What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pink nails i did for my friend who is a nail biter but was getting engaged on holiday and i did mine different colours for my weekend away but seeing them in the picture cant believe how wonky they are!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What colours did you use for the multi neon nails? X

I'm gonna start a sort of..nail "scrapbook" if ya will, with pics of all the nails i've done/will do, and stick nail art tips in there too. So these are the first few.

Not all the tips i'll stick in there will be getting done on others..just there for art purposes lol

(Oh, the middle one is DivineByDesign's..watch her youtube vids and loved this one :) )

Attachments

• IMAG0606.jpg
    IMAG0606.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 634
This nail biter was such a challenge..her other hand was worse. Hopefully the next update will be better again.

Attachments

• nail biter 1.jpg
    nail biter 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 584
  • nail biter 2.jpg
    nail biter 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 632
I did a wedding party yesterday.
This is the brides nails...
I was asked for blingy so I did the ring fingers, she then decided she needed bling on every finger but they all had to be different..

Lovely! How do you secure your crystals? Coz they look lovely and sparkly whereas mine dull with the topcoat.
Thanks

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374928948.444926.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374928958.570274.jpg can't do my left hand :( two different designs on both hands haha! Also I have half a nail on my one hand hence the hiding finger!

I love this affect, can I ask what you used & how you did it please? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, yes I did 2 coats of make you blink pink (gelish) and cured each coat, one coat of starburst DO NOT CURE then added dots of top coat cured then top coated them all :) xx

I can't remember if I posted these or not buy I did the CND peacock plume over Retention+ enhancements. Not perfect but I'm happy although I did find the design quite fiddly ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374936456.168416.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374938004.575305.jpg

Rainbow shellac with glitter additives for my friends hen night tonight. X

I did a wedding party yesterday.
This is the brides nails...
I was asked for blingy so I did the ring fingers, she then decided she needed bling on every finger but they all had to be different..

Love them.
Are they tips? X

My mums fingers & toes and then my latest nails! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954169.866312.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954169.866312.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 515
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954179.549198.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954179.549198.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 511
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954227.433075.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374954227.433075.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 507
Lovely! How do you secure your crystals? Coz they look lovely and sparkly whereas mine dull with the topcoat.
Thanks

Thanks Waffle, these were gel nails and when I did the final coat of top gloss I pushed them into the gel before curing.
Tbh I put a thin coat of top gloss over the whole nail as normal compley OK ng the hand, then I went back and put a dot of top gloss where I wanted the crystals and popped the crystal onto it, pushed it down a tad to cover not only its base but the widest part then did more doing the same then cured.
The idea being that once cured the widest part of the crystal would be held in the hardened fell rather than sat on top.
There is nothing covering them only a wipe of cleanse to remove tacky later and cuticle oil.. They are really really blingy in real life xx

Thanks Waffle, these were gel nails and when I did the final coat of top gloss I pushed them into the gel before curing.
Tbh I put a thin coat of top gloss over the whole nail as normal compley OK ng the hand, then I went back and put a dot of top gloss where I wanted the crystals and popped the crystal onto it, pushed it down a tad to cover not only its base but the widest part then did more doing the same then cured.
The idea being that once cured the widest part of the crystal would be held in the hardened fell rather than sat on top.
There is nothing covering them only a wipe of cleanse to remove tacky later and cuticle oil.. They are really really blingy in real life xx

Great explanation, thank you. Ill do that with my NSI gel. However, if I'm using shellac is it the same principle? Thanks x

I enjoyed doing these, shellac over acrylic, not perfect but I rarely do nail art

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374960162.062945.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374960162.062945.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 512
Hi treacle 44, i used shellac studio white then neon pigments off ebay, to get them very bright i used clearly pink then the pigment again then top coat. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great explanation, thank you. Ill do that with my NSI gel. However, if I'm using shellac is it the same principle? Thanks x

I do exactly this with shellac top coat when I use crystals and the never budge for the length of the service . Perfect explanation Victoriabar

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine today! Acrylics with Cath Kidston inspired shellac! Spent most of last night doing them .. Just need to do my other hand now! 😌ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375004550.631861.jpg

Latest posts

Back