What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do they look like when they are wet Picchi?

Here is a pic of the fuzzy nails wet. My ring-finger and middle-finger where just under the tap. My index finger is dry and my pinky was wet around 3 mins before this picture was taken.

03Tbr.jpg

You can also see how the nails are holding up. I did this mani last night and although I have been careful with my nails, I have done all the things I normally do. The little bits of glitter are still in the fuzzy bits but they just didn't show up in this pic :?: I guess because of the camera angle.

Last edited:
How exactly do you do this? Xx

I just used tape to section off bits of my nail, then painted it, wait a few mins for it to dry then add on another colour, then used a nail art pen (andrea fulerton dot and flick pen) to carefully draw the black lines. I just did random patterns on each one.

I have been wanting to try this for so long, and now that I have finally been able to try it, I really wanted to share:o.

This is a mani I did using Martha Stewart flocking powder from her valentines collection. I had to buy this from the US as I could not find flocking powder, where I live and ordering from the US turned out cheaper than finding it in Europe :eek:

XhCjC.jpg

The interesting thing is that this mani is quite resistant. I have washed my face, brushed my teeth, done my make up, hell I even (albeit carefully) applied oil to my nails and the mani still looks perfect.

This mani makes me smile, and for me that makes it great. I realize it's not for everyone and maybe a simple accent nail could have been enough; but if your going to do something a little funky, I say go all out :D

(I had posted this in the main forum but obviously it was the wrong place :sad:)

How did you do these hun xx

Not my nails but a first attempt at caviars - found it difficult to get an even layer but will keep trying :p

Wow there fabulous curvy girl x x

They are all lovely!

so are your fluffy pink nails- REALLY tempted to buy some MS flocking powder but must resist.. (till at least 3pm..lol!)

Not my nails but a first attempt at caviars - found it difficult to get an even layer but will keep trying :p

Just tried it now on my own pinky, looks much better

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338467427.580427.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338467427.580427.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 423
How did you do these hun xx

I applied a base coat and then one coat of Kiko #376 (a cotton candy pink polish similar to the flocking powder) and I waited for it to dry.

Then, nail by nail, I applied a coat of #376 and dropped the flocking powder onto the tacky polish. Then I lightly dabbed the nail to set the powder into the polish and then I gently wiped off the excess. It is really simple but so cute!

so are your fluffy pink nails- REALLY tempted to buy some MS flocking powder but must resist.. (till at least 3pm..lol!)
Hihihi :hug:, thanks. I got mine for $4 with shipping :lick: Go on get some :D

I applied a base coat and then one coat of Kiko #376 (a cotton candy pink polish similar to the flocking powder) and I waited for it to dry.

Then, nail by nail, I applied a coat of #376 and dropped the flocking powder onto the tacky polish. Then I lightly dabbed the nail to set the powder into the polish and then I gently wiped off the excess. It is really simple but so cute!

Hihihi :hug:, thanks. I got mine for $4 with shipping :lick: Go on get some :D
Thanks so much, I just bought some and can't wait to have a go x

Having a nightmare with the bio lighter colours so been practicing on myself, x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338479031.542741.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338479031.542741.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 362
I have been wanting to try this for so long, and now that I have finally been able to try it, I really wanted to share:o.

This is a mani I did using Martha Stewart flocking powder from her valentines collection. I had to buy this from the US as I could not find flocking powder, where I live and ordering from the US turned out cheaper than finding it in Europe :eek:

XhCjC.jpg

The interesting thing is that this mani is quite resistant. I have washed my face, brushed my teeth, done my make up, hell I even (albeit carefully) applied oil to my nails and the mani still looks perfect.

This mani makes me smile, and for me that makes it great. I realize it's not for everyone and maybe a simple accent nail could have been enough; but if your going to do something a little funky, I say go all out :D

(I had posted this in the main forum but obviously it was the wrong place :sad:)

Hi picchi
Have u tried stamping on them? Only reason I ask is because we are doin nails for a photoshoot at college and the theme weve picked is Wimbledon so we want to do one nail tennis ball style so was thinking yellow/ green velveteen? but not really sure how to create the White lines on it ?

Any UK Geeks that would like to buy and try flocking powders, I have just found these :D Just ordered mine, can't wait to play!!

Martha Stewart Set of 12 Glitter Flocking Powders

There's sets of Martha Stewart Glitters on there too for anyone that wants them ;)

Hi picchi
Have u tried stamping on them? Only reason I ask is because we are doin nails for a photoshoot at college and the theme weve picked is Wimbledon so we want to do one nail tennis ball style so was thinking yellow/ green velveteen? but not really sure how to create the White lines on it ?

Not sure you'd be able to do anything on top as you wouldn't be able to top coat it would you?? It would lose it's fluffy??

Having a nightmare with the bio lighter colours so been practicing on myself, x

You don't look like you are! These are lovely.Xx :)

More foil nails x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338489404.615188.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338489404.615188.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 369
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338489427.982428.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338489427.982428.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 304
I'm a lover of black nails but have been working my way through all my new gelish ~ tonight it's black shadow and sheek white

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338495433.848292.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338495433.848292.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 342
Just tried it now on my own pinky, looks much better

This looks fab. I attempted caviar yesterday but the beads just slipped off my nail. I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to doing this. I'm wondering if I bought the wrong beads as yours look round and mine are more like....well beads with a tiny hole in the centre which I bought from my local craft store. Where did you get yours from x

This looks fab. I attempted caviar yesterday but the beads just slipped off my nail. I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to doing this. I'm wondering if I bought the wrong beads as yours look round and mine are more like....well beads with a tiny hole in the centre which I bought from my local craft store. Where did you get yours from x

they're Martha Stewart's :Martha Stewart Microbeads 12/Pkg-: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

hth's

Latest posts

Back