What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been diagnosed with a lung complaint so I'm going to stop doing hard gel as I don't want to breathe in any filing dust. So today I have removed all my hard gel extensions and shellacked them instead. I absolutely hate them as I've never had them this short before but owing to being so poorly and on so many meds they're in a dire state. Just hope they grow quick :(

I've been diagnosed with a lung complaint so I'm going to stop doing hard gel as I don't want to breathe in any filing dust. So today I have removed all my hard gel extensions and shellacked them instead. I absolutely hate them as I've never had them this short before but owing to being so poorly and on so many meds they're in a dire state. Just hope they grow quick :(

Nice! So how did you do the design?

Sorry to hear you're poorly :( X

I went for a mixi mani to show off some variety for photos for my facebook/website
Left to right
Half moon mani in Coral & Glitz
Ring finger in a cosmic purple caviar
Romantic roses for valentines & last but certainly not least a popping pink velvet pointer

What do you think ?
X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359935213.836955.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359935213.836955.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 428
They're gorgeous! Is it shellac & what is on the black so effective love to mix things up too xx

Agreed! I love this thread, let's clog it up with lovely nails not arguments please :)

And on that note... Here are some I did earlier, client didn't know what she wanted so she chose a bit of everything!

Hi Sarah
I was taught that s-gel needs to be lightly buffed if colour is being put on top. I put shellac over s-gel if someone needs a bit more strength - no problem.

Ps I'm in spa - not too far from you :)

Thanks so much!! Yes you are, I remember you pm me last year and saying that where you are. Hope you're well :) xx

S-gel Sarah as you will need this for the strength in the apex.... trying applying a thin coat of s-gel over the entire nail and tip then using an upper arch brush drop a large bead of s-gel to the apex and allow it to level then cure, works a treat for me and barely any buffing required after. x

I'll try that, thank you. Do you find this method gives you a lot of strength? Xx

They're gorgeous! Is it shellac & what is on the black so effective love to mix things up too xx

Thank you  it's Gelish hun and I used small individual square studs on the black nail and just placed them where I wanted them. Really can't see them very well in the photo actually :( xx

I went for a mixi mani to show off some variety for photos for my facebook/website
Left to right
Half moon mani in Coral & Glitz
Ring finger in a cosmic purple caviar
Romantic roses for valentines & last but certainly not least a popping pink velvet pointer

What do you think ?
X

I love these!! How did you apply the caviar? How long have they been on? I can't get them to last longer than 3-4 days xx

My valentines day nails.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359966712.425512.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359966712.425512.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 418
I cannot wait to get shellac in my life at the Beauty Show. Your all making me very jealous!!

To be honest i dont think its designed to last - most of my clients only get it as a special nail for an event or night out so they expect it to last 1-2 nights.

I once done done a floating gel top coat (sech vite uv) if you dont umm rub the caviar balls with the brush the colour doesnt seem to run and they lasted over a week!

xx

I love these!! How did you apply the caviar? How long have they been on? I can't get them to last longer than 3-4 days xx

Thanks .. well they look lush in the pic so if that doesnt do justice they must be amazing in real life :)

x
Thank you  it's Gelish hun and I used small individual square studs on the black nail and just placed them where I wanted them. Really can't see them very well in the photo actually :( xx

My first play with glitters over Gelcolor :)

Love the black and silver although there all lovely. Can I ask what glitter you use? X

I did copy these but added a few little changes :)600531_212823362188796_1555552530_n.jpg

My first set of Valentine's nails. Shellac Wildfire and Cream Puff accents, with handpainted hearts in Wildfire, Rose Bud and Hot Pop Pink

66161_204944529647456_432115602_n.jpg

Love them. Are the hearts hand painted? What glitter is it? xx

Thank you! Hearts are BM stamps and there are two different glitters (hard to see) but they're Martha Stewart glitters and one is called tourmaline and the other is kunzite I believe? Can't remember exactly. Will look at the container when I get home from work! X.

Latest posts

Back