel very special. I have clients who tell me they love coming to see me as they feel they can really relax and its like coming to see a friend.

During holistic treatments I use scented candles and intimate lighting.

I treat everyone as an indiviual, and like what has been said before I know how all my clients take their teas and coffee's or those that prefer to have just water.

During facials I offer a hand or foot massage while the masque is taking.

I wrap clients feet with warm towels while having any couch treatment if they are prone to cold feet. They particularly like this added touch.

I think importantly also ,well certainly to my clients, is being laid back and someone they can chat freely with....
ive heard so many stories from ladies about the salons they wont go back to because the therapist was 'looking down her nose' and unchatty!!!
i always make sure we have a giggle!!!
sometimes they want a bit of an agony aunt, but this just gives you a chance to make them feel even better with some optimism!!! lol xxx

definetly approachability. I hate going somewhere and the receptionist or the therapist looks down their nose at me! I'm the same at restaurants too.

I am professional, but (I hope) warm and friendly. I know when to talk AND when to shut up.

I think going on a counselling course really helped me know what was sympathy, empathy and self indulgence too, as some clients really open up when they have their treatments.

The funniests thing is when a client sees you out of work, when you are wearing your civvies!!!

definetly approachability. I hate going somewhere and the receptionist or the therapist looks down their nose at me! I'm the same at restaurants too.

I am professional, but (I hope) warm and friendly. I know when to talk AND when to shut up.

I think going on a counselling course really helped me know what was sympathy, empathy and self indulgence too, as some clients really open up when they have their treatments.

The funniests thing is when a client sees you out of work, when you are wearing your civvies!!!

lol!! i no i swear mine think i sleep on the treatment couch at night, they look in pure shock when i see them and im wearing jeans and trainers!!!xx

Hi Guys,

I open till 8:00pm on thursdays and I always get some fizz & choc's in for the clients who book in for evening appointments.

Of course I make sure they leave their cars at home(dont do drink driving) & they think its fab!!.

I checked with my local gov office on this & as long as im not selling it then im free to offer a complimentry glass of slosh to those who want it.

HTH xx

Hi Guys,

I open till 8:00pm on thursdays and I always get some fizz & choc's in for the clients who book in for evening appointments.

Of course I make sure they leave their cars at home(dont do drink driving) & they think its fab!!.

I checked with my local gov office on this & as long as im not selling it then im free to offer a complimentry glass of slosh to those who want it.

HTH xx
I really really like that idea!!! Methinks it would be a good thing to do if someone booked a deluxe treatment.

Latest posts

Back