What part of your nail education have you enjoyed the most?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
What part of your nail education have you enjoyed the most?

Mine would have to be my Fabric# conversion, seeing how the application differed to the fibreglass system I was using previously, picking up valuable tips on fibreglass application etc aswell as new techniques :D

I really enjoyed a one to one I had with Amanda but I also really enjoy the unofficial education at the shows.

i really enjoyed my ezflow conversion with antony i was as nervous as hell, but had a great day and learnt so so much

All of it! I love going on courses and learning new techniques and tips and learning how to get out of bad habits and learning new good habits!

Like Fiona I love watching people work at the shows, you can pick up a lot there, like the time I stood and watched Trang for about an hour or so, he gave his information so freely and was an inspiration to watch.

I guess the best learning ever was the time I spent with Gigi, although I think there was more chat than nails, but I learned so much from her.... not just techniques, the chat was an education in itself....business talk and general banter, can't beat it.

I'm very much a one woman band, dont have much support from family and freinds with what I do and generally feel a bit lonesome in my quest for the best home salon I can have. So for me (apart from learning) one of the best bits is being in the company of people who really want to learn about nails and educators who know their stuff inside out. Makes me realise I'm not alone after all!

I have enjoyed most of my education in nails but I think when I did a 1-2-1 to address my smile lines was the most satisfying oh and passing my Masters.

You know what - I've loved every bit of it! I have had some fab tutors (Dianne, Bev and Shona - at Leeds, and a 1-2-1 with Gigi) - I can't really say one particular part as I just love learning. Although passing my L&P and my Fabric Masters have been pretty special!xx

Mine was my ez flow acrylic progression course. Can't wait to do the design course next month.

I've really enjoyed all the courses that I've done, but I guess the biggest buzz was when I finally passed my l&p masters, can't wait to crack on with the rest now. I just love to learn!! lol:lol:

Ive loved every minute of mine too. I cant wait to do more classes and hopefully my masters next year. Ive still a long way to go but knowing there is so much to learn excites me becasue i know ill never get bored in this job! x

ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! But the best buzzes were passing my LCN stage 1 when I thought I had failed and found I got near perfect marks! Being told by Brenda at LCN that I ought to compete (even though the chicken suit says otherwise!). And last but not last being invited by Gigi to Spain to learn Fabric#. Thought I was going to be so nervous in her presence, but she's just the bestest best MWAH MWAH MWAH (and I don't care if that makes me a brown noser, cos she's my fwend! :hug: )

kateyork1 said:
You know what - I've loved every bit of it! I have had some fab tutors (Dianne, Bev and Shona - at Leeds, and a 1-2-1 with Gigi) - I can't really say one particular part as I just love learning. Although passing my L&P and my Fabric Masters have been pretty special!xx

think ill have to second that kate - ive had most of my training at leeds with diane. what a fab educator she is.
but i must say that ive enjoyed all my education too, and there must be something wrong with me cos i just love swotting......................

Peter Pan said:
think ill have to second that kate - ive had most of my training at leeds with diane. what a fab educator she is.
but i must say that ive enjoyed all my education too, and there must be something wrong with me cos i just love swotting......................

Lol - me too Glynis, loving the swotting. In fact I'm sat here reading up on Master Manicure stuff at the moment and can't wait for the 9th August to do the Pedi one too (see you there!!) xxx

I loved my 121 with Amanda. We covered sculpting on nail biters and sculpting to extend the nail bed with custom blending. It was great!

I also did my fabric# conversion 121 and I too loved how different it was from the other brand I was using and the more than white product that went with it. :)

xxxx

I agree that I just love learning - so I have enjoyed all of it and will enjoy all the up and coming courses etc as well:green:

Sassy Hassy said:
ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! But the best buzzes were passing my LCN stage 1 when I thought I had failed and found I got near perfect marks! Being told by Brenda at LCN that I ought to compete (even though the chicken suit says otherwise!). And last but not last being invited by Gigi to Spain to learn Fabric#. Thought I was going to be so nervous in her presence, but she's just the bestest best MWAH MWAH MWAH (and I don't care if that makes me a brown noser, cos she's my fwend! :hug: )

Chicken suit still in the cupboard even though you promised me you'd put it away if I did...I only did it cos you said you would lol! Now I'm up against Jac again....c'mon Sass take the chicken suit off.

Latest posts

Back