What Phone company are you with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRose

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what mobile phone company other Geeks use. I'm with T-Mobile but I'm thinking of changing it next year when my contract is up.

I've heard that 3 pay you (I don't think cash) for when you receive calls. This would be great for Nail Techs to earn extra ££'s whilst receiving calls from clients etc

Is anyone with 3 and if so how does work?

my husband and i are with virgin pay as you go.. we get billed quarterly and i think the largest bill we have ever had is £23 between us as it is a joint account.. would not swop yet

Been with Orange now for 8 years and can't fault them.

My partner recently had to swap to Vodafone and the signal is absolutely useless. His phone doesn't work half the time, whereas when he was with Orange he never had any problems.

River

River said:
Been with Orange now for 8 years and can't fault them.

My partner recently had to swap to Vodafone and the signal is absolutely useless. His phone doesn't work half the time, whereas when he was with Orange he never had any problems.

River
I've heard that Orange have the best signal by far...

HappyHands said:
my husband and i are with virgin pay as you go.. we get billed quarterly and i think the largest bill we have ever had is £23 between us as it is a joint account.. would not swop yet

Liz, how does this work - i didn't realise that you can get a quarterly bill on pay as you go - is it vouchers that you use?

Orange cant fault em i have an orange genie chip i must spend 20.00 a month if that and then i have 1000 free texts to use

And i do use them all:)

lisaloveliness said:
Orange cant fault em i have an orange genie chip i must spend 20.00 a month if that and then i have 1000 free texts to use

Blooming heck ! I only send about 10 text a month .....

I've heard that Orange have the best signal by far...[/QUOTE]

That is true. They honestly are a brill service provider !

River

I'm with o2 can't fault them either...I got my phone online (check bills etc) so i get 150 free minutes and 750 free texts per month...for just £25 - well cheap compared to what I was spending on pay as u go!!

Vodafone - one of the oldest, most expensive but VERY reliable. No breaking up or any such thing. Been with them for nearly 10 years.

im with vodafone and i cant fault them one bit - i also had an orange fone too and they were great. im only on pay as u go though - so im not sure about contract fones xx

River said:
Blooming heck ! I only send about 10 text a month .....

I've heard that Orange have the best signal by far...[/QUOTE]

That is true. They honestly are a brill service provider !

River

I think im a text aholic and so do my friends id rather text than spk its quicker and i can do it as wk as well:green: :green:

o2 its £30 I get 750 texts and 300 mins (i think i aren't sure on the mins). Its an 18 month contract tho so if you want to upgrade a lot its not too good on that front. I think its great tho

lisaloveliness said:

I'm with two O2- free calls and tx's and T-Mob free weekend and evenings
at the time. They were good when I got them but now it costs me more than it should as I tend to use the t-mob at the wrong time and go over the free mins with O2 :lol:

I have heard about the 3 deal but down here they have rubbish reception.

I think I need to go pay as you go for a while to control my calling/spending

Orange-not been there but might have to get one of their chips, what the call rates Lisa?

Vodafone- I will never go back there, a few years back they were charging me for calls I hadn't made.

T-mobile check your bills girls new things are happening out there, I once had a phone and account added to my account without my authorisation it was all dealt with in the end once the police got involved.

Also if you get tx messages from someone advertising something YOU GET CHARGED FOR THEM (get them stopped) I've had some arguments with them recently were they wouldn't credit my account back so I stopped paying my bill till they did, they will try and tell you must have signed put but all it takes is for you to give your business card to one of these cons and they have your number to send to.

O2 so far is my favorite they always have great deals and the customer service is good

fats28 said:
o2 its £30 I get 750 texts and 300 mins (i think i aren't sure on the mins). Its an 18 month contract tho so if you want to upgrade a lot its not too good on that front. I think its great tho

yeah I agree upgrade part needs sorting

02 had my contract 3years its £30 pm 200 mins (cross network) & 500 free texts, also get free WAP which is great if u use e-bay, can check your auctions on the move !

O2 for me also, been with them 6 yrs now and wouldnt change.
200 any time and network minutes and 500 texts £25 p/m (which i dont always use but are there for the kids instead of the land line)
Also ive changed my monthly plan loads of times without any hassle at all.:green:

Im with t-mobile cant fault them one bit, i had a problem with texts the other week and rang them up and they sorted it straight away there really helpful!:) xx

I'm with Orange think they are brilliant! £20 per month for 3000 texts! lol I found Vodafone to be expensive and didn't like O2 coz when I finished my 12 month contract I got threatening letters from them saying I never paid my bills when I did as it all came out direct debit every month! Took months and months to sort out, even had baliffs round my house at one point!! Lucky I had proof that I paid each month straight from my bank and I involved the police!! So bad experience with O2!!:cry:

HappyHands said:
Im with O2 its gr8 you get free messages and talk time xx

T mobile for me to, when I was due an up grade and didn't want one they redused my bill by £10 a month. when my daughter wanted to go onto ufix again no problem.
I know some peeps who have 3 and they say the call center is a night mare.
I have heard that the next generation of phones will all be linked to our broard band, so if you are in range of a broard band conection your calls will be free, like email is and the only calls you will pay for are for when you are out of range. will be interested in this.:)

Latest posts

Back