What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My clients chose this today. I love them xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390865965635.jpg
    1390865965635.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 628
A set of Shellac with smoothing gel for my wedding anniversary tomorrow.....I asked my 4 yr old what colour I should do them and he said 'Orange' so here they are :0) x

Attachments

• anniversarynails 001-002.jpg
    anniversarynails 001-002.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 599
  • anniversarynails 019-002.jpg
    anniversarynails 019-002.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 561
  • anniversary2 006-001.jpg
    anniversary2 006-001.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 557
A set of Shellac with smoothing gel for my wedding anniversary tomorrow.....I asked my 4 yr old what colour I should do them and he said 'Orange' so here they are :0) x

Do you mind me asking what camera you use? X

For those of you who use bundle monster, how much was delivery/ how long did it take? To Ireland

These are my natural nails now with silver chrome & silver foil effect (not completely full coverage hence the messy look) I call them my tinfoil nails :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390877007.374624.jpg

Has anyone successfully done the embossing with gelish? I'm struggling xx

Have you tried it with foil adhesive to draw the pattern hun instead of Gelish? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't get it to work either Jo! I've not tried the adhesive though, just tried with black shadow.

I can't get it to work either Jo! I've not tried the adhesive though, just tried with black shadow.

Me neither. Foil seems to stick to background colour even after wiping tacky layer off?

Me neither. Foil seems to stick to background colour even after wiping tacky layer off?

I always complete the nail first (topcoat & wipe sticky) then do the design...in theory it should then only stick it cured design x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I always complete the nail first (topcoat & wipe sticky) then do the design...in theory it should then only stick it cured design x

That's exactly what I did and it worked perfectly.

Karaxxx

Ah ta will try top coating first x

Jenski, can I ask what app you used for the sparkle effect on this pic? I love it!

Hi Tracy, I use an app called KiraKira cam, it has been mentioned on here before. I was always so disappointed when i took pics of Rockstar nails and they never sparkled like they did in real life, so this app is great. Really shows of the sparkle x

I followed these steps but the foil didn't stick to the design at all ( I did usual 2 coats colour, TIO and wiped tacky layer, then applied design in black shadow with a dotting tool, cured for 2mins then applied foil).
I don't know what to suggest but I may try the foil adhesive before I give up!

I followed these steps but the foil didn't stick to the design at all ( I did usual 2 coats colour, TIO and wiped tacky layer, then applied design in black shadow with a dotting tool, cured for 2mins then applied foil).
I don't know what to suggest but I may try the foil adhesive before I give up!

Ah that's a shame :(

Yes try the adhesive, let us know how you get on! x

mine today :)

Attachments

• 2014-01-28 12.51.34.jpg
    2014-01-28 12.51.34.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 534
It might be a faff, but for you Gelish users having trouble with the embossing, if you follow all the steps that the girls have already suggested and still do your design in black or other colour so you can see it and so that it's still raised and then apply some foil adhesive over the design only, cure for 2 mins again then apply the foil, that will work but just means you'll have an extra step to do and a bit longer with your time xx

Do you mind me asking what camera you use? X

Hiya, thank you. I use a very modest Fuji finepix z5 for my pictures although it does struggle with shine sometimes as it pixelates.

I take my pictures under my daylight manicure lamp on the macro setting with low surrounding light, which makes the colors stand out.

I don't use my phone camera it just isn't good enough xx
hth x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390922369.514607.jpgGels with nail art using normal polish

Latest posts

Back