What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me chuckle that no one has said anything about the colours being mixed in the marbling of the flowers, some of that is very mixed too ;)

I also wondered at the time you posted about the mixing of two colours but Sammi beat me to it with her observation at the time. I thought maybe there might be clarification from someone as maybe things have changed since I was told you shouldn't actually mix two colours to make a new one and you should only layer colours.

I did notice the marbling in a few pictures, I love marbled Shellac but to me its not the same. You're dragging one colour through another but it doesn't really get mixed up to a great degree, if it did it wouldn't be marbled, it would just be a different colour. Its the one form of nail art I'm getting more and more tempted to have a go at having seen it in this topic.

Rein your neck in girly, a question was asked about how they are done.. I replied with how "I" do them.
You quoted and I replied again with how "I" do them.

Which was what my long post explained.

If anyone wants to direct anything regarding my deleted post to me then please do it via PM, I'll look forward to reading them,
Many thanks...

Now then back to topic at hand..
My nails are a heady mix of wildfire, a splash of magnolia matt emulsion and few dots of white gloss... Fantastic contrast.
I'm going to name them The decorators mess!! ;)

Lol!!! Sound nice, No picture? :) xx

My nails are a heady mix of wildfire, a splash of magnolia matt emulsion and few dots of white gloss... Fantastic contrast.

I actually asked if there was a picture of your nails and then had to edit really quickly when I realised what a muppet I was about to look! I didn't see the word emulsion and thought it was colours!! :eek: :rolleyes:

I also wondered at the time you posted about the mixing of two colours but Sammi beat me to it with her observation at the time. I thought maybe there might be clarification from someone as maybe things have changed since I was told you shouldn't actually mix two colours to make a new one and you should only layer colours.

I did notice the marbling in a few pictures, I love marbled Shellac but to me its not the same. You're dragging one colour through another but it doesn't really get mixed up to a great degree, if it did it wouldn't be marbled, it would just be a different colour. Its the one form of nail art I'm getting more and more tempted to have a go at having seen it in this topic.

I've clearly missed something :-/ can someone pm me about whether you can or can't mix colours please? I don't want to start a debate on here lol so if someone could pm me, that would be fab thanks xxx

Some if this weeks :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916560.854086.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916560.854086.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 394
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916570.971091.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916570.971091.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 395
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916581.754374.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359916581.754374.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 377
Haha Hollie and Min
I've picked the offending stuff off and can say my shellac is perfect underneath ;)

When u did the acrylic paint work did u do it in top off the two colour coats the top it off or top it off the paint then top it off again? They look fab xx

I usually do it on the colour coat and then top it off once its dry. But because i didn't know if i'd be able to do the letters, i did it on top of the cured top it off xx

Love is in the air :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917665.593984.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917665.593984.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 284
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917693.782361.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917693.782361.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 256
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917703.480896.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359917703.480896.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 244
Rein your neck in girly, a question was asked about how they are done.. I replied with how "I" do them.
You quoted and I replied again with how "I" do them.

Which was what my long post explained.

If anyone wants to direct anything regarding my deleted post to me then please do it via PM, I'll look forward to reading them,
Many thanks...

I know your are saying how YOU do them but CND themselves state that mixing the colours is not recommended. This is because the chemical make up if each shade is different and they can therefore not be mixed.

Why would I PM you when you are posting remarks that you deem necessary to delete?

Rein my neck in? How utterly rude

Please don't ruin this thread and make it close too :( this is a fab thread that I love looking at daily. Would be such a shame to have it closed down because of a disagreement.

If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all haha! ;)

Now.... What lovely nails do others have on today? :D xxx

I know your are saying how YOU do them but CND themselves state that mixing the colours is not recommended. This is because the chemical make up if each shade is different and they can therefore not be mixed.

Why would I PM you when you are posting remarks that you deem necessary to delete?

Rein my neck in? How utterly rude
I didn't ask you to message me.

And the only reason I deleted was I detailed exactly how I do my flowered nails, marbled nails and other marbled/mix type art and it was very long winded.

Not sure why folk would message you with their concerns tho if I'm honest, it was purely deleted as I didn't want the hassles about how or why I do my art.

No biggy!!
Now if you want to continue then I am advising you take it to PM or else you'll get this lovely long thread shut down... Or maybe noodle could just delete our carp!!

I didn't ask you to message me.

And the only reason I deleted was I detailed exactly how I do my flowered nails, marbled nails and other marbled/mix type art and it was very long winded.

Not sure why folk would message you with their concerns tho if I'm honest, it was purely deleted as I didn't want the hassles about how or why I do my art.

No biggy!!
Now if you want to continue then I am advising you take it to PM or else you'll get this lovely long thread shut down... Or maybe noodle could just delete our carp!!

Why delete it? I think it's is relevant for Nail Geeks to know that, even though some Mix shellac shades, it is not advised.

Unless an EA tells me otherwise, that will be my view and strong advise.

As I didn't post my painters nails ill post my toenails instead... Blackpool and gold holo glitter :)
I've had them on 3wks now.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359919432.484085.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359919432.484085.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 352
As I didn't post my painters nails ill post my toenails instead... Blackpool and gold holo glitter :)
I've had them on 3wks now.

I love how long it lasts on toes. I hate to say, but mine's been on about 7 weeks now haha! X

Please don't ruin this thread and make it close too :( this is a fab thread that I love looking at daily. Would be such a shame to have it closed down because of a disagreement.

If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all haha! ;)

Now.... What lovely nails do others have on today? :D xxx

Agreed! I love this thread, let's clog it up with lovely nails not arguments please :)

And on that note... Here are some I did earlier, client didn't know what she wanted so she chose a bit of everything!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359919929.936153.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359919929.936153.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 385
Love these Toni x

Lovely Toni, is that gold studs or a patterned striping tape on the black nail?

I love how long it lasts on toes. I hate to say, but mine's been on about 7 weeks now haha! X

What's the roots like? Mine grow so slowly, even my fingernails take 3 wks to get a mm growth show ;) x

What's the roots like? Mine grow so slowly, even my fingernails take 3 wks to get a mm growth show ;) x

Not much different to yours to be honest. If my toes weren't such fat hideous sausages then I'd post a pic, but I wouldn't want to expose anyone to such an image haha!!!
My fingernails grow really quickly now that I wear Gelish, never used to before. X

Not much different to yours to be honest. If my toes weren't such fat hideous sausages then I'd post a pic, but I wouldn't want to expose anyone to such an image haha!!!
My fingernails grow really quickly now that I wear Gelish, never used to before. X

My gelish french toes have been on since the end of December. It's amazing. lol. Definite growth but it's not hugely noticeable.

Latest posts

Back