what products to use for oily skin ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
hi all....i have really oily skin and i also have eczema...i have tried "witch" products to dry it up but my skin is still oily....does anyone know of any products i can use that are sensitive to skin aswell....if the product is harsh,it will bring me up in a rash!!.....
thanks geeks xx

Dermalogica has some good products though I am sure there are many others on the market.

I do know from experience and from friends that eating apples is very good for your skin.

My friend's son had very oily/spotty skin and he was advised to eat at least one or two apples a day and his skin got much better. When he stopped eating them for a few days his bad skin came back.

I know it has worked with my daughter, her T zone was quite bad but since she has been eating an apple a day it is hardly oily at all any more.

Don't ask me how but it might be worth a go.

Trish :hug:

Dermalogica has some good products though I am sure there are many others on the market.

I do know from experience and from friends that eating apples is very good for your skin.

My friend's son had very oily/spotty skin and he was advised to eat at least one or two apples a day and his skin got much better. When he stopped eating them for a few days his bad skin came back.

I know it has worked with my daughter, her T zone was quite bad but since she has been eating an apple a day it is hardly oily at all any more.

Don't ask me how but it might be worth a go.

waw an apple a day keeps your spots away!!! thanks for that hun cos i did not know that xx

I know, it sounds mad, but I do believe that what you put into your body can have an effect on the outside, and this really does work.

hi all....i have really oily skin and i also have eczema...i have tried "witch" products to dry it up but my skin is still oily....does anyone know of any products i can use that are sensitive to skin aswell....if the product is harsh,it will bring me up in a rash!!.....
thanks geeks xx

What is your current skincare routine at home? What products, how often etc?

Whilst it is true that our diet effects our skin it may not be your sole solution.

Also you said you have eczema - is it currently flared up? What products do you use for that?

What you are using is probably too strong. Skin is a bit like your hair in that the more you strip it of its own natural oil the more it will over produce.
Keep well away from spot cleansers im not naming names.Although you can treat individual spots and i would recommend neat teatree from australian bodycare.
There are many good skin care ranges out there that im sure will help.You just need to find the right one.With skin like yours i would look at an aromatherapy based range like decleor,eve taylor or quinessence.

i wash my face with lukewarm water then 2 or 3 times a week i use witch face wash......i have used loads of products to get rid of oily skin but none work :cry:!!!.....no my eczema is not flared up at the mo.....i just use water to wash my face as i dont know what else to use to get rid of my oily skin.....thanks for all your replies so far geeks....see i knew i could count on you guys:hug:xxx

Non astringent based products would be best, and purchasing burdock root tablets, very good for helping the skin clear.

As it removes toxins from the blood that can cause, Acne, Eczema, Psorasis, and dermatitis.

Non astringent based products would be best, and purchasing burdock root tablets, very good for helping the skin clear.

As it removes toxins from the blood that can cause, Acne, Eczema, Psorasis, and dermatitis.
oooohhhhh....thank you for that huni....will get some tabs xxxx

oooohhhhh....thank you for that huni....will get some tabs xxxx
No worries, call again.:hug:

Caution- high blood pressure, if you dont have this, go for it, the tablets def. give good results.[/B]

Your best bet would be to contact a salon local to you that you trust and have a facial done. That way they can give you a proper skin analysis whilst looking and touching your skin. They will be able o recommend some good products for you.

I would also support Gillian when she said to try something aromatherapy based. I use Eve Taylor as does my daughter who get occasional eczema. She uses the sensitive range and it has worked wonders.

Hi im new to beauty as im training at the minute,iv just done an R+R and im sure iv read that you should NOT use water on ya face because it contains {i dont know if it was chemicals} im gona go and see what iv written.x

Hi im new to beauty as im training at the minute,iv just done an R+R and im sure iv read that you should NOT use water on ya face because it contains {i dont know if it was chemicals} im gona go and see what iv written.x
Not quite right because its very difficult to avoid water on your face if you wash your hair in the shower and there are also some good facial washes. Also i wash off my cream cleanser in the shower with no ill effects and i have maturing skin.
So its what you are using with the water thats the problem.

i wash my face with lukewarm water then 2 or 3 times a week i use witch face wash......i have used loads of products to get rid of oily skin but none work :cry:!!!.....no my eczema is not flared up at the mo.....i just use water to wash my face as i dont know what else to use to get rid of my oily skin.....thanks for all your replies so far geeks....see i knew i could count on you guys:hug:xxx

You really should be cleansing & moistursing twice a day.
For make up removal try jojoba oil, removed with a wash cloth. It might sound wierd using an oil on oily skin, but it's fab. Jojoba oil makes a awesome cleanser & it will not agrivate eczema.

You really should be cleansing & moistursing twice a day.
For make up removal try jojoba oil, removed with a wash cloth. It might sound wierd using an oil on oily skin, but it's fab. Jojoba oil makes a awesome cleanser & it will not agrivate eczema.
thank you hun xx

Latest posts

Back